Awoo.

Metal Sonic vs. Shadow the Hedgehog

Emerald Zoner

But he is a recolor.

Well yeah, now you're just pointing out the obvious happy.png

Shadow would win. A biological clone of sonic has greater chances of beating sonic at his peak than a.machine plus Shadow can overwhelmmetal in raw power in chaos boost and in super mode. Shadow also does have that limit to releasing his rings like he does in the comics.

Psst... your bias is showing, brah...

Shadow would win. A biological clone of sonic has greater chances of beating sonic at his peak than a.machine plus Shadow can overwhelmmetal in raw power in chaos boost and in super mode. Shadow also does have that limit to releasing his rings like he does in the comics.

Shadow wouldn't win, Metal Sonic has that power up from EP2 Now. V:

Welcome back, Total Shadow.

Not the same people.

... Huh, that's peculiar. Guess Shadow fanboys really do act so laughably predictable.

Anyway, I'd say Metal Sonic would have a better chance at winning in a fight with Shadow. I mean, with the acquisition of the entirety of Sonic, Shadow and Chaos' data, coupled with the Purple Energy from Sonic 4: Episode 2, Metal Sonic would certainly be a tough cookie to crack.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lack of solid stats for either character, plot armor, inconsistent writing, and infinitely potential variations in thought make this a difficult match-up to have a solid opinion on. Stick either of them in a neutral battle field with no Chaos Emeralds or other props, and it basically comes down to whether or not Shadow can out-battle himself after Metal's cheaply copied his powers. *shrugs* :|

The thing I hate about Metal Sonic is that he's Eggman's bitch. Even in Sonic 4: Episode 2, he was Eggman's bitch. Alliance? More like submission. Yeah, there was Heroes, but we all know Eggman made Metal Sonic his bitch again afterwords.

Metal has the ability to copy people's data, I'll give him that. It's a kickass ability to have, but he's never won a fight with that data. Hell, he's never won a fight, period. He's always getting his ass kicked by Sonic, and it's more than just storyline progression to blame. Shadow, on the other hand, is stronger than Metal. I've played just about every Sonic game there is, and I can firmly say that while Metal's attacks are powerful and devastating, he probably wouldn't win in a fight against Shadow.

Shadow's big weakness in the fanbase is his lack of Sonic Adventure 2 badass style. Bring him back that way, Sega.

Don't get me wrong, Metal is awesome, and has had his spurts of free will. I just think Shadow is better. However, I also realize this argument will be going on for a long time. If you like Metal, fine.

Edited by UltDevilDoom
  • Thumbs Up 1

To keep it short and simple, a movie where the real Sonic is in critical condition and because of it, Shadow must battle Metal more intensely than Sonic and Metal did in the OVA. That would be amazing.

Neither TBH. Every character in the Sonic Universe is so wildly inconsistent in their capabilities from game to game most of the time that actually figuring out who would do better is very difficult.

Neither TBH. Every character in the Sonic Universe is so wildly inconsistent in their capabilities from game to game most of the time that actually figuring out who would do better is very difficult.

You're absolutely right about the capability comparison. I do my best to compare.

plus Shadow can overwhelm metal in raw power in chaos boost and in super mode

No he really can't. Not only does Metal Sonic have Maximum Overdrive, but also his "hyper" mode, and presumably, the ability to copy the Chaos Boost from Shadow. Plus he can shield himself from distance attacks. In order for Shadow to come close to "overwhelming" Metal Sonic, he would basically have to stack his Chaos Boost on his Super Mode, and then drop his loaders. However, doing this would quickly burn out his stamina, so if Metal Sonic and just survive this, then he gets the win.

Granted, surviving all that would be nigh impossible, but still, the opportunity is there.

No he really can't. Not only does Metal Sonic have Maximum Overdrive, but also his "hyper" mode, and presumably, the ability to copy the Chaos Boost from Shadow. Plus he can shield himself from distance attacks. In order for Shadow to come close to "overwhelming" Metal Sonic, he would basically have to stack his Chaos Boost on his Super Mode, and then drop his loaders. However, doing this would quickly burn out his stamina, so if Metal Sonic and just survive this, then he gets the win.

Granted, surviving all that would be nigh impossible, but still, the opportunity is there.

Unless Shadow has a door. That's like kryptonite to Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought they were friends after Rivals 2. Why did their beautiful friendship die!!!

I thought they were friends after Rivals 2. Why did their beautiful friendship die!!!

That's what I was thinking too...Suprisingly, he got on really well with Metal Sonic even more than the real Sonic XD

Even my little sister, who watched me play through all the generations of Sonic, knows Metal Sonic can't beat Shadow. And she's a Metal Sonic fan.

