Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Hey guys, wanna play dress-up?:

I'm surprised we don't have Chocolina selling the costumes as a stereotypical fashion obsessed woman.

Sorry for the double post, but guess what? More retconning :

Dengeki PlayStation reports that Cid Raines will be in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, but details on what his role is have not been revealed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/12/important-npc-final-fantasy-xiii-surprisingly-returns-lightning-returns/

For those that don't know or remember(I wouldn't blame you since FFXIII wasn't memorable in any way) Cid turned to crystal after being defeated by the main characters.

This is Retconning the game blink.png

For those that don't know or remember(I wouldn't blame you since FFXIII wasn't memorable in any way) Cid turned to crystal after being defeated by the main characters.

Not exactly: it was then revived by Dysley and then shooted in the head by Aragorn wannabe (sorry, i can't remeber the name) during the siege of Eden.

It's still retconning, but in a even worse way.

Isn't the whole plot of this game meant to be that it takes place in a Majora's Mask asset-recycling parallel world caused by time kompression or something? Nothin' wrong with taking issue with that premise, but if you're gonna worry about retcons every time a character comes back you'll be here all day.

...I was going to say that the only thing I remembered about Cid from XIII was that he had stupid hair, but I looked it up and I was actually thinking of that other PSICOM guy, Yaag Rosch. Oops.

Edited by Octarine

Isn't the whole plot of this game meant to be that it takes place in a Majora's Mask asset-recycling parallel world caused by time kompression or something?

Problem is, it's not: the only effects given by the overflow of the Chaos were the change to Pulse's shape and the stop to aging for the people who lived but in that precise moment (500 AF). Reviving the dead was never mentioned.

So Famitsu revealed some new details, turns out Cid and Serah are returning as spirits, Cid apparently being "the representative of the dead":

10862107604_d55f218ff8_b.jpg

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/cid-raines-and-serah-returning-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii--10123.html

Points for doing something competently i guess...Oh also, pick your favorite costume to watch it in action, YAY:

This game has more dress-up than FFX-2. Never thought I'd say that.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

I still wonder why with all those costumes they didn't give the materials for making the Guardian Corps uniform (the second alternate costume of Light in Dissidia 012).

Screenshots:

litr07.jpg

Am i the only one that thinks he looks like a pedophile looking at his next victim?

litr09.jpg

Hm....Unless there's a lesbian scene I'm not interested.

OMG, Again, sorry for the double post but this needs to be posted:

Director, Toriyama Motomu: The story of Lightning, which began with “FFXIII”, is finally coming to a close. With this being the first trilogy in the Final Fantasy Series, we have indeed walked a long road with her. Personally, I kind of feel like a father walking his beloved daughter down the flowery aisle – it’s both happy but also lonely to see her go. In this final game, players will have the opportunity to create their very own Lightning. Outfits have a wide variety of options, ranging from a beautiful wedding-like dress to a sharp suit. We hope you will enjoy the many different sides of Lightning. Let us celebrate the grand finale of Lightning and the “FFXIII” trilogy together.

Allow me to point it out for you:

Personally, I kind of feel like a father walking his beloved daughter down the flowery aisle

So yeah i guess we were all wrong, Light isn't Toriyama's waifu, she's his daughter.......

FinalFantasyXIVLightningCrossover-2.jpg

Allow me to remind you that we have word from the developers themselves that Toriyama specifically ordered them to make her boobs bigger.

So yeah, can this guy get anymore creepy? Not only does he talk about Lightning as if she's real and a goddess(Start at the 2:38 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj66f6Pvyuk

"She's there, watching over me"

I have to say dude, you are a terrible parent. Being obsessed with her boobs and all.

Here's the source, but WARNING, there's spoilers for the game, so avoid the part where they talk plot, you have been warned:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/11/famitsus-20-page-lightning-returns-report-contains-heavy-spoilers/

Edited by Noctis Caelum
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, atleast we now know why we got 3 games. Seriously though I think we're taking this a bit too seriously, sides lightning is probably what mario is to Miyamoto for this guy so lets cut him some slack.

sides lightning is probably what mario is to Miyamoto for this guy

FinalFantasyXIVLightningCrossover-2.jpg

...Mama mia.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, atleast we now know why we got 3 games. Seriously though I think we're taking this a bit too seriously, sides lightning is probably what mario is to Miyamoto for this guy so lets cut him some slack.

At least Miyamoto respects his creation by not playing dress up with him; Lightning is more or less a Barbie doll in this game dry.png.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/lightning-returns-ffxiii-out-now-japan

If you don't like the English voices, then there's good news! The Japanese voices are available!

Bad news, it's DLC.

Good news, for the first two weeks, it's free!

Bad news again, after those two weeks, it'll cost.

...Why? Just put it in the damn game!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Irony, because some weeks ago they said that they couldn't implement them in FFX/FFX-2 HD despite the fan request because of "technical problems". That's inconsistency at its fines; but at least on the bright side, at least this game will have VA selection.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/lightning-returns-ffxiii-out-now-japan

If you don't like the English voices, then there's good news! The Japanese voices are available!

Bad news, it's DLC.

Good news, for the first two weeks, it's free!

Bad news again, after those two weeks, it'll cost.

This is just like the Soul Sacrifice bullshit. I fear this will be the standard for these types of games.

Me personally (if I ever get the game anyway), I don't really care too much for Japanese VA'ing.

It does seem weird though.

I'll assume those who do want the JP voices will probably download it during those two free weeks anyway.

...Why? Just put it in the damn game!

My guess as to why it's DLC is cause of the 360 version. They're already compressing the game's movie files and graphics to reduce its size to fit on a dual layer DVD(The PS3 version is 10 GB) like they did for the previous 2 games, so in order to not have more compression problems cause of Dual Audio, they made it DLC, it's one less thing to compress and a good excuse to charge extra. Less work and more money.

"We all win!....except for the consumer" - Square's slogan

Also new trailer:

That moment starting at 1:17.....You know Toriyama, you keep creating these situations in this trilogy where we can have a lesbian scene to drive off the boredom, why don't you just take advantage of them? dry.png

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Read up on the ending after reading PSI Wind's status.

No proper spoilers in this box, but it does sound like such an awful and mocking ending.

Yeah, I read up on the ending, as well.

Apparently, Lightning could actually be the goddess of the real world. Yes, you read that right --

our world.

Squenix, what were you guys smoking, mangs?!

Edited by Komodin

Yeah, I read up on the ending, as well.

Apparently, Lightning could actually be the goddess of the real world. Yes, you read that right --

our world.

Squenix, what were you guys smoking, mangs?!

appaerently the same stuff Ubisoft has, didnt they pull off a similar stunt in the recent Assassains creed game?

appaerently the same stuff Ubisoft has, didnt they pull off a similar stunt in the recent Assassains creed game?

No. Far from it.

This is just like the Soul Sacrifice bullshit. I fear this will be the standard for these types of games.

I hope namco doesn't do this when Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is localized.