Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

Just checked the Pastebins and I don't think it's working.... :|

How odd. It checked and it isn't working for me either though it was earlier. Don't know what to tell ya other than youtube. D:

I tried downloading Ep 5 and there were a few problems. When I finally got a player to work with it (doesn't play on a player that supports .mp4's despite being an .mp4) there was no sound and it was all glitchy on screen.

Unfortunately some dumbasses were posting the links everywhere, including on some disney sites, so Disney caught hold on it and had it deleted.

So sorry guys, you're just gonna have to wait till Friday. For people out the U.S., the series airs in September in Europe, sorry.

Aaaw, that sucks, I really wanted to keep watching it in English, since some of the jokes aren't translatable in german. ):

If you're not getting sound from a video it's most likely a codec problem. You can try to search the web for a codec pack, but the easiest solution is usually to download VLC player. It's known for being able to play most videos with limited problems, and it worked for me playing all the GF downloads.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately some dumbasses were posting the links everywhere, including on some disney sites, so Disney caught hold on it and had it deleted.

So sorry guys, you're just gonna have to wait till Friday. For people out the U.S., the series airs in September in Europe, sorry.

Or you could just watch them from here: http://www.animeflavor.com/index.php?q=node/39282

• Thumbs Up 4

Just finished watching Dipper vs. Manliness.

This episode was amazingly greatly glorious.

The manotaurs were really fun, Mabel dealing with Grunkle Stan's love issues were great too. The scene with the Multibear was good but WHY THE HELL DOES HE HAVE TWO HEADS IN HIS CROTCH.

One of my favourite scenes were the "I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE" or the "DENIEEEEEEEEEED *self punch*"

This episode was really funny.

• Thumbs Up 7

So much for Dipper's first chesthair. LOL

This series is awesome, I hope DC doesn't do something stupid and try to screw it over via Executive Meddling (for negative results) or cancellation.

There's a three week gap between Episode 6 and 7.

I can't take this.

Wow, my avatar and member title match my thoughts about this perfectly.

Edited by Zinos

CLEAR!

BZZZZT!

Well this topic sort of died for a while so I'm bringing it back now especially since there's some gap between episodes 6-7.

Episode 5 was...holy shit Mabel, and at her Mabeliest too so fucking funny. Not as funny as Dipper's mortifying dance though, he's lucky Wendy was so cool about it all. Only thing is that the episode in some parts felt really off-puttingly creepy, like the part with Dipper seeing them all dead in the reflection got a jump out of me. But still, can't get over the part with the rap music xD

Episode 6 was personally the weakest one yet. I can't pinpoint it but it didn't entertain as much as the other ones. Guess the whole public humiliation for not being good/manly enough is sort of a personal topic...

In general 6 felt weaker to me too, especially with the whole A plot B plot seeming about equal....which in most cases any separate plot thread was fairly minor and kind of intertwined anyways.

I did however enjoy the credit scene, crazy cat lady Pelly style.

Hopefully this isn't legit, but....

391.jpeg

Edited by Miku Hatsune
  • Thumbs Up 1

391.jpeg

Is... IS THAT SLENDERMAN?!

HOLY CRAP, EVEN IF THAT'S A DERPY HOOVES/WAVING SNAIL STYLE CAMEO, THAT'S STILL AWESOME! XD

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

391.jpeg

I just rechecked the episode.

No Slenderman. Move on people. :P

I just rechecked the episode.

No Slenderman. Move on people. tongue.png

Crap, got my hopes up and everything. Damn that whoever who shopped Slendy in, that'd be awesome if it were true. =(

>Huge Slenderman nerd, despite cowardance.

• Thumbs Up 1

So after watching six episodes of this show I can safely conclude that it is fucking awesome. This is probably the best cartoon I've watched since FiM. It gives me a lot of Mysery incorporated vibes with the whole humor mixed with darkness kind of thing. Except the monsters in this are real(Most of the time) and a lot more creepy.

