Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Me too, I hate digital albums, because even if you pay for them, you still don't OWN them, so if iTunes goes putt, then they have the right to revoke any music downloads you had, or simply brick them actually, it's in the small print in T&C's from iTunes so you really can't do a thing about it.

Plus it's not the same as owning the CD's or flicking through the booklets.

Did I say it would? No, I said "if" it did, which any company can go from successful to bankrupt in a short period of time, I was just stating the facts.

Besides physically owning a copy > Digital release.

• Thumbs Up 1

If an album is made, it better have a bonus track or something :D Perhaps a remix of something from Ristar, since he's the flagman. I actually don't know if my body will be able to handle a Richard Jacques remix of the already wonderfull Ristar's soundtrack =DD

Edited by Jingle

I hope if an album is made, it better have a bonus track or something. Perhaps a remix of something from Ristar, since he's the flagman. I actually don't know if my body will be able to handle a Richard Jacques remix of the already wonderfull soundtrack of Ristar =DD

Planet Sonata Remix please...

hehe, seriously, I would've love a track based on the music world.

• Thumbs Up 1

Me too, I hate digital albums, because even if you pay for them, you still don't OWN them, so if iTunes goes putt, then they have the right to revoke any music downloads you had, or simply brick them actually

I'd just like to point out that this is incorrect (at least in my experience). One time I bought the album "Deadwing" by Porcupine Tree by mistake. I actually just wanted the album's title song ("Deadwing") at that point but wasn't thinking and I tapped the wrong buy button, and ended up buying the whole album. So I wrote a message to Apple support telling them that I accidentally bought it and asked if I could be refunded. They refunded me and removed the album from my account. BUT, it was still on my computer and I could still play it. It's now more than a year later and it is still on my computer. I can't download it again from iTunes because it's been removed from my account but I have the files and they are DRM-free.

Another example is when I wanted to use a song from iTunes in a video of mine (This artist makes music for people to use in videos on the condition that you buy it on iTunes first). If it was DRM-protected I would have a hard time getting it into my FOSS video editor. But there was no hassle.

So you do actually own the songs you buy from iTunes. If there's no DRM protection then you can do what you please with the files. iTunes/Apple can remove them from your account and you will no longer be able to download them again but they have no control over the songs you've already downloaded. If iTunes goes "putt", it works the same way.

Edited by Frogging101

Did I say it would? No, I said "if" it did, which any company can go from successful to bankrupt in a short period of time, I was just stating the facts.

Calm down. It was partly a joke that Apple is far off from ever going bankrupt. Also, I assure you that if something did happen, you would probably be able to get all your songs downloaded. The "facts" are slightly misleading as we have no idea what might happen.

..Do you honestly think you would lose hundreds of dollars worth of media?

I'd just like to point out that this is incorrect (at least in my experience). One time I bought the album "Deadwing" by Porcupine Tree by mistake. I actually just wanted the album's title song ("Deadwing") at that point but wasn't thinking and I tapped the wrong buy button, and ended up buying the whole album. So I wrote a message to Apple support telling them that I accidentally bought it and asked if I could be refunded. They refunded me and removed the album from my account. BUT, it was still on my computer and I could still play it. It's now more than a year later and it is still on my computer. I can't download it again from iTunes because it's been removed from my account but I have the files and they are DRM-free.

Another example is when I wanted to use a song from iTunes in a video of mine (This artist makes music for people to use in videos on the condition that you buy it on iTunes first). If it was DRM-protected I would have a hard time getting it into my FOSS video editor. But there was no hassle.

So you do actually own the songs you buy from iTunes. If there's no DRM protection then you can do what you please with the files. iTunes/Apple can remove them from your account and you will no longer be able to download them again but they have no control over the songs you've already downloaded. If iTunes goes "putt", it works the same way.

Actually, I was told by a work colleague who used to work for Apple the ins and outs of iTunes and that's what he said, you own digital ownership of the album you buy, however you don't actually own the music, you're using iTunes service to play them, you can however rip the files with software from your iTunes library, but the codec embedded within the songs, and the protection which means Apple still own the music, you're just streaming it for free when you want it, I don't think it applies for EVERY album, but it certainly applies for the new, popular music albums, not sure about indie bands, but you get what i mean

Calm down. It was partly a joke that Apple is far off from ever going bankrupt. Also, I assure you that if something did happen, you would probably be able to get all your songs downloaded. The "facts" are slightly misleading as we have no idea what might happen.

