Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Again, please take care to not spoil the ending of Lightning Returns without a spoiler tag, as me and KrazyBean still wanna see it for ourselves.

Yeah...I'm still surprised that it's that bad apparently. 13-2's ending couldn't have been that hard to top...then again it seems that this game suffered from Mass Effect 3 syndrome (old and annoying joke I know, but the ending could've been far better. Oh well, Mass Effect wipes its ass over this series anyway).

Lightning Returns is #1 on the Japan charts.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/27/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-super-mario-3d-world-debut-poorly-in-japan

IGN says it's not selling well, but over 250,000 copies in about a week isn't too bad.

It's abysmal for a Final Fantasy game. Good, this means the Lightning saga is dead now and resources can be better spent on getting the games people want out faster making more mobile phone shit.

Seems like Versus did the right thing pre-emptively getting away from the XIII moniker.

I'll probably get this at 10-15 bucks for the lols and the battle system tho. Oh, and used. I'm not funding Toriyama's stupid waifu obsession.

I'm not funding Toriyama's stupid waifu obsession.

Daughter, dude. Daughter. Didn't you read the recent news? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll probably get this at 10-15 bucks for the lols and the battle system tho. Oh, and used. I'm not funding Toriyama's stupid waifu obsession.

Yeah, same here. This will probably be my last 360 game BUT my PS4 will need some loving so this game isn't a priority to me. I'd rather get a new PS4 game.

Daughter, dude. Daughter. Didn't you read the recent news? tongue.png

I'm running low on braincells lately so forgive me if I pass

I don't know if after two controversial games the new game will sell well...

I know I for now don't plan on buying it and I think a lot of people think the same way, like we have been fooled twice being fooled three times would be pushing it.

Still the name Final Fantasy sells, so I really don't know.... 

I plan on buying it. Although admittedly I didn't buy the prior two, I still played them and I enjoyed them. Not as much as past FF's, but I found them to be decent. I own the first one, but my in-laws bought that. And my brother-in-law bought XIII-2 and I just played his copy. Based on what I'm seeing, I don't think XIII-2 interests me enough to buy my own copy. At least not until the special edition has come and gone with all the DLC packed in and its already dropped in price.

OK, so I've had enough time with the japanese PS3 demo. Impressions:

- Lightning moves way too slowly. Dodging attacks is basically impossible cause of that.

- Why can i only buy 6 items in total? basically the in battle items work like in Kingdom Hearts, you can only bring a certain number of items for each battle, use all 6 and that's it. Now people who played Kingdom Hearts know that besides the items your characters have, you can also stock up on a total of 99 items each so you can replace any items used by your characters between battles. This allows you to get ready for particularly tough parts of the games.  Well according to this demo, you can only buy 6 items for your character and then you can't buy anymore. So....what if i use all my items in a tough dungeon and can't get back to a shop cause the level design won't let me? (It happens in this demo)  That means i have to fight the boss without items. What bullshit is this? What if it's a particularly tough boss? What do i do if i don't have an outfit with a cure spell? (There's no such oufit in this demo)  Basically I'm screwed.

I really hope this is just cause it's a demo, so they don't let you stock up on items, cause if the final game is like this, this is some really shitty design.

- So yeah switching outfits(Oh sorry, Schemata) changes what spells and attacks you have, but honestly either the selection in this demo is shitty or maybe it's just lazy design, cause different outfits don't really shake things up like they did in X-2(oh god, i'm actually complementing X-2).  You need to constantly switch them though, cause every action uses ATB, and when you run out you either wait for it to refill, rendering yourself defenseless or switch to a different outfit, since each one has its own ATB gauge that refills over time.

It really is switching outfits the game.

- The stagger wave is easy to understand and less obnoxious than the gauge from the previous 2 games....But damn, it takes far too many hits to stagger bosses. Considering this with the fact that the bosses still have way too much hp and the fact that each outfit plays similarly and you get a very repetitive battle system. Just keep spamming attacks till you win, and block when you need to.

The best way i can describe this battle system is that it's Ni no Kuni without the brains. It's Ni no Kuni without the variety in familiars, the "reward players for using their heads" philosophy and the freedom to dodge attacks. My advice? If you're a PS3 user and haven't gotten Ni no Kuni yet, just get that game instead.

After playing this demo i really don't like the gameplay very much. Don't get me wrong, It's MILES better than the previous battle system, but honestly, it's still not very fun unsure.png

• 1 month later...

Ladies and gentlemen

I give you

DOEGH

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

Yes, that is an actual screenshot. Yes, that is from this game.

This franchise has become such a glorious source of comedy gold as of late.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ladies and gentlemen

I give you

DOEGH

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

wow

so low poly

much hair grapix

very ridicule

• Thumbs Up 2

Ladies and gentlemen

I give you

DOEGH

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

Oh man. That looks like it belongs in a PS1 game...LOL!

Ladies and gentlemen

I give you

DOEGH

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

Which Nintendogs game did they rip this model from?

• Thumbs Up 1

A gif so you all can see how beautifully and lovingly animated this doegh is:

uCTfew2.gif

the ear

actually clips through the body

are there even any words

• Thumbs Up 5

A gif so you all can see how beautifully and lovingly animated this doegh is:

uCTfew2.gif

the ear

actually clips through the body

are there even any words