Awoo.

Metal Sonic vs. Shadow the Hedgehog

Emerald Zoner

If there is a Metal Knuckles in Sonic Advance, there should be a Metal Shadow that could kick both Metal Sonic and Shadow butts.

PS: Lol about the banned guy

I'd say Metal Sonic. After all, Eggman just keeps powering him up, so Metal gets stronger and stronger.

PS: I don't know who this Total Shadow kid is, but it reminds me of....Silverhedgie.

LOL ahahahahahaha!!! So it was freaking Total Shadow again?! rofl

Which Metal Sonic can copy. Or did we forget that little fact?

He can copy Shadow's Chaos abilities? I thought those abilities can only be used by a few characters like Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, etc.

He can copy Shadow's Chaos abilities? I thought those abilities can only be used by a few characters like Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, etc.

In the final battle of Sonic Heroes he uses Chaos Control.

They should've left that trait to Gemerl. Metal Sonic is supposed to be a copy of SONIC, why would he absorb the power of other characters if he claims to be the real Sonic?.......and then the universe imploded.

Except Metal Sonic technically had it before Emerl. Since we're using spin-offs, he was able to copy moves in Sonic Fighters.

As for why, it's so that he can be the "better" Sonic. It's not too hard to make sense of it even tho the character is going too far with the abilities to achieve it.

In the final battle of Sonic Heroes he uses Chaos Control.

Oh crap I forgot all about that. Lol sorry my bad haven't played heroes in years

• Thumbs Up 1

He can copy these powers but he won't be able to put them to good use.

If Metal had copied Solaris through same fan fiction plan, saying Metal would win, would be an understatement.

What the hell says he couldn't? He seemed to do just that in Heroes when he used Chaos Control on Team Super Sonic and froze them in time stasis during the final battle, and then there's Chaos' shapeshifting abilities he used at the end of the Egg Albatross.

Hell, if you wanna go any further than that, he copied which ever character he was racing in the Rivals series, including Silver Telekinesis. How's that for good use?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

He seemed to do just that in Heroes when he used Chaos Control on Team Super Sonic and froze them in time stasis during the final battle, and then there's Chaos' shapeshifting abilities he used at the end of the Egg Albatross.

Hell, if you wanna go any further than that, he copied which ever character he was racing in the Rivals series, including Silver Telekinesis. How's that for good use?

How did he get chaos' powers anyway? It was from Froggys tails wasn't it? Since that's the tail of chaos.

How did he get chaos' powers anyway? It was from Froggys tails wasn't it? Since that's the tail of chaos.

That and probably the Chao he kidnapped along with it. Despite Heroes' plot being poorly made and weak in presentation, you could at the very least make sense of some (tho not all) of the things that went on.

That and probably the Chao he kidnapped along with it. Despite Heroes' plot being poorly made and weak in presentation, you could at the very least make sense of some (tho not all) of the things that went on.

It wasn't really poorly made. They just tacked on an ending that didn't really fit the game.

The game had minimal cutscenese and was a throwback to the old games of some sort.

I wish it was more story driven and expanded upon Metal Sonic.

When I unlocked the last story I thought I could play the game as Neo Metal Sonic, since it was on the character select screen.

I wasn't dissapointed.. I just thought "oh man, I can totally play as this guy now, this is going to be friggin' awesome!"

It wasn't really poorly made. They just tacked on an ending that didn't really fit the game.

The game had minimal cutscenese and was a throwback to the old games of some sort.

I wish it was more story driven and expanded upon Metal Sonic.

When I unlocked the last story I thought I could play the game as Neo Metal Sonic, since it was on the character select screen.

I wasn't dissapointed.. I just thought "oh man, I can totally play as this guy now, this is going to be friggin' awesome!"

No dude, it was poorly made, or at the very least paper thin.

You have a game where the main character is talking about Teamwork and yet they do the complete opposite of that by fighting other teams despite them going after the same guy. Okay, in Team Rose's case, they were after Sonic for the most part, but the others like Team Dark don't have much of an excuse when they blatantly tell one another "Hey, we're going after Eggman!" before trying to beat the crap out of each other off a lilypad.

Then we see Metal Sonic only once in each team's story with very little foreshadowing or hints towards his purpose for doing the things he doing. He's copying data...for what before the climax? Why is he taking the form of his creator instead of fighting the heroes in his original form? Or better yet why did he even betray his master in the first place when there was nothing he did before he took over?

And don't get me started on how they handled Shadow in the plot. Seriously, it says a lot when Sonic Colors is just as light on the story yet it did the opposite and it did the opposite by answering the who, what, when, where's, and why's of the plot (with some parts left unanswered, I'll admit).

There's a lot of issues with the Heroes' plot, that much can be said.

