Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

I hope namco doesn't do this when Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is localized.

It's Bamco. I wouldn't be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I've seen some laughably bad endings before, but this?! This makes that Ubisoft plug in that was in Black Flag look like creative writing.

I mean yeah Lightning being the god of our world means we have even more of a reason to hate her, but it nonetheless is just stupid. Why square...just...why?

Okay, got on my computer so now i can really get my thoughts out.

This is one of the, if not the most, retarded things I've seen Square do in quite some time. Lightning KILLS God and takes his place basically? Why? WHY does she need to be a God? Why can't she just return with her friends back home and live a regular life? Oh and speaking of her friends, this had to be the most predictable moment in the entire series. We all knew that everyone would come together one more time. Yes even Serah. Still wondering why Caius is here but eh.

But back to the main facepalm. Earth. Not, some fantasy Earth. OUR Earth. Yes, our home. Lightning, by some random chance, is teleported not to her home, but to Planet Earth for some random reason. Why? Well it's implied that she is to be the new goddess of us...Again. Why? Why us? Why do they have to drag real life into this mess of a plot. That is always the cop out when writing a plot. Why not, you know, keep it Fantasy as the name freaking implies. Final FANTASY. The only reason I can come up with is it's for Toriyama's weird pleasure.(I wish that was a joke) There just was no real reason for that to happen. It just happened...randomly. It's sad. Laughably sad how far Square have gone.

Well, at least we never have to see her again...unless she appears in KH3.(Oh god please no.)

Edited by Master Eraqus

Really thought this ending was a joke upon first hearing it. I don't even know what I was expecting with 13-3's ending I mean I knew would be lousy because it's ff13, but wow.

Also way to dick over the one minority character Square.

Apparently, Lightning could actually be the goddess of the real world. Yes, you read that right --

our world.

Squenix, what were you guys smoking, mangs?!

Oh. My. GOSH.

This... this is the greatest game ever.

It's all clear to me now.

The constant praising, the dedication to task in face of everyone turning against him, the reverence Lightning's ridiculous "sexy" costumes are treated with, the mumbled prayers for "Thunderaga" in the middle of interviews...

Toriyama didn't just set out to make a bad game.

He set out to make the most otaku cult in the history of mankind.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Spacetime
  • Thumbs Up 2

I... What. Seriously, what.

I thought Toriyama seemed obsessed with Lightning before to disturbing levels, BUT THIS IS MORE THAN A BIT MUCH KTHANKS.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh my gosh guys. It hit me.

Before FF13 was even a thing, Lightning cane to Toriyama in a dream with one wish: "record my history in a video game so all may know what I went through for all you people."

She sent us this gift because she loves us. Don't you get it? Toriyama was her vessel! She really is real!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my gosh guys. It hit me.

Before FF13 was even a thing, Lightning cane to Toriyama in a dream with one wish: "record my history in a video game so all may know what I went through for all you people."

She sent us this gift because she loves us. Don't you get it? Toriyama was her vessel! She really is real!

I'm so sorry I ran out of Phoniex Downs so often, righteous one. Cleanse me of my sin with thy Curaga.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, a couple of people over at the TvTropes pointed out that this ending is basically almost exactly the same as

Asura's Wrath's ending

except with different characters. Good grief.

So, I read around, and... I'm not seeing it.

I haven't found anything that seems to indicate Lightning becomes a goddess in the ending. The closest I can come up with is that her actions make people seem like she's a goddess or something...? All I've read is that Lightning saves human life from Bhunivelze (whom was all too obviously the final boss) and settles down with her companions in the newly created world.

I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly on this. If it turns out to be true I'd be rather annoyed, I just don't see it at this point.

So I got told in the status updates to come here.

I decided to read up on the ending... and even watch the videos... I have many thoughts and reactions... and like with the entire FF13 saga, they are split over multiple endings.

Power Rangers responce

84SQd2iqTn685kfdtbvug5h6o1_4006.jpg

AH! After 3 terrible games I'm finally free! It's time to bring fashion to earth!

Inception responce

So Lightning comes to our world... what does she do for fun? Maybe she buys a PS3.... maybe she buys a terrible game series about her... what happens then? Do we have to live through this whole series again? Or does the Lightning from the game Lightning plays become real and invade another earth and then the whole cycle starts all over.