..Do you honestly think you would lose hundreds of dollars worth of media?

If worst comes to worst...then yes, if the company do not have the money to cover the refunds for everyone, they'll simply pull a GAME and just fob everyone off.

Actually, your post just felt directed at me, kinda like the Flash argument you started in the Wii U thread, so I felt a little bitter when replying, I didn't mean to though, sorry it's hard to tell someone is joking through a bunch of text sometimes.

Some kind of contest going on at destructoid to win free copies

http://www.destructo...d--240285.phtml

I do gotta say that I don't remember a sonic game getting this much positive community publicity. It seems word of mouth so far is doing its job very well. Who knows it could be decisive for the game's succes

Edited by Djawed

Actually, I was told by a work colleague who used to work for Apple the ins and outs of iTunes and that's what he said, you own digital ownership of the album you buy, however you don't actually own the music, you're using iTunes service to play them, you can however rip the files with software from your iTunes library, but the codec embedded within the songs, and the protection which means Apple still own the music, you're just streaming it for free when you want it, I don't think it applies for EVERY album, but it certainly applies for the new, popular music albums, not sure about indie bands, but you get what i mean

Once the music file has been downloaded, and it's DRM free, Apple has no control of removing your music from your computer. No matter how you spin it. Apple used to have control over your music through DRM protection. You could only play your music on iTunes and your iPod and nowhere else. That has changed. Thanks to rivals and alternatives Amazon Music & Google Play, Apple had no choice to remove DRM just to make sure no other store had a strong advantage over them.

So this ex-Apple employee you speak of, either he's lying to you or he used to work for Apple when they still had DRM protection on their music.

If Apple gets bankrupt and they remove everyone's downloaded DRM-free music now, they will get in to more trouble then they already are. It's like they hacked in to everyone's own machines and removed the files (and they have to do that for DRM-free music...and iTunes has no suspicious files when installed...so yeah it's impossible for Apple).

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think he's lying to me, since he bragged a whole lot about working for Apple (yeah... he was THAT guy) so I'm guessing they fixed their scheming ways, and it was only present when he was around, but it's still shocking when you think about it, WMP let you RIP CD's and use the files freely, so I don't know what kind of shit Apple were pulling with that DRM shit :/

I only use iTunes for ripped CD's in my collection anyway, since they have the coolest and neatest way of displaying your CD collection ^_^

Edited by Super Snowiko
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm also concerned about the digital release on the US PSN. It's not coming this week according to PSN Blogs... For sure SEGA gives more attention to Europe, but they could at least drop a word about the game, if is it coming or not... I recall Generations being digital only on UK PSN, so I not putting my hopes up. S0L, put some pressure over SEGA to release the game digitally, they clearly don't want my money!

8. Advanced Techniques...

If you're drifting before you leave the ground, you can drift in the air. This will help you turn tighter. Learn to do the switch drift, let off the gas and swing the stick over, then back on again.

Can please anyone explain the last sentence here? What is a switch drift, and what does "let off the gas and swing the stick over, then back on again" mean in particular?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Can please anyone explain the last sentence here? What is a switch drift, and what does "let off the gas and swing the stick over, then back on again" mean in particular?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Basically while drifting, you can let go of the drift to change direction into a new turning. As long as you hit drift again within a half second or so, your boost progress on that drift will be maintained into the new turning. With careful steering and a little luck, you can build up Level 3 boosts much more often this way (though of course, putting all that time into one big boost is risky since you might mess up or get hit at the last moment, so choose carefully when you can afford to do it and when it might just be safer to do seperate drifts on each turn and get frequent regular boosts instead).

Edited by JezMM

This is more of a query than anything but I'm playing the Samba de Amigo Traffic Attack on the last World Tour area and it uses ammo instead of items?? And I'm just like wow that's infinitely easier and more handy then normal.

So my question is if that was intentional since it's called traffic "attack" and maybe it's a glitch that the items are usually there instead of ammo.. or maybe I'm just confused.

This is more of a query than anything but I'm playing the Samba de Amigo Traffic Attack on the last World Tour area and it uses ammo instead of items?? And I'm just like wow that's infinitely easier and more handy then normal.

So my question is if that was intentional since it's called traffic "attack" and maybe it's a glitch that the items are usually there instead of ammo.. or maybe I'm just confused.

