Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)

I'm actually interested in getting this collection. Although, is it worth getting this over say the Sly or Jak & Daxter HD collections?

I have the game for myself, and I highly recommend it. The game visually excels, and it plays much more smoother then the original games. It's a great opportunity to help you get into the series.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I never beat the original because the final boss was such a tough donkey doodle. It was nigh impossible for my young mind to beat at the time.

You are not alone. Final boss is a pain to beat. ..Unless you have the RYNO, or Gold Weapons.

You guys are serious? Final boss was piece of cake! Sure I didn't beat him in my first try but it wasn't something unbeatable or super hard.

I wouldn't personally recommend the Jak series, but then I didn't get on with it - I got most of the way through the first game but it just became tedious. The first Sly game is brilliant, but I wasn't a fan of the second or third when they changed the formula, although I did actually have the tolerance to play them through. I still need to get back to Ratchet so I can't be the one to recommend either way!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cleared entire trilogy yesterday and I must say. I enjoyed these games a lot (especially 2 and 3) but I still like Future trilogy better. Nothing can beat aCiT.

I'm actually interested in getting this collection. Although, is it worth getting this over say the Sly or Jak & Daxter HD collections?

As far as Sony's "holy trinity of platformers" goes, I'd say Ratchet's the best one. But it kinda depends on what you're after. Ratchet is about using balls out crazy weapons, Sly's a stealth platformer hybrid with a lot of mini game type challenges thrown in (most of which are pretty fun), and Jak's an open world type game, with some shooting, some platforming, some driving. Except the first game, which is a straight up platformer in the vain of Banjo-Kazooie, but in a seamless open world.

I'd recommend you get to all three of these series at some point, but if you're looking into just one for the moment, I'd recommend Ratchet.

Edited by chili duck
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cleared entire trilogy yesterday and I must say. I enjoyed these games a lot (especially 2 and 3) but I still like Future trilogy better. Nothing can beat aCiT.

I'm halfway through Going Commando, right now. I'm really enjoying it, though I prefer the first.

I like all three series', but I would choose Ratchet, easily. I had a whale of a time with the Jak games but they're much more divisive, I think they're wonderful but I think that despite their obvious problems. I tolerated elements of those games in order to love what they did well.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is the US boxart. It looks so much better than the EU boxart too.

I will agree with that. Though, the Japanese boxart looks better than both.

c8a89f9550f84e242160da05ef3b3245.png

Both EU and US covers are incredibly generic.

I prefer the EU one though since it has some more color to it and it's more in line with the European Classics HD covers that always look slick where-as this new one that US has going for it looks gray and dull.

Isn't that just the Up Your Arsenal cover transposed onto a grey background?

Ratchetandclank3box.jpg7707117242_15c4829a13.jpg

Yup, same background, but just gray in the PS3 cover.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like it if each collection had a more unique look, but the US Collections are very uniform.

God Of War Saga

7707117356_62b8de04da.jpg

inFAMOUS

7707118572_65eb49fd4e.jpg

Ratchet & Clank

7707117242_15c4829a13.jpg

They all look the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

The EU boxart uses the really goofy looking Tools of Destruction artwork that I always hated and yeah the US boxart is the Up Your Arsenal cover with a desaturated background.

Edited by Chooch

Man, Japan always gets the coolest box arts.

I kinda like what Sony's going for giving the US collections a very uniform look. Too bad they're uniformly boring looking as shit.

Edited by Chili Dawg

I like the European more the US one, but I wish the giant silver banner didn't have to be there.

I'd like the Japanese more if the artwork wasn't so wonky. Ratchet looks funny. Look at those eyebrows. Colors could be a bit less poppy, too.

Edited by MarcelloF

Why does Ratchet have caterpillars on his eyes in the Japanese box art?

10rodts.jpg

To match his ingame model, duh.

I would like it if each collection had a more unique look, but the US Collections are very uniform.

God Of War Saga

7707117356_62b8de04da.jpg

inFAMOUS

7707118572_65eb49fd4e.jpg

Ratchet & Clank

7707117242_15c4829a13.jpg

They all look the same.

Call me crazy, but I actually quite like the consistency. It's pretty bland on its own, sure, but taking into account that it needs to fit a uniform style, I think it works.

It's going to be the default for future collections going forward. Much better than the horrible Classics HD branding, tho I could do without the circles on the side.

The god-awful tacked on gold banner with the shitty font ruins it for me.

Looks like it was done on a five minute cafeteria break. Cheap and lazy.

• Thumbs Up 1