Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

That is totally nitpicking.

It's not happening to justify the later PC release, it's happening to promote PC sales where SEGA can sell more and make more money. I was fine with the TF2 characters, but the other two on top of that means that the other versions are down extra characters that are still SEGA-owned. It's utterly lame. Not a deal breaker in the slightest and only a small handful of people are blowing it out of proportion, but that's not the point.

I never said it was to "justify" the later release. I understand it's supposed to promote PC sales- that was actually my point. Since this version is coming out so much later, it having extra content will help, because they could use it as a selling point- both to the crowd of people who picked up the game on a home console and are willing to double dip, and to the crowds that actually like the two PC-centric franchises the characters are associated with. 

Again though, I understand why it's BS, and I think SEGA should've done something else. 

Edited by Solly

Look what I found.

sega_sticker_collection_by_imagni-d5mx6e

Deviant art Artist Imagni done a tone of Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, and Burning Rangers stickers for the game, sadly only the Jet set Radio ones got in.

I'm kinda curious why too, I rather have all of these over most of the lame ones we got in, mainly all those ones that are just old artwork everyone already outta seen before like nearly all of those Sonic ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda curious why too, I rather have all of these over most of the lame ones we got in, mainly all those ones that are just old artwork everyone already outta seen before like nearly all of those Sonic ones.

I think this was answered a while back.

Basically, Sumo hired a bunch of artists (mainly folks who worked at Sega in some way) to do the stickers. However when Sega got wind of it/saw a build or something, they said 'nope, gotta use the official images.'

Why some got in over others? Possibly due to there being no high rez images? Not sure if that is the reason, but it would be my guess.

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the expert ghost on Carrier Zone? It honestly is giving me more trouble than it's worth I've managed to get close with 0:56.926 but the time I need to beat is 0:56.565 and I just need a bit of extra edge to beat it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the expert ghost on Carrier Zone? It honestly is giving me more trouble than it's worth I've managed to get close with 0:56.926 but the time I need to beat is 0:56.565 and I just need a bit of extra edge to beat it.

I simply just fly as straight as possible, and land transform boosts, when it comes to dropping into the water section, triple barrel roll to the left to score a triple boost landing and acceling you into the the early transform gate, if you're ahead here you'll probably stay ahead.

I noticed the more you turn, duck and weave the more the ghost catches up to you, nail the short-cut through the command towers on the air craft carrier and use the boost you've saved to secure your top speed and victory.

• Thumbs Up 1

My tip to beat the expert ghosts is: On your first lap, DO NOT use the boost item you start with. Once you're almost crossing the finish line, USE it! This way you'll burst ahead the ghost and also have the boost item again to use during your definitive lap. For the Carrier Zone especifically, abuse the barrel roll and flips during the flight sections to reach the boost "rings". Always land on a transform boost too, but do only one flip or else you'll fail. During the water section, land on a double flip (or triple if you wanna take the risk) and pick that ramp to transform into a plane earlier. And at the last part, you MUST take the shortcut. No worry, there are no boxes, but the ghost will make this turn fast and flawless, and this is the time to use your boost item if you feel in trouble!

I did this ghost with Metal on the normal track and Gilius on the mirrowed one. By the way, the Chilly Castle expert ghost is freaking haxxxx. I can't beat it, seriously :/ I still need like, 15 or 20 expert ghosts to go, but Chilly Castle is the only I think I'll never beat xD

C'mon S0L, who's the staff behind that ghost?

Edited by Jingle

I can confirm that multiple all-stars can be given out at the same time. So you can't hold an All Star and let nobody else get one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone tell me what's the point of using Twister when the AI won't even get screwed up because it's freakin' AI?

Like really, it's bad enough you can get pelted with items from every side but hitting the AI barely makes a difference half the time.

Can someone tell me what's the point of using Twister when the AI won't even get screwed up because it's freakin' AI?

Like really, it's bad enough you can get pelted with items from every side but hitting the AI barely makes a difference half the time.

In theory these sorts of items are supposed to make the AI drivers perform poorly. Like in Mario Kart, an enemy you hit with a blooper is less likely to react to obstacles and will constantly swerve from left to right. But the Twister in this game seem to do fuck all to them. It's pointless indeed.

Finally got round to beating the GPs.  I was as decidedly average as ever on the first four but owned the SHIT out of the last one.  Not sure if better at car driving or just already know my way around the old courses enough.

Though through this owning I did notice there's no "Ruling the race!"  "Dominating" etc in GP mode apparently.  I just got crowd cheers when super far ahead.

Put this under wishful thinking, but I had an awesome idea for a track last night.

Using a similar trick to the Race of Ages course. Imagine a Sonic CD themed track, could be based of any zone, though due to the nature of Transformed, Palmtree Panic is probably the most obvious.

As you approach the last section of track, there is a break in it like Race of Ages, only as a vertical climb (like palmtree panic has). Only one side has a 'Past' sign, the other has 'Future' sign. Whoever is in first place would decide if the next section of track takes place on a past/future segment.

I just thought it would be really cool.

I'd love this, though would rather see Lap 1 set in the past, Lap 2 in the present, and then Lap 3 gives the choice of good or bad future.

It'd be extra cool for Stardust Speedway because Lap 1 could have a water section in those rivers by the temples in the background!

Can anyone else confirm if theirs a sticker of Rhyth(Mew) from Jet Set Radio in the game? I'm curious cause I want it on my license.

Can anyone else confirm if theirs a sticker of Rhyth(Mew) from Jet Set Radio in the game? I'm curious cause I want it on my license.

yes, beat a Pursuit Mission without getting hit.

yes, beat a Pursuit Mission without getting hit.

Yikes, without getting hit eh?

Boy that's gonna be a pain to do, but I want that sticker!

Oh, speaking of stickers, looks like theirs a couple others that are unlocked on Christmas along with Alex Kidd in the bonus area as seen here:

EDIT: Alex Kidd is playable now, but no additional stickers appeared, hmm...

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Yikes, without getting hit eh?

Boy that's gonna be a pain to do, but I want that sticker!

Oh, speaking of stickers, looks like theirs a couple others that are unlocked on Christmas along with Alex Kidd in the bonus area as seen here:

EDIT: Alex Kidd is playable now, but no additional stickers appeared, hmm...

Just do it in C class, that's what I did XD

Wait, VECTORMAN STICKER? IT'S A SIGN!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, their are more stickers already in the game, it's unknown how you unlock them through. I guess they release at some other time or something, or it may be a bug.

That feeling when you're trying to beat an expert ghost, but can't even catch your old best time. 

For some reason Ocean View is giving me way more trouble than any other level I've tried. I beat a few expert ghosts yesterday, but the ghost in the simplest level continues to elude me. 

Edited by Solly

I asked this earlier in the statuses but got no response, so I'll put it here as well; what do you have to do to get the Espio sticker?

Easy Grand Prix got a faster time than Expert? How the fuck? The cars move at a snails pace in C class, and they literally fly in Expert.

Window/ -------> Logic

Edited by Super Snowiko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the leaderboards are bugged.

The player in 1st place contacted me and said that was his expert score. Makes sense because my easy score in another cup is labeled as "Expert". Leaderboards must be poorly coded. :/

How do you unlock the achievement Spin Dash achievement? The one with the "Did a Boost-Start in each vehicle mode."

Do I have to play a car race, then a boat, then a plane one or something?

Because I thought that it will unlock by itself once I did a boost-start in every race but so far it hasn't.