I'm fairly certain it's not a bug. It's just that Traffic Attack was chosen to be more varied than the other challenges for some reason. I thought the same thing when I played the TAs that appear in later worlds, thinking that maybe it wasn't as difficult as other people had said. Then I played the Seaside Hill one and I had many sads. xD

I still don't know how to get an All Star Move in this game.

You get them like last time, except I think this time you can get them even if you're not in last place.

And what the stars do exactly? There isn't a meter or anything. The only thing I can think is the most stars you get, higher the chances of getting an All-Star move are. Or longer they are.

Edited by Jingle

If you've been paying attention to the status updates at all the past few days, you'd probably know that I got Transformed for PS3 not too long ago. ..I'm not really sure what to make of this game really, to be honest. I feel like at the very core of it is an incredibly solid and really well put together kart racing game, but it's hard to see at times because it's buried under so much bullshit.

The presentation values are off the charts. The visuals are great, the soundtrack is fantastic and there's a lot of stuff here to love for a diehard Sega fan. During its high points I think it's the best kart racing game ever made. During its lows I just think it's an experience only befitting to masochists.

World Tour mode can be fun at times, but generally speaking it's just a massive fucking chore that is mandatory to complete if you want to play as half of the goddamn characters. The order of the character unlocks (and dare I say some of the character selections themselves) are really fucking arbitrary and the requirements to get a lot of them are absolutely ridiculous? You're pretty much required to play 90% of World Tour mode on Hard difficulty if you want all of them (except Eggman) and I feel like that is inherently where a lot of my issues with this game lie.

It's not welcoming, it's not respectably challenging, it's not actually fun most of the time playing on Hard or Expert in World Tour and yet you're forced to anyway to unlock all the characters. I don't really want to hear the "You just suck" excuse either because I know I am perfectly capable of doing it. I had been playing on Hard and only Hard up until I unlocked Expert and I've already beaten most things on Expert. The point is that I didn't have that much fun doing it.

On a different note, I feel reiterate a few things that I said in the status updates. First off, a lot of the tracks in this game are so.. busy. Attention to detail is nice and I'm all for it, but a lot of times there's so much shit going on there's no way to reliably juggle everything you're being told to pay attention to all the time. This leads to you getting repeatedly man handled by onslaughts of items you didn't see coming or making wrong turns that lead to you crashing into walls and/or ceilings and flying off the track. This issue is especially prevalent your first time playing a track or when it's mirrored.

And this is a really minor nitpick, but I was just wondering why the hell I have to navigate through so many screens just to retry a challenge that I failed? When you click Restart from the pause menu, you have to confirm that you are restarting with a Yes, and then you're forced to re-select the difficulty level even if you never planning on changing it. If you play the entire challenge out and fail it, you're greeted with a screen that tells you that you failed, another screen showing the experience gained from the failed event, and after clicking Retry you're brought to another screen where you're asked to pick the difficulty level for your next attempt.

I don't know, I just think it'd save a bit of time and be more intuitive if Retry actually meant "Retry with the exact same settings" and there was just an additional button on the menu like "Change Difficulty" if you actually did want to change it? Just one of those things, I guess.

I still like the game a lot, but I'm just not really sure if I can say I'm enjoying it more than the first when a lot of the events I can immediately recall during my time playing were full of immense frustration and anguish. I loathe the boat controls, I loathe Traffic Attack, and I loathe playing through 10 fucking Grand Prix in order to unlock a single fucking character.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 6

And what the stars do exactly? There isn't a meter or anything. The only thing I can think is the most stars you get, higher the chances of getting an All-Star move are. Or longer they are.

Originally it was said that they had something to do with the All-Star, but I believe now all they do is give you coins for use in the slot machine.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

The star coins are used for the slot machine. Although S0L did mention that a whole bunch of factors contribute to earning the All-Star, so collecting them might still be a part of that as well.

EDIT: Ninjez'd

Edited by Pawn Crackers

SOL i want to ask you something. why didn't i get my free car when i got sonic and all stars racing transformed. and yes i know what you are going to tell me ask sega. but SOL when i ask sega on twitter they don't tweet back can you go ask sega for me please.

SOL i want to ask you something. why didn't i get my free car when i got sonic and all stars racing transformed. and yes i know what you are going to tell me ask sega. but SOL when i ask sega on twitter they don't tweet back can you go ask sega for me please.

Urm... how about no he can't.

If this is about that Danica toy car thing. As said many many times, that is a Sega of America promotional thing, it has nothing to do with Sumo. It only went live yesterday which is why nobody got it when the game first came out.