Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)

It's this section:

Nothing we haven't seen before unfortunately, but I was still happy to get a chance to play the game for myself.

Eh. Looks boring. =-/

IMO, most games look boring. The difference is that you have to play it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Soo, today I was browsing SSMB and found a topic where I had to use my 3DS camera and found something in it.

Well, while I was on vacations I played Ratchet & Clank 2 for some days and I found this glitch:

elQCz.jpg6WjzI.jpg

While I was in Grelbin getting some Moon Stones this happen, not only 1 time but 4 or 5 in the same day, I think it was the effect of being hit by one of the Leviathans or something and then pressing triangle.

Ratchet gets invisible and you can only see is armor and clank. The camera also fucks up and focus on Ratchet's head from an upper point of view unless you hold the camera direction in some way, but as soon as you let it go the camera fucks up again.

Well, this never happen in the original PS2 version.

This game in general has a lot of issues like that not present in the PlayStation 2 version. While wearing the Sonic Summoner in the first Ratchet game it has a terrible habit of clipping through the Ratchet's normal hat. Sometimes his eyelids clip through his eyeballs in a super creepy fashion too.

Not to mention the music does not loop properly in the first game or Going Commando. I'm left to assume it's the case in Up Your Arsenal too.

Edited by Chooch

I'm liking this collection so far, even if I'm only just finishing up the first game. I really dislike the first R&C game compared to the others. Controlling Ratchet can be a bitch sometimes, and bolt collecting can be much more tedious than it needs to be. It isn't a bad game, but I prefer Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal much more versus the first game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking this collection so far, even if I'm only just finishing up the first game. I really dislike the first R&C game compared to the others. Controlling Ratchet can be a bitch sometimes, and bolt collecting can be much more tedious than it needs to be. It isn't a bad game, but I prefer Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal much more versus the first game.

Finally someone understands me!

The first R&C is actually a favorite of mine, and my favorite out of the trilogy to be honest. But I will agree with you on one thing, bolt grinding is really tedious compared to other games, and it's especially hell when you wanted to buy Gold Weapons, the R.Y.N.O, or that cursed one million bolt trophy. (But though, there's a glitch in Blackwater City that allows you to get infinite bolts.)

The first R&C is actually a favorite of mine, and my favorite out of the trilogy to be honest. But I will agree with you on one thing, bolt grinding is really tedious compared to other games, and it's especially hell when you wanted to buy Gold Weapons, the R.Y.N.O, or that cursed one million bolt trophy. (But though, there's a glitch in Blackwater City that allows you to get infinite bolts.)

That works in the PS2 version too, it was the only way I was able to get all the Gold weapon upgrades, and the RYNO.

So far, I'm enjoying the collection; the first game is still as fun as I remember and I hope Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal up the ante.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

That works in the PS2 version too, it was the only way I was able to get all the Gold weapon upgrades, and the RYNO.

So far, I'm enjoying the collection; the first game is still as fun as I remember and I hope Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal up the ante.

It worked in the PS2 version in the Hologuise, the only way to do it in this version is with the Decoy Glove :U But yeah, I'm highly enjoying the collection, especially UYA's online, it's super addictive.

My process so far:

I'm loving the first game, and it's like a cartoon, and a damn good one at that. The weapon system is fantastic, the music is funkalicous, the design of the series is awesome, and I love the planets, even if some annoy me to my boiling point.

The first game is good, but it's still the first game. That's all there really is to say about it. The other games are better.

I took a break from the first one after beating it and entering Challenge Mode. I'm playing through Going Commando now.

Edited by Chooch

I'm trying to get Platinum in the first one now.

I have almost all Gold Bolts, skill points and enough bolts for the Ryno.

Holy shit, getting bolts in this game is freaking hard and I don't feel like trying to do the Blackwater City glitch, but oh well I guess it will have to do for now.

Edited by Tmsp

I'm trying to get Platinum in the first one now.

I have almost all Gold Bolts, skill points and enough bolts for the Ryno.

Holy shit, getting bolts in this game is freaking hard and I don't feel like trying to do the Blackwater City glitch, but oh well I guess it will have to do for now.

Pfft, real men beat the game without the RYNO.

Isn't Deadlocked like the black sheep of the series?

I still like it more than Tools of Destruction and All 4 One.

I still like it more than Tools of Destruction and All 4 One.

I like Deadlocked myself, but I agree with you about taking it over All 4 One. If I had to play one of the three, I'd choose ToD anyday.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got this on the 31st of last month. I'm currently going through the games in order. This is my progress so far:

R&C 1: Completed 100% with my first ever Platinum Trophy on Sep 4th (Or it could be the 5th. I don't know.) with a playtime of 40:00 (Most of which is doing the bolt glitch, trying to get the more tricky Skill Points and accidentally leaving the game on).

