Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2012 | "Hey Asshole!" *Brick & Shotgun to the FACE!*

Badnik Mechanic

Nintendo does have a nack of announcing stuff that doesn't actually exist yet. Everything in this conference was actually there in some form. Even if it changes or gets cancelled for...whatever reason.. at least it was there. There was no "Oh by the way new *insert nintendo title here*" moment. Everything that they announced/talked about was there and ready in some state.

Even with the Wii-U stuff tomorrow, I'm still expecting a lot of this from them.

God of War-Knew about it

Last of US-Looks good but knew about it

AC3-Knew about it and multiplat

AC3 Vita-Leaked

Smash Bros.-Underwhelming

Move-Couldn't care less

Overall they played it safe. Good in the sense that whatever I can compare to it at this point is Microsoft and EA with Ubisoft being the victor out of all of them today.

Edited by Silencer Tsundere

I give the presentation an 85% a B-. There was plenty of good stuff though the boring Move stuff really dragged on for far to long, but all in all it was a solid showing, Ubisoft still beats them all but still, a decent presentation.

Had a lot more dignity than Microsoft, that's for sure.

Wait, have I said something wrong? I thought Sony did very well this time. A lot of games, some new stuff and... yeah. It kept me interested.

RIP "The Last Guardian". We will never be able to play you.

Good conference with plenty of games shown, but no big surprises. Ubisoft still wins! Last of Us looks great, probably the best game that I've seen that's Sony exclusive. I need a a PS3 so bad...

Anyway, I'm off to bed now! Looking forward to Nintendo's conference~

I only joined the video halfway, but I get the feeling I didn't miss much. Pretty looking shooter, book sized AR cards, pretty looking other game, another pretty looking game...

Can I just ask those of you who play God of War- what is it you see in the series? Going off that video... it looked very repetitive.

RIP "The Last Guardian". We will never be able to play you.

Probably at TGS.

Just watching the aftershow segment... this line caught my attention.

"So Big Daddy will use the Plasmids and the little sister appears in his storyline"

*wakes up*

Playstation Battle Royale has storylines for each character

• Thumbs Up 2

if we go game by game MS actually had more games. the only problem being that microsoft gave them the shitties presentations ever. Sony actually did a really good job on showing god of war and last of us. nice long, interesting demos

THEIR TALKING ABOUT BIG DADDY IN ALL STARS! AND LITTLE SISTER IS IN! AND NATHAN!

Microsoft-We're so much better than you! we want your money! look at these sales. have you seen our phone?Hey look games!

Ubisoft-Games

Sony-We care about the players. free stuff for all! games and games. Phone....games.

Edited by Sora

if we go game by game MS actually had more games. the only problem being that microsoft gave them the shitties presentations ever. Sony actually did a really good job on showing god of war and last of us. nice long, interesting demos

They actually skimmed through the games they had as well. Did not bother going through the indy games.

Oh my holy god...

Look at the fucking tags on the video!

Edit: Ninjas! They've goosed me!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look at the tags on the video.

NO WAY THE FUCKING PUT THAT IN THERE IN GOOD CONSCIENCE, WHY IN THE HELL...1?!?!?!?

Was pretty bored tbh. Didn't really care about much of what they showed, aside from learning of the new ACIII stuff and confirmation on the Vita game. The Last of Us does look pretty good.

I think I'll actually pick that one up. I thought The Last Of Us was going to be really lame based on last year but the demo today changed my mind on that. Speaking of lame though I don't like Beyond :/...I just don't like those games that would rather (obviously) be movies haha. Just my opinion on that though.

Regardless - it wasn't terrible but not much I was actually interested in. Was hoping to see a lot more Vita titles.

THEIR TALKING ABOUT BIG DADDY IN ALL STARS! AND LITTLE SISTER IS IN! AND NATHAN!

Microsoft- We're so much better than you! we want your money! look at these sales. have you seen our phone?Hey look games!

Ubisoft - BOOBS! WOMAN WOOD! Oh yeah, games too!

Sony- We care about the players. free stuff for all! games and WONDERBOOK!

ftfy

Big Daddy & Drake gameplay... as previously mentioned... you need to see the tags on the video... erm... I don't know what to say.

They seriously put SUPER SMASH BROTHERS in the tags, how stupid can you get? This is saying HEY LOOK SUPER SMASH BROS BUT WITH SONY even though they've tried to hide the fact it's a rip off.

Overall Sony's conference bored me all the way through.

Edited by Rawrdom

They seriously put SUPER SMASH BROTHERS in the tags, how stupid can you get? This is saying HEY LOOK SUPER SMASH BROS BUT WITH SONY even though they've tried to hide the fact it's a rip off.

Overall Sony's conference bored me all the way through.

There is no way thats been authorised, no way. Something tells me whoever is responsible for the youtube channel is going to be called into a disciplinary meeting tomorrow.

Look at the tags on the video.

Oh fucking wow, the game's title isn't even in the tags.

Can I just ask those of you who play God of War- what is it you see in the series? Going off that video... it looked very repetitive.

Extremely satisfying combat. For all of its simplicity, it's one of the few games where connecting a hit carries weight and tearing apart the low level mooks never gets old. Classic beat 'em up gameplay.

Games keep throwing at you new setpieces to break up the pace, some easy platforming, puzzles and a big boss battle at the end of each setting. Greek mythos are a nice setting.

It's just a very solid formula with incredible levels of polish.

Also sex minigames.

This is saying HEY LOOK SUPER SMASH BROS BUT WITH SONY even though they've tried to hide the fact it's a rip off.

The developer never did. Quite the opposite.

I love when nintendo fans get riled up though, props to the uploader.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not all that offended by All-Stars, but I will say the chances of it working is extremely slim unless they catch the magic of how SSB works.

A post on Smashboards says it perfectly:

The problem with SSB ripoffs is that the people who make them don't understand why Smash Bros. is good (hell, even Sakurai doesn't seem to completely understand why Smash Bros. is good). They usually take the "let's get a lot of well know characters and give them a simple control scheme" angle, but this is a very shallow analysis of Smash Bros. Anyone who reads this site knows that Smash Bros. is all about tight controls and fast paced action. The characters are just there for appeal, and the controls, while amazingly simple, aren't just randomly thrown together. Nothing in Smash Bros. is randomly thrown together. In Smash-Up, most moves are just random animations that are supposed to look cool but not to have any practical effect.

If Sony makes a Smash ripoff, it'll inevitably be an unplayable mess that just isn't any fun UNLESS said game's developers have actually played AND enjoyed Smash Bros. a lot and understand why it's fun.

The developer never did. Quite the opposite.

I wouldn't even know how to hide that, so it would be pretty silly to do so in the first place. There's nothing wrong with ripping off games as long as you can put your own twist to it, or declare you can make it better than the original.

Edited by Marco

Sony was alright overall.

Found this:

mFUxG.gif

That gif is inaccurate. Peach is not nearly as bloated nor greedy to represent EA.

• Thumbs Up 1