Futilitly

If Lightning has come to our world and is technically a god... does this not mean now that EVERYTHING in all previous games was abolustely pointless since we don't resolve anything on Lightnings planet?

It's all gods fault.

If the plot of Lightning Returns is to save as many souls as possible on Pulse and bring them to earth, then that means Lightning also brought bad people such as Hitler, Saddam and various other evil men.

Basically, Lightning is responsible for saving evil people who would cause untold suffering to millions.

Lightning is responsible for everything wrong in our world. We have a legitimate reason to hate her.

Jesus Hope Christ

Jesus is the son of God.

Lightning is God.

Hope is therefore Jesus

Wait... havn't we don't this before?

So they all go to a new world.

Theres no Gods.

Theres no magic.

They all have to start again from scratch.

Basically... it's the ending to Final Fantasy 13?

I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly on this. If it turns out to be true I'd be rather annoyed, I just don't see it at this point.

The whole point of the game is Lightning is going around saving as many souls as she can in 13 days.

These Souls end up becoming humans on our earth. Lightning created the human race/Lightning is god according to this game.

Conclusion.

This series has been a tragic mess.

• Thumbs Up 9

The whole point of the game is Lightning is going around saving as many souls as she can in 13 days.

These Souls end up becoming humans on our earth. Lightning created the human race/Lightning is god according to this game.

Conclusion.

This series has been a tragic mess.

Except it wasn't Lightning who created the human race, she was working for another God who did that. Granted, she killed said God, but as far as I can tell from what I've read she didn't gain any power from that or anything. She just became an ordinary person. So Lightning didn't create the human race, Bhunivelze did (and that goes back even further to Mwynn who first created the world and Bhunivelze). Although Lightning did help, she didn't become a Goddess as far as I'm reading.

On another note...

As far as the world that was created after the fact, it seemed pretty obvious to me that it was going to be a world we already knew. At first I thought it might be the world of XV, but that wouldn't work very well because XV isn't out yet. So the next logical choice is an Alternate Earth. Granted, XV is one of the most realistic games in the series, so its highly possible that XV could be based on it, too.

Either way, I think this is being blown out of proportion. But whatever. I'll keep an eye out and see if I hear anything else.

OK, without spoilers, is the ending worse than the previous 2 games?

If you want a spoiler. Just go read Genesis from the Bible. It's more or less the same thing.

Much, much, MUCH worse. 

Wow...um. Well done Square, well done. Just give me FF XV already now.

I still want to play the game though. I need closure. The gameplay looks like the only decent thing about this game to be honest.

Wow......I haven't read spoilers yet, but judging from you guys comments i can tell I'm gonna laugh like mad. Can't wait till a translated playthrough appears.

Am I the only one who still likes this game

It's probably because I like Lighting ;w;

I'm willing to still give this game a chance. I did find some enjoyment from the first two games and I didn't think that they were the "devils advocate" like some, although they weren't amazing by any means.

I do like the gameplay of this game. The whole open world aspect and the battle system looks enjoyable, but I did expect the story to suck to be honest. Plus what's the point of playing the first two games without finishing the franchise off by playing the third? There is always FF XV for the people who want to skin this game alive.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plus what's the point of playing the first two games without finishing the franchise off by playing the third?

But like we both said the other day: There is no point in playing the first 2 games cause they make themselves pointless tongue.png

But like we both said the other day: There is no point in playing the first 2 games cause they make themselves pointless tongue.png

We still haven't seen the whole game. There must be SOMETHING which warrants this game as a sequel instead of a reboot pretty much.

We still haven't seen the whole game. There must be SOMETHING which warrants this game as a sequel instead of a reboot pretty much.

We'll just have to wait til February, I guess.

OK So I'm curious, is the ending worse than the "Beyond" ending of Beyond Two Souls?

If you haven't watched it by all means these 2 videos show it off(Don't worry you don't need context, this game's plot is so disjointed that there's no build up to any of this).

There's no one single video showing everything but in total it's an 11 minute ending:

Long-Winded, pretensious and hackneyed.

So, how do both endings compare?tongue.png

Again, please take care to not spoil the ending of Lightning Returns without a spoiler tag, as me and KrazyBean still wanna see it for ourselves.