The humor is great and makes me laugh so much. I love that it's not mean spirited and that the characters personalitys are changed or exaggerated for the sake of a joke. It's so well timed. It's quick and snappy when it needs to be. The end of the Comic Con trailer displays it perfectly.

The animation is beautiful. It's fluid and very expressive which allows for a lot of funny faces especially when it comes to Mabel.

The art style is charming and can pull off a variety of moods and the scenery is gorgeous.

The music is memorable especially the them which won't get out of my head.I don't want it to.

The show is pretty creepy and I might even say scary. It's made me jump quite a few times. Especially the cooler monster and the skeletal reflections. Just damn, it's unnerving.

The story is really grabbing me. I am really excited to see how the story unfolds and what mysteries and dark secrets are going to be discovered.

The characters are so great. They make this show. Everything about this show could stay the same but if the characters weren't this good it would all crumble. They're all very likable and it's always nice to see them. There's a certain comfort to them. Dipper is very clever, curious and ambitious and you can't help but just like the guy. Grunkle Stan is very reminiscent of Mr. Krabs from the first three Spongebob seasons. Flawed a lot but with a lot of good moments as well that keep him from being unlikable. Mabel is fucking insane and in the best way possible. She's wacky and crazy yet clever in or own right and she never comes off as annoying or mean spirited. The animation also really works well in making her expression absolutely hilarious. She's just so joyful! XD I also love the side characters. Wendy's really likable and although I usually hate useless police, Blubbs and Derland make me laugh way to much to not like them. Also I like that Soos is a man child who's actually smart and competent. It's a nice change of pace.

One thing that i absolutely adore about this series is the relationship between Mabel and Dipper. It's nice to see a young brother ans sister team who aren't constantly at eachother's throats. Even though they get on eachother's nerves at point it never feels mean spirited or much different in the way too close friends would get on eachother's nerves. That and the fact that the show constantly emphasizes that they;re close and trust eachother. It's a nice change of pace from the usual TV sibling dynamics and I really think it's part of what makes the show so good and the character of Mabel and Dipper so lovable. I hope focus stays on it and that none of the characters go through flanderization and hopefully this show doesn't end up being victim of "Too Good to Last".

So, yeah, this show kicks ass and I am totally a Faller.

Edit: Oh and the Comic Con footage is hilarious. It looks great!

Edit 2: So has anyone played the Gravity Falls games on the Disney website? One includes a three letters back code.

HYHU QRWLFHG VWDQV WDWWRR -> EVER NOTICE STANS TATTOO

It seems to refer to the tattoo on Stan's back.

ihBjn.jpg

It seems to be a rose compass however West is pointing right instead of left like it does on a rose compass. There seems to be a circle or maybe even the curve of a question mark.

S1e2_mystery_shack_opening.png

I wonder if it has anything to do with the weathervane on the Mystery Shack. There seems to be a curve of a question mark on Stan's tattoo.

On another note, has anyone seen the goggles man in the latest three episodes? He seems to be important. There is even a photo of him in the intro and what appears to be his sillohuette at 0:33.

disney-gravity-falls-01.jpg

Oh and have some Gravity Falls/Slenderman fanart because I feel like it.

tumblr_m7jx9rGInJ1qmi3ffo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7qfu7iM7v1rvvy0jo1_1280.png

tumblr_m7bqqaHu091rzeztbo1_500.pngtumblr_m7bqqaHu091rzeztbo2_250.pngtumblr_m7bqqaHu091rzeztbo3_250.png

Why do they mesh so well to me? The vague codes, creepy messages, people hiding secrets and things that seem natural at first glance being completely unnatural(Like the tree being a foot in the picture on the first post). I wonder how many fanfics will spawn from this and how many of them will be worth reading,

Also there are some people updating about clues and such which can be found here:

http://gravityfallsd...blr.com/page/11

and

Edit 3: As for the 618 reoccurrence pointed out earlier in the thread, it turns out that Alex Hirsch's birthday is June 18th. However this doesn't entirely mean that it's a gag but it makes it the more likely possibility.