I went into the game expecting to not have as much fun as I remember having due to recently going through ACiT, but I ended up having a blast. The game definitely is outdated but it has this charm about it the others don't, and I found that the more stiff controls actually work well for the game most of the time. I really hated the lack of proper strafing, though. It made the fight with the Blargian Snagglebeast way more awkward than it should have been. Orxon was complete and utter garbage and that one lava planet has one of the dumbest Gold Bolts in history. Oh, and Drek was a complete pushover, even without the RYNO.

As for the story, I could never pass Umbris as a kid, so I never knew how much of an asshole Ratchet became. I mean, seriously, he tried to get a dig in on Clank in almost every cutscene after that. I like Ratchet as a character, but I felt a strong urge to slap his face off sometimes. That said, playing through this again made me really miss Mikey Kelley. James Arnold Taylor is good and all, but Mikey just had something going for him as Ratchet.

Moving on...

R&C:GC: Currently playing...

Can't say much about this because I'm not even halfway finished yet, but it's about as fun as I remember. It's never felt so good to be able to strafe, but I hate that they hadn't put in firing with R1 in yet. Jumping around while shooting is real dumb and with how much damage enemies deal and how many they throw at you later on in the game, it's a necessity if you don't want needless deaths. Idol Minds really should have changed that.

And I know they wanted to create a more mature Ratchet but I think he's almost too serious in this game. He barely even feels like Ratchet to me, what with all the military speak and crap.

I forgot how ratchet was an overall unlikeable character for most of the first game, not mention his mediocre voice actor, So glad they gave him a new VA and personality change in the sequels. Also, I'm playing through UYA for the first time and I have to say it's one of the best games in the series. It has a great storyline, awesome weapons, fun mini-games like the Qwark Vid Comics, and an addictive online mulitplayer mode. I just wish it had some more platforming.

Edited by sjmaster92
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ratchet is a weird anamoly as a character; In the first game....well he's very much a "Mascot with Attitude" with all the lingo, interest in "Extreme" sports and whatnot, but he did become kind of a colossal dick after Qwark's betrayal, and I'm glad he eased up in the sequels......but now it seems like he doesn't have much of a personality, I mean it's still there, just not as pronounced as in the first game. I mean the Future series is ok, but this is mainly in the PS2 sequels.

In any case, playing through the first game still, and it's just as timeless as I remember. Just finished the Blarg Space Station.

After the first game and his voice change over to James Arnold Taylor I think he became super endearing, actually. If you really pay attention to his reactions to various things and his actions he's actually an incredibly empathetic and compassionate guy. Even in the first game he has his moments. I'm not sure where you get that he doesn't have personality.

Even tho' initially they were on opposing sides, soon after being kidnapped by Thugs-4-Less Ratchet becomes desperate to save Angela Cross from them. He even has a bit of a wild outburst in Clank's direction when he notices that Clank's primary concern is actually getting information from Angela to destroy the Protopet rather than save her.

Although he was born in the Polaris galaxy on planet Fastoon initially (like all Lombaxes), Ratchet still considers his homeworld to be none other than the Kyzil Plateau on planet Veldin. It was the catalyst that brought about his major personality change close to the end of the first game and he didn't hesitate even one second to blast off back to the Solana galaxy while in Bogon once he watched the news report detailing the attack on Veldin at the beginning of Up Your Arsenal.

From there, he immediately hops into the role of the "new sergeant" upon landing. Serving as the leader to the galactic defense troops and fighting alongside them on the front lines. In All 4 One, he befriends a young Tharpod girl named Susie. Up until that point, his primary concern is to get off of planet Magnus and return home, but hearing that Susie was an orphan just like himself, he once again made a complete 180 and made his primary goal to save the Magnus.

There's also the fact that he kind of.. aimlessly traveled the entire Polaris galaxy after Clank was abducted by the Zoni in Tools of Destruction in an effort to find him. These are all just examples from the games. I don't even really wanna get into the six issue mini-series that bridged the end of A Crack in Time with All 4 One.

He's still got his dry wit and sarcasm that he falls back to from time to time. Mainly when he's involved with helping Captain Qwark, but yeah, his snark isn't really to the level of the first game. I don't really mind it tho'. I.. honestly hate Ratchet in the first game. Even more after recently replaying it. He's almost to the point of being unlikeable. I still think he has some great lines in the PS2 and PS3 games. The best thing about All 4 One was probably it's writing both in cinematics and in-game banter.

I like the writer's focus on him being a compassionate hero than anything else. Leave the humor primarily to Qwark and Nefarious. They're more than enough.

tl;dr Ratchet is my hasubando, I love him, I know he is real, and we are going to get married

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2