Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

Watched the first episode because I saw this topic and it caught my interest. I must say... nice work Topic starter, this series is pretty funny and I wouldn't mind getting into it. The first episode as pretty alright and I like the characters so far.

Edited by LunarEdge

Just finished watching episode 4.

The Hand Who Rocks The Mabel was awesome. The ending was awesome, it was mysterious and attracting. Gideon went nuts, I do wonder what he's capable of with 2 and with his obsession with Mabel.

This show keeps getting better and better each episode.

I FUCKING LOVE GRAVITY FALLS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've just noticed that although Dipper, Mabel, and Wendy have four-fingered hands, pretty much everyone else I've seen in the show has five-fingered hands.

Like, totally wierd.

Regarding The Hand That Rocks The Mabel-Considering the fact that Gideon is in possesion of Vol. 2 of these mysterious books, I wonder where the first book islocated or who is in possesion of it. Heck, we don't even know if the third is the last book (the third volume is somewhat unfinished, as seen in the first episode), so maybe there's an entire collection of these books-some hidden, others already in the possesion of others. And who knows how many of them that exist.

Also, I'm highly confident that Gideon's VA is the same guy who did the voice for Flapjack (Alex Hirsch, GF's creator, was also a writer for Flapjack after all.) )

I can't wait to see the third episode/the next new episode! biggrin.png

Edited by Zinos

Also, I'm highly confident that Gideon's VA is the same guy who did the voice for Flapjack (Alex Hirsch, GF's creator, was also a writer for Flapjack after all.)

Yup, Thurop Van Orman (Flapjack's VA and writer on numerous animated shows) is credited as Gideon at the end.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, I was watching trailers of Gravity Falls and found the creature for Episode 5:

S1e5_gif_cooler_monster.gif

Regarding The Hand That Rocks The Mabel-Considering the fact that Gideon is in possesion of Vol. 2 of these mysterious books, I wonder where the first book islocated or who is in possesion of it.

My bets are on Stan being in possession of the first book and it being in the room behind the vending machine

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ah, that's good to know. I know nothing about Oregon, or most US states really, so maybe that's where I missed some humour. I do like the characters and the concept so I'll watch the next couple of episodes at some point to see how it progresses.

I'll quickly explain four things that might help a bit to understand why the characters are so against going here first, and al ot of the scenery and such.

1.) Oregon is one of the three states on the pacific coast, right above California and below Washington. However, it's not nearly as popular as either of those. Oregon is sort of the spot where several 'biomes' meet. Less than a 30 minute drive away from my house is a forest, desert, gorge, beach, snowy mountain, big city, and the open country for example, all in different directions. Oregon has always specialized in keeping its nature safe, we have a lot of laws about it, a large national park, and are a very 'green' state.

2.) Oregon is almost never remembered by outside states and is considered 'weird'. Even my town's unofficial slogan is 'Keep Portland Weird'. Oregon is often first on passing strange laws and we do all sorts of strange events, we have a lot of festivals and have a very 'community' base mentality, which most states don't have. I find that in school we have a lot less bullying because of this mentality, and that everyone sort of knows everyone, even in the bigger cities. We have never really had any big cities or amusement parks, and due to our weird nature and decisions we're considered (along with southern Washington) to be a very 'quirky' place. This was even furthered when the show, Twin Peaks, came out and got popular which sort of got this whole area, known as the Pacific Northwest, to be stereotyped as 'quirky'. Other forms of media have also gone on about how secluded, forgotten, and quirky Oregon is. Another popular example is the film Rambo, where Rambo gets caught up in a nowhere Oregon town on his way to Portland when the whole town comes to be against him.

3.) Oregonians love horror, or at least we have a bigger celebration of Halloween and such holidays more. We often have a lot of open haunted houses, a lot of horror movies are filmed in Oregon, because of the secluded nature of the town and all the nature and environments we have. Everything from Friday the 13th to Nightmare Before Christmas was done here. There's also a lot of stories about Oregon's past that are suitably creepy and lots of rumors, myths, and folkstories. One such thing is that there was a mob that lived under one of our biggest cities that would kidnap and kill people in the early 1900s, and those tunnels with all those dead bodies have just been left there sealed off even to this day. That one's true, but we have all sorts of stories.

