Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

As much as I want this game to win, I think Need for Speed or Little Big Planet Karting will win. Let's face it, Sonic always gets screwed over one way or another.

I haven't picked up this game for myself yet, but plan to sometime after Christmas. I got to play it at an expo this year, and loved it! Came first a lot of times, too.

Agreed, Christmas Nights. Although, I've only got the demo to go on so far (you'know... with xmas and all coming up, I'm hopeful! Haha!). But... it's the most overplayed demo I've got on my system, and that it's limited to two levels over two modes and can bring me back time and time and again shows it's capabilities as a well designed, competent and valued racing game.

Aggh, it excites me for the actual game more now talking about it! XD

Edited by Son-icka

As much as I want this game to win, I think Need for Speed or Little Big Planet Karting will win. Let's face it, Sonic always gets screwed over one way or another.

I haven't picked up this game for myself yet, but plan to sometime after Christmas. I got to play it at an expo this year, and loved it! Came first a lot of times, too.

LBP Karting isn't even on the list xD

I sincerely hope Transformed win, then we maybe get a GOTY version with the new characters DLC *couch Vectorman, Ryo* XD

Just dreaming high, but vote Sonic fans, vote!!!

Wow, you sure do have a lot of patience SOL. Guys, there is nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but what is wrong is when you be an *** about it...

Anyways , I have a question about Billy. Does he cameo in Chilly Castle? Some people say he does but I can only spot his 3 friends in the track. If Billy does cameo in Chilly Castle, where is he?

I'm rather patient - you need to be tongue.png

Billy doesn't appear in the game, there are reasons for it, but it's not something I can talk about right now. It was something outside our control, but it's a really silly and boring reason.

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7708799&viewfull=1#post7708799

Weird... It starts to sound like Billy could be absent because he's coming as DLC, but then it sounds like some other weird reason wacko.png

Weird... It starts to sound like Billy could be absent because he's coming as DLC, but then it sounds like some other weird reason wacko.png

It sounded like liscence problems for me. :/

Christmas Nights.

I prolly wish you know I'm Faseeh, but oh well.

Incomplete files, or at least a folder, for Billy as a racer existed right? Maybe, since it was outside of Sumo's control, SEGA simply wanted him cut as a racer because they deemed the IP dead (wasn't even a franchise, since there was only one game) and it's not as though Billy is retro fanservice like Alex Kidd or something.

Or since it was a "silly" reason, maybe it came down to a goofy reason like "oh nobody will recognize him" or "we already have a little boy in the game" or "Billy sounds like 'Silly'".

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's not in! #billyhater

Another post about Billy. Looks like he's definitely out of the picture for DLC.

As it stands, it's unlikely we'll be adding Billy to the roster. I can't got into more details than that.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7707137

That sucks. I like Billy :(

Hey, maybe he'll just later be a PC exclusive! It's the cool thing to do, right?

I hate not being able to buy 4 platforms and have gaming capabilities on my PC as well. It used to be you'd miss certain games...now you can't even get the whole game either. It's like when musicians release three versions of their album, each one with a bonus exclusive song!

So can any super savvy ASRT peoples know exactly how many missions must be beaten on A-Class/S-Class? Or what the minimum amount of stars is to unlock everything?

Because I really suck at this game and wondering whether I should save myself the frustration. =B (I'm doing okay at stuff like drift/boost missions on S class so far but that's only the first world of World Tour - on proper races I just do not understand the AI at all, and NiGHTS totally just went Blue Shell on me by taking me over with an All-Star at the end of the race just now... from 2nd place!).

Posted this in the status box earlier, but thought I'd post it here, too.

S&ASRT DLC tracks unlikely and PC version doesn't support modding.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7707051

Meh, didn't care about/don't use mods anyway. But this might hurt their sales on the PC because almost everyone else does care about modding and they buy PC games "for the mods".

Meh, didn't care about/don't use mods anyway. But this might hurt their sales on the PC because almost everyone else does care about modding and they buy PC games "for the mods".

I don't think you guys quite understand. S0L says "Officially, we'll don't plan on any modding support, games not been designed with it in mind" which means basically that there won't be any developer tools released to the public to mod the game. No Sonic game has ever had official mod support, but that says nothing about hacks and any other kind of unofficial mods. People will still be perfectly able to buy this game just for the mods in the exact same way they did for Generations.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

So can any super savvy ASRT peoples know exactly how many missions must be beaten on A-Class/S-Class? Or what the minimum amount of stars is to unlock everything?

Because I really suck at this game and wondering whether I should save myself the frustration. =B (I'm doing okay at stuff like drift/boost missions on S class so far but that's only the first world of World Tour - on proper races I just do not understand the AI at all, and NiGHTS totally just went Blue Shell on me by taking me over with an All-Star at the end of the race just now... from 2nd place!).

To unlock the last, super secret character, it takes

stars.

I don't have an exact number of how many you'd have to do on S-class, but it's quite a few of them. If you're having trouble with the races, play multiplayer. Co-op doubles your chances and I thought it was a lot more fun.