• Thumbs Up 3

If Rivals is anything to go by, Metal Sonic is just as proficient at using his copied powers at the user is. He's practically the Taskmaster of the Sonic world.

Metal Sonic is awesome, but I think Shadow's stronger and a better rival.

Mind me asking why?

Metal Sonic is awesome, but I think Shadow's stronger and a better rival.

Er, you might want to consider elaborating on this a bit. As is, it's kinda making you look like a Shadow fanboy, and trust me, you don't want to come across as being one.

Shadow hasn't really been a real Rival since Sonic Adventure 2, all those other encounters like in Heroes were more random, silly and simply just placed their for whatever reasons, plus he just doesn't have a real beef with Sonic like Metal. Even Jet is a more antagonizing rival than Shadow.

One of the things I don't like about Shadow recently is how he's no longer Sonic's rival (and the fact that we never see him but hey), their exchange before their battle on the Space Colony arc was pretty awesome imo, and their constant getting at eachother during SA2 was pretty sweet as well.

However, I do see Metal Sonic as the better rival if only because he's probably never gonna soften up and team up with Sonic, he's always gonna keep coming at him in an attempt to prove he's better.

Er, you might want to consider elaborating on this a bit. As is, it's kinda making you look like a Shadow fanboy, and trust me, you don't want to come across as being one.

To emphasize what he's saying, this place has a lot of Shadow fans who love the character.

If you act like a fanboy here the Shadow fans themselves will personally side with the anti-Shadow crowd in lynching you before going about their usual day.

• Thumbs Up 2

To emphasize what he's saying, this place has a lot of Shadow fans who love the character.

If you act like a fanboy here the Shadow fans themselves will personally side with the anti-Shadow crowd in lynching you before going about their usual day.

Ironically you are right. I'm a fanboy *raises flame shield* but I know Metal is and always will be the better rival for sonic. Unlike shadow, Metal has never stopped harassing sonic nor has he teamed up with him for any reason. Metal will never team up with him (UNLESS SEGA FUCKS THAT UP AND I SWEAR TO FRIGGIN......). Metal is the cold hearted rival that I think the sonic series needs. Yes Eggy is fantastic at what he does but he's the main villian....along with the monster of the week. Metal does whatever the fuck he wants and does not have a problem fucking up sonic's shit just cause.

At first I thought they were equal, but now the more I think of it.. Shadow is stronger. He fought Final Hazard, Metal Overlord (who was technically powered up Metal Sonic) and Solaris. He was fighting them along with some other characters but still. And he fought Devil Doom alone. I don't think Metal Sonic could win against Shadow but Metal Sonic got a lot of new abilities and powers recently so maybe he has got a chance after all.

Metal Sonic is such a badass but in pretty much all games he was defeated by other characters while Shadow is definitely as strong (or almost as strong if you wish) as Sonic and stronger than most of other characters.

Huh, I know about TotalShadow from the SEGA board. Knew he was a fanboy, but that's about it.

Well, for this, I think they're both cool rivals. But I rather have Shadow stay a Vegeta than go back to villian. Metal is Sonic's villian-rival through and through, and works it better.

As far as who's stronger. I think they're equal, without their upgrades. I mean, as far as I can tell, Shadow and Metal were always supposed to be on par with Sonic. Where Shadow is a living creature (with some robotics put in i think) Metal is a robot who, by that, can wear down, but is more "immortal". But, if I can recall, Shadow has that Chaos control ability, even without an emerald. It's just part of his pack. Which would give him an advantage.

Now, Metal can go into that giant robot, and Shadow has chaos control, but it only goes so far. The robot would rock his world. Giving metal the lead.

However, like Sonic, Shadow can go Super, which alway captializes. But that's only if he has the emeralds handy, or Metal doesn't just wipe him out then and there. Unless it's the Hero's game.

Normal one on one with all natural fighting: Shadow, barely.

Capital powers, no Chaos emeralds avaliable: Metal, by far.

Capital powers, emeralds available: Even playing field. Let's hope (or don't) that Shadow's resourceful enough to do the fly/power attack of Team Super Sonic.

Of course, this was a game, Shadow would win. Anti-Hero always beat villians.

Edited by WIttyUsername

You're right about that.

Metal Sonic has lots of cool abilities, like that boost move and being able to copy other people's data. Before Shadow came along, he was considered Sonic's ultimate rival, and for good reason. He wants nothing more than to destroy Sonic.

Shadow, on the other hand, has all of Sonic's moves and devastating chaos powers to boot. I think the chaos powers are stronger than Metal Sonic's unique abilities. Also, Shadow can use weapons against Metal Sonic. To top it off, Shadow isn't Robotnik's tool most of the time.

I just don't think Metal Sonic would win in a fight against Shadow. All Shadow needs is a return to form...

Edited by UltDevilDoom