4.) Back to the community thing, Oregon has had through it's history secret societies and such, both for good and bad. On the worst side of things was that groups like the KKK and satanist circles would hold rituals here, but also a lot of societies for other things. That has lead to a secretive vibe for Oregon, along with the fact not many people who've never been to Oregon don't know much about it even though everyone that lives in Oregon seems to have pride in their home state and absolutely love it. But the reasons we love it are very weird. I am thinking the show here might go into a secret community thing since that's another big stereotype based on Oregon, and that we hold a lot of secrets we don't share with the outside world. Only supported by the fact that we have a big community mindset, have a lot of laws that only apply to Oregon, and the likes. We also have a good mix of modern businesses, hicks, hippies, award-winning minds and authors. Oregon hosts more family owned businesses than any other state in the US and has a huge scene for music and the arts.

I'll share in the stories later, but several things in the opening and some of these episodes touch on local folk-stories and myths.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 7

I was told to color a doodle.

So I did.

dipper_by_nixtras-d55m2r1.pngMade his face a little too wide I think. But whatever.

This made me wish I was competent enough to use computer art programs so I could make this look good

002-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

>mfw

Larry King tells Mabel to wear the Llama sweater, and she actually does in the next episode

Dat Continuity!

670px-S1e2_dipper_reading_magazine.png

From Episode 2 (on the newspaper)

And there is a scene in Episode 4, where there is a restaurant. The restaurant is a reference to The red room in Twin Peaks

theredroom.jpg

It copies the design, curtains, lamps, everything!

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

Colour me intrigued. This looks like a really good show! =O I'll have to give it a watch soon, especially now that I know about all the Oregon references and stereotypes (thanks Agent York)!

I watched Episode 1 today. It was really good. Time to set the DVR

Edit: Now watched the 1st three episodes... this show definately rules.

Edited by a person

Well THAT was a fun episode.

Lil' Gideon was great, didn't see his wide range of abilities or the book coming. He was also delightfully messed-up.

EDIT: WHOOPS SILLY ME, I WAS JUST USING THE WRONG PLAYER. BLAH.

Edited by Gideon Gleeful

Well THAT was a fun episode.

Lil' Gideon was great, didn't see his wide range of abilities or the book coming. He was also delightfully messed-up.

Also, apparently episode 5 has already been leaked. I got a problem though. For some reason, whenever I download any of the leaked episodes, i don't get any sound. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Lil' Gideon was weird. :P

But anywho when Ep.4 leaked I didn't had that problem. So it must be something on your end.

DAMN IT GIDEON STAY AWAY FROM MAH WAIFU!!!! ):<

...Er I mean uh...

Is it just me or does Gideon looks like Bill Clinton? Did not see his powers coming, I'd love to see some Gideon vs Silver fanart since their powers are similar. I love the continuity in this show, can wait to see what happens with that book 2 :o

And god damn it I fucking love that chiptunes song and hope there's more of those.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw episode 5.

WHAT THE FUCK.

The hell was going on with that Brain monster thing? Was it even real? Or relevant in any way?

Such a weird episode, and Mabel on sugar was awesome.

Speaking of which, wouldn't eating food from a store that closed in 1995 be REALLY sickening?

Edited by Gideon Gleeful

Just saw episode 5.

WHAT THE FUCK.

The hell was going on with that Brain monster thing? Was it even real? Or relevant in any way?

Such a weird episode, and Mabel on sugar was awesome.

Speaking of which, wouldn't eating food from a store that closed in 1995 be REALLY sickening?

I was wondering about that too. But I don't think it won't be relevant until later. And about the food thing its fine as long as its been sealed up for so long. Cartoon characters do get better pretty fast you know.

Also I loved this episode, my favorite one yet. It does help that did it focused more on Wendy, who needed lots of screen time. :P

Episode 5 is probably my favorite episode right now

Not cause it was funny or had a good plot, I just really liked the writing and characterization in this episode for some reason. It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it but those who have kinda know what I'm talking about.

Also

ONWARDS AOSHIMA is the code

Dipper was the best this episode. And so was the Lamby Dance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait.

Wait.

Episode 5 has been leaked? OH BOY.

Totally downloading right now. This is going to be great. <3

That brain monster thing is damn scary. D:

Grunkle Stan's reactions while watching TV were some of the funniest things I've ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 7