As far as Sonic Rivals 2 goes, Shadow got along with Eggman, not Metal Sonic. Eggman used Metal Sonic to contact Shadow and ask him to stop the Ifrit. Metal Sonic didn't even talk. All the talkiing was from Eggman, who used Metal Sonic to communicate with Shadow on his journey. If Metal Sonic really could beat Shadow, Eggman would have dispatched Metal Sonic to destroy the Ifrit.

I know there was some amount of teamwork between the two, but Metal Sonic was just following Shadow's orders.

All of this contributes to my earlier point: Metal Sonic is almost always Eggman's bitch.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

Really, if a character is capable of copying any move from anyone then the ONLY real way they'd lose is because they don't have plot armor, and Metal has never had plot armor since his debut.

Play it fairly and Metal would obviously win; only way to beat him that way would be through the series macguffins, the Chaos Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't see why people like Metal Sonic. He was cool in Sonic CD, but never after that. And if he can copy any ability he wants, why does he lose every fight he's in? Enough of the copying ability bullshit. It's obviously not helping him enough, because Sonic kicks Metal's ass every time.

Half the fights Sonic has with Metal are no contest for Sonic. In Sonic Triple Trouble, Metal only had two moves, and was the easiest boss to beat. Metal was a warmup for Dr. Robotnik in that game, if that.

In the massive disappointment Sonic Heroes, Metal was a joke. Charge up your Team Blast by destroying whatever lame attacks he sent your way. That was it. Don't post anything about Chaos Emeralds, either. The three other teams easily hurt him seperately.

If Metal ever wins a fight, maybe I'll give him more credit. Until then, Shadow holds the title of Sonic's arch-rival.

In the massive disappointment Sonic Heroes, Metal was a joke. Charge up your Team Blast by destroying whatever lame attacks he sent your way. That was it. Don't post anything about Chaos Emeralds, either. The three other teams easily hurt him seperately.

That's the thing, it took four teams (12 characters) to bring him down,

one of the teams being powered by the Chaos Emeralds.

And like Eggman said: "Can you hear me Sonic? Regular attacks are useless now! Attack it using Team Blast!"

So if Tails and Knuckles wasn't with him, Super Sonic wouldn't even be able to scratch him.

...Random thought: Wouldn't this make Metal Madness/Overlord the strongest enemy Sonic has ever faced?

Edited by Sweecrue

That's the thing, it took four teams (12 characters) to bring him down, one of the teams being powered by the Chaos Emeralds.

And like Eggman said: "Can you hear me Sonic? Regular attacks are useless now! Attack it using Team Blast!"

So if Tails and Knuckles wasn't with him, Super Sonic wouldn't even be able to scratch him.

...Random thought: Wouldn't this make Metal Madness/Overlord the strongest enemy Sonic has ever faced?

Well, that depends on whether or not you wish to chalk up Metal Overlord's invulnerability towards everything short of Team Blasts to Gameplay and Story Segregation.

Edited by Komodin

I'm pretty sure Solaris is the strongest because he existed in the past, present, and future at the same time and had to be stop at those points simultaneously by three characters in there super forms...and even then it wasn't enough until they had to fully wipe him out of existence like he was never there.

I really don't see why people like Metal Sonic. He was cool in Sonic CD, but never after that. And if he can copy any ability he wants, why does he lose every fight he's in? Enough of the copying ability bullshit. It's obviously not helping him enough, because Sonic kicks Metal's ass every time.

I take it you missed the part where I was talking about plot armor that he lacks, hence the reason he always loses when in all fairness he should have won.

If Metal ever wins a fight, maybe I'll give him more credit. Until then, Shadow holds the title of Sonic's arch-rival.

Honestly, Shadow doesn't have any actual wins either. He never won a single fight in SA2, nor in Heroes, and his fight with Sonic in ShTH isn't even canon to count. So for Sonic supposed arch-rival, he's not got any wins either.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm obviously not going to change anyone's mind about Metal Sonic, so I'll just keep being a Shadow fan and supporting him. I still say Shadow is the best, but it's good we're disputing over who's better. It keeps the franchise and its fans strong.

The thing I hate about Metal Sonic is that he's Eggman's bitch. Even in Sonic 4: Episode 2, he was Eggman's bitch. Alliance? More like submission. Yeah, there was Heroes, but we all know Eggman made Metal Sonic his bitch again afterwords.

To be fair Metal only appeared in 3 games after Heroes, those being Rivals 1 & 2 and Free Riders and he only appeared as "Eggman's bitch" in one of them.

I really don't see why people like Metal Sonic.

Cuz opinions