Edited by Solly

I'm not sure the amount of missions you need to get exactly 165 stars, but if you do some of the easier missions on S class you should unlock everyone moderately okay. I suggest going through the worlds and trying to beat all of the Sprint missions first. They're just like time attack. You get a free boost at the start of a lap and all you have to do is beat the S rank ghost (which is easier than the time attack ghost. At least I thought so anyway) within 1 of the 3 laps. You can use your free boost just before crossing the finish to start the next lap off if you know you won't beat the ghost on your first run, and then you'll start the new lap at full speed with a new free boost to use whenever. I used MeeMee on these, and she's hardly the quickest character. If you use Sonic or Eggman, I imagine they should get destroyed fairly easily.

Another easy group of missions (to me) are the Ring Races. I used any monkey character for these because they have good handling. They give you plenty of time to complete the mission. I didn't even need to use risk boosts to beat them. You are already granted a free boost whenever you pass a certain amount of rings, but I suggest you use these on straightaways.

Finally, this may sound weird to suggest, but try to do the Pursuit missions too. If you hug the righthand side of the road on the 1st and 2nd phase, the tank can't hurt you. Take it slow, get ammo and fire away. I never ran out of time doing this. My character of choice was Knux for no reason other than he's awesome. :P

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7708799

I posted this in the Racer Roster thread; Billy's the 30th scrapped Racer. He was out because a vehicle design couldn't be agreed on.

Speaking of Racers...

The official results for the DLC Campaign are in.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?432251-The-great-DLC-vote-Official-Vote-results!

Hello!

So... First apologies, this week has been rather hectic for me, I've been chasing the PC version mostly, it's coming on rather nicely.

I did finally get to do a proper review of the votes. In general, everything was above board! Most people voted fairly and stuck to the rules smile.png

We did have some duplicate votes, some 'offensive' votes with names that would make even a sailor blush and some clear fake votes too. I've been through all the data and removed those particular ones which give the final voting tally for the 7 I'll be taking forward as discussion with SEGA.

As you're all on the edge of your seats - here are the official totals...

1st Place - 3327 Votes - Ryo Hazuki

2nd Place - 3148 Votes - Hatsune Miku

3rd Place - 2581 Votes - Segata Sanshiro

4th Place - 1219 Votes - Vectorman

5th Place - 1206 Votes - Bayonetta

6th Place - 1074 Votes - Ristar

7th Place - 1006 Votes - Toejam & Earl

So what happens next....?

First we're going to talk to SEGA about the whole DLC vote. It's clear that just amongst these characters, there were over 13,500 votes. If we add the runners up, that's a whole lot more. There is clearly demand here for DLC...!

Internally, we're already thinking of how we'd design vehicles for these characters. We've not yet started on concept art, but should we get the go ahead, thats the very next step.

However...

I'm going to need to ask you to be patient. Not only do we need to work out elements such as if we'll proceed, but a number of these characters will need licensing reviews, discussions with the original creators - plus of course there is the whole question of budget to create them, implement them, add extra code, audio and more. With the run up to Christmas we've also got people on holiday both here and at SEGA who need to be part of the process.

Once we've got an answer though, we'll tell you what it is and what the next steps will be. If we go ahead I do want to let you all in on the process as I suspect it'll be interesting joining us on the journey any will take to make it into the game.

Cross your fingers!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I got this by accident on Samba Studios I think.

You want to avoid tracks which have huge segments as it's easy to dodge weapon fire on those. Also ones that transform to the degree of burning rangers isn't a good idea due to the catchup thing.

I would try it on Samba studios due to how theres no 'pits' the track is narrow in places and you tend to get a lot of blowfish on that one for some reason.

Did you get it on World Tour or anywhere else? I don't know if that matters or not

Do you sincerely think Sonic & all-stars racing Transformed is the best racing game of 2012?

Vote for it at IGN

Hmm. Sonic Racing Transformed, Most Wanted, or NASCAR: Inside Line?

Don't give me that look, I'm just a fan of those other two... :I

Did you get it on World Tour or anywhere else? I don't know if that matters or not

I don't remember, it might have been a GP or even an online race.

I know I tried doing it in a two play split screen on Sonic Heroes, only it was a waste of time since the game does the catchup re-start... then again it might be possible to do it via two play split screen on classic Jet Set Radio, no restarts on that track.

God all this talk about Billy Hatcher is making me so horrifically curious about why he wasn't included. Like all signs point to the fact that they wanted to put him in, but even if it was a "couldn't decide on vehicle design" issue, that would be been early enough to include him with the other three as a cameo right?

It's just so strange that his supporting cast made it in as cameos but not him. I just can't fathom in my head what the reasoning behind it would be. Unless it really is something truly as boring as "he was going to be in, we had to scrap him, and we literally did not have even the tiniest bit of time/budget to animate him for a track cameo after the decision was made".

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

God all this talk about Billy Hatcher is making me so horrifically curious about why he wasn't included. Like all signs point to the fact that they wanted to put him in, but even if it was a "couldn't decide on vehicle design" issue, that would be been early enough to include him with the other three as a cameo right?

It's just so strange that his supporting cast made it in as cameos but not him. I just can't fathom in my head what the reasoning behind it would be. Unless it really is something truly as boring as "he was going to be in, we had to scrap him, and we literally did not have even the tiniest bit of time/budget to animate him for a track cameo after the decision was made".

It's making me wonder also....did they start to make Billy but stop because it didn't look right. I guess he's just not going to appear in this game.