Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

The Hidden Ring Stash mission is annoying me to end to AAA, there's just not enough time to get that many rings together and all of the left and right path ways have tiny sandy bumps that make you jump and go off-screen then respawn back on the road >_<

I had the same problem, I'm not very good at collecting things in cars. I haven't got around to getting AAA on each mission yet, there are some I struggled simply getting a single A on. The giant Zombie mission with Jacky and Akira was the worst of the lot, but any of the 'boss' battles were incredibly frustrating. I suppose it's all about finding a route to take with the items and trying not to get hit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Mission 42 was pretty much the hardest mission for me. You have to find the right pattern in order to clear it, and it could take a while in order to find the right pattern.

Guys, I have been playing the SSASR demo. With just Sonic and Banjo, and one track. It is more fun than several games I own the full versions of. Including Mario Kart.

if you are complaining about DLC then you need mental help.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, I have been playing the SSASR demo. With just Sonic and Banjo, and one track. It is more fun than several games I own the full versions of. Including Mario Kart.

This is exactly why I thought the demo for this game was so great. It does exactly what a demo should do perfectly, in giving you a very fun little taster of a much larger game. If a demo makes me want to play it over and over before the game comes out then, well...that's gotta mean something right?

DLC though, I think the game itself is more than big enough as it is (especially as it retails for £30-ish at the most). Sure I'd welcome more DLC with open arms, but I'm not too fussed if there is no more. And remember, it's not actually been confirmed that there's no more! It's just...kind of unlikely. :mellow:

Finally just got all Trophies for the game and obtained my first Platinum Trophy :D I finished things off with the the Feel The Magic Trophy, since I started collecting the Trophies I wanted to leave that one until last. Something about making Amy smack Sonic with her Piko Piko Hammer just screamed celebrate :lol:

As long as I don't look at the online hidden trophy lists for ASR I probably won't get the platinum. I'm going to try and find out what they are, but I know I'll eventually force myself to find out.

I also forgot to record who I'd won races with, so it took a while to get the win a race with everyone trophy, plus I forgot to remember who I'd used the all star moves with and I still don't know. :lol:

As long as I don't look at the online hidden trophy lists for ASR I probably won't get the platinum. I'm going to try and find out what they are, but I know I'll eventually force myself to find out.

I also forgot to record who I'd won races with, so it took a while to get the win a race with everyone trophy, plus I forgot to remember who I'd used the all star moves with and I still don't know. :lol:

I'd forgot too so I had to just play through everyone until the Trophies unlocked. I had a look at the hidden Trophies at PS3trophies.org so i could unlock them, I think you'd be better doing that otherwise you'll never unlock half of them as you'd have never thought to do some of the things they require you to do. All 7 are easy and fun to do though.

EDIT:

Still no PS3 Dynamic Theme -

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/05/heads-up-playstation-store-update-5th-may-2010/

Dammnnnn this topic is dead now =[ ahh well I barely play on this game anymore on my Xbox 360 nowadays I can't be bothered with it much since I played it to death haha XD hopefully this game will get more DLC (if SEGA wants to have more) then my interest for this game may kick in again probably then die again XD =D

Mm, I've not played it for a while either, though I think that's mainly down to lack of time rather than lack of interest. Would love to 100% it, achievements wise.

solchallenge.jpg

I want to race S0L! Come on S0L Lets see you play some of us on the PS3 version!

It's be a shame of he'd only accept on PS3, I'd love to give S0L a race or 2. laugh.gif

Edited by Sinister Switzerland

Who ever wins gets a life time of pos rep from me may the best man win XD anyway I've played S0L about 2/3 times on the Xbox 360 online randomly it was quite fun he a good racer funny races aswell and cool to talk too on the headset :)

Right who's up for a game on any of the 4 versions?

15:26 GMT EDIT:

Offer expired

hopefully this game will get more DLC (if SEGA wants to have more)

Why not, there's plenty of awesome place we wanted to see in this game (and characters too). I'm sure they will not stop after only one DLC but I hope it will not cost the same incredibly high price for just 1 char./area.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Why not, there's plenty of awesome place we wanted to see in this game (and characters too). I'm sure they will not stop after only one DLC but I hope it will not cost the same incredibly high price for just 1 char./area.

They will, and they have.

Sumo have said they won't be doing anymore and Sega have shown little to no interest in the game following it's initial launch. Theres very little right now to suggest that something is in the works.

Even that fellow that was going on about fan made stuff has shut up about it.

The PC version of SASASR is currently only £10 on the Game and Gamestation websites, so if you don't already have the game you could get it for cheap.

I would buy another copy myself, but the lack of online puts me off, but on the other hand I could run it at 60 frames per second if I had the settings on not too high.

Even that fellow that was going on about fan made stuff has shut up about it.

Well, I wasn't aware of this point, last time I've checked info on the game was when the Metal'DLC was out so I've wondering but I didn't thought SUMO and SEGA were so clear.

Too bad anyway.

PS3 ASR Theme finally on PS Store for £1.59

ps3asrtheme.jpg

The theme comes in 4 flavours, Eggman(seen above), Sonic, Shadow and Billy. It defaults to Eggman, you have to re-apply to switch characters.

EDIT:

I take that back, those are the 4 shown in the Store's preview. If you keep re-applying you eventually find more randomly apply such as Knuckles and Zombio & Zobiko I've found so far. Will update with more soon.

EDIT 2: The theme randomly changes when you do anything to leave the XMB e.g. switch the console off and turn it back on, load a game and exit it etc...

EDIT 3:

Full 7 theme pics here -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/ps3-asr-theme-now-on-playstation-store

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's not a 'dynamic' theme? Only a slideshow of the vehicles? That's slightly disappointing, I thought it would be similar to the Motorstorm dynamic theme with a view of the track with cars racing around it. Thanks for the pictures Shadzter!

• Thumbs Up 2

So it's not a 'dynamic' theme? Only a slideshow of the vehicles? That's slightly disappointing, I thought it would be similar to the Motorstorm dynamic theme with a view of the track with cars racing around it. Thanks for the pictures Shadzter!

Exactly what I was thinking. I have a free Ratchet and Clank: QFB theme that does the same exact thing... (except there's only 2 pictures instead of 7)

Ah well, I wasn't really planning on buying this anyway (unless it was really awesome). I'm one of those people who generally doesn't like the idea of paying for themes, since they're just basically wallpapers for your system. I'm not calling anyone who buys themes stupid or anything; I just personally don't like paying for them.

That looks fun, sadly I lack a Dreamcast to USB adapter, but since I have the PS3 version it should be a bit less of a mess to set up. Although it doesn't look as though USB adapters are that common, which is a shame. The DC controller does seem to fit the game well with the triggers for acceleration and drifting and the face buttons for weapons.

I have tried my Saturn USB pad, but the triggers don't work as well as triggers for ASR.

Playing ASR with a Dreamcast controller

I was too busy looking at the Black Sega Sports Manta Ray pad to even notice what was going on. That thing is gorgeous....

*boots up DC to play Crazy Taxi*

I'm having trouble with the Hatcher Plan: Find The Gates mission on the DS version. I've completed it and got 9 stars out of 10 but I'm trying to 10/10 it but always run out of time before I can go through the last 2 green gates needed to achieve the 10 stars. You only get 70 seconds and you're in an arena where the map doesn't help since Billy's head doesn't rotate or have an arrow to tell you which direcion you're facing making it very difficult to know which way to go to get to the next green gate as fast as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)