Another thing of note that has not been mentioned here, to my knowledge, is the few decor items bearing the letter "H".

tumblr_m6pqvhgPpe1r22j87o1_250.png

tumblr_m6pqvhgPpe1r22j87o2_1280.png

Not entirely sure if it means anything or if it's just a gag but I decided to post it here.

Oh and this is now my favourite theory.

From the Gravity Falls Decoded tumblr.

Question:I'm surprised no one's mentioned it (maybe they have?) But what about the goat? It seems to always be around during significant moments. I wonder if it's more than what it seems? - ihavelotsofdogs

Answer:

Perhaps THE GOAT IS A ROBOT AND THE GOGGLED MAN IS REMOTE CONTROLLING IT TO CAPTURE EVIDENCE!

tumblr_m5omi8p0vd1r00g3do1_500.gif

Something pretty important from the Gravity Falls Decoded Tumblr.

• Question:
    I think there are only 3 journals. In the Mystery Shack Mystery game, you can find the Fortune Key to play the Fortune Machine. I clicked it a bunch of times and got a fortune that said, "Journals come in threes." ohmy.png Dunno if this is really important, just thought it'd be interesting to share. - haley-the-not-so-cowardly-lion
  • Answer:
    We already got “EVER NOTICED STANS TATTOO.” Why disregard this?

So three journals, six fingers(isn't is said that witches have six fingers on one hand?) and six years the person has been uncovering the secrets of gravity Falls by the time he started writing book three.

And another important thing!

Question:The code at the end of episode 6 refers to the type of code that is used. The "three letters back" code is a version of the Caeser cipher (look it up on Wikipedia), and the Atbash code is where the alphabet is reversed (also on Wikipedia). The code next week will probably be Atbash instead of Caeser. - choclatier07

Answer:

I don’t know if they’ll keep on switching codes. However, the future’s got the answer.

Edit 4: Closer look at the tattoo

tumblr_m79e6gBdvN1ra7zx1o1_500.png

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 6

I really don't want a Slenderman episode....Slenderman creeps me the fuck out.

• Thumbs Up 1

that's why I said the "H" thing was probably a gag. It's neat though.

I really don't want a Slenderman episode....Slenderman creeps me the fuck out.

It creeps me out too. Yet i am so fascinated by it. And it'snot like the other villains haven't been creepy. That brain monster and skeleton scene scared the crap out of me. I don't know, the two series just have a lot of similarities to me. They mesh pretty welll in a sense. I'd totally love to at least see a reference at some point, no matter how subtle.

I just saw the video camera promo for Gravity falls for the first time just now and it reminded me a bit of Slenderman. The creature hiding in the closet actually reminds me a bit of the rake from EMH especially when it was said he could climb up walls and the Rake is a very feral creature.

EDIT: That song is awesome! I'd love for this show to get as much quality fan work as FiM. it deserves it!

EDIT 2: Huh, anyone notice the hats of the Dipper clones?

830px-S1e7_dipper_clones.png

Is it just the number of how they came in to exsistance, have something to do with the journals or something else entirely?

Also does anyone think the monocle/stop watch thing could be important?

3OVsPh.jpg

EKHFDh.jpg

This could be a very clever photoshop but, didn't Slenderman already show up on Butt Island?

0a2.jpeg

I rarely pay attention to backgrounds like I do the characters, so I missed it if it's real.

At the top of the page Blue Wisp confirmed it was fake. Sad. But a guy can dream, eh? I must admit it is a really good photoshop.

And here I thought this was just some silly/great cartoon, but now I find it has some real mystery involved in it? Now I have to start paying attention...

Jason Ritter, voice of Dipper Pines, gushing about the show's humor and how it is not mean spirited and how fun it is to make.