Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I just took another look at the trophy/achivement list.

All Star: Collect every star in world tour mode.

So you do need every star if you want 100% trophy completion. Theres also this one too.

Sega Super Star: Earn your triple-star license.

I don't really know how the licenses work, I'm on my S Class license and havn't touched the GP's yet. Anyone know if that one is tied to stars?

...it just wouldn't be that bad or as frustrating if traffic attack wasn't as hard as it is. On some of them, I've encountered an entire wall of the green cars, theres nothing you can do but take a hit and lose the event.

Wait so Eggman is actually the hardest character to unlock? I'm confused?

If the final unlock is only a mod for the super secret character then I don't care about that, as much as I want all the trophies in this game I cannot be fucked to beat everything on super ultimate mega end of the world hard mode.

Like Hogfather I'd be willing to tackle it if it weren't for the Traffic missions, the only way I can think of beating them is by use of a power up through the slot machine and even then it'd be based on luck...

Sega Super Star: Earn your triple-star license.

I don't really know how the licenses work, I'm on my S Class license and havn't touched the GP's yet. Anyone know if that one is tied to stars?

It is sorta, it's your overall score of completion, i've got a "Star License" i got it from clearing all the GP's and a good chunk of World Tour, i guess the more you complete in the game the more chance you can upgrade your license, i'm currently sitting at 76% complete, got 300+ tme trial ghosts to beat, and need to finish World Tour off...*sigh*

Wait so Eggman is actually the hardest character to unlock? I'm confused?

If the final unlock is only a mod for the super secret character then I don't care about that, as much as I want all the trophies in this game I cannot be fucked to beat everything on super ultimate mega end of the world hard mode.

Like Hogfather I'd be willing to tackle it if it weren't for the Traffic missions, the only way I can think of beating them is by use of a power up through the slot machine and even then it'd be based on luck...

Nah, Eggman's easy to unlock. You just complete GP mode.

208 stars at the moment and not giving up till i reach 232 stars the game is so challenging that it is amazing.

Game are way to easy on hard these days so im glad this game gives me a challenge.

Got to admit, i really, Really like the Ring challenges, the plane's handle amazingly and it's such a great feeling to pull off a flawless run on Expert.

The ring races are my favourite things to do on this game. Beaten every one of them on expert.

As for traffic attack...

Just tried the... Sonic Heroes course.

Started well, avoided all traffic, 1st power up was the super glove, used it, then the next power up was a normal glove. Hit every time checkpoint/bonus checkpoint and then used the normal glove. Next power up was another super glove!

And I still couldn't do it. Ridiculous how difficult it is.

Right... I just this second managed to beat Sonic Heroes traffic attack.

When I had 3 gates left, I had 20 seconds on the clock, I finished on 0 seconds. It was that close. Traffic attack is far too hard right now. Even though I've just beaten it, I don't think I could do it again, or at least I'd spend another 3 hours or so trying, it's that difficult.

Whilst the waves of traffic are the same, the problem is when you encounter them, it can completely ruin you if you arrive too late or too soon. At one point I had the bonus checkpoint driving in a convoy, beside the side of the track, to the right of them was a green car... so how was I supposed to get it?

Best advice I can give for the Sonic Heroes stage.

Get rid of ice pickups, they are usless and quite often don't actually destroy the cards. Hot rods are great if you use them after you pass a bonus checkpoint, otherwise the blast will destroy them and you loose time. The normal glove, use the moment you get it. Super glove, save it, use it for either tough waves or as an emergency shield. But never keep it for an entire run as you risk missing out on boosts and other items that can help.

If you don't have at least 20-30 seconds on the clock when you're at wave 7. Quit.

Oh the idea about using the slot machine... it's not worth it, I spent 50 tokens and was rewarded with twister impacts stunning less.

One othe idea I had, can you do this in split screen? If so, would it reduce the number of cars?

I have one more traffic attack to do, and I'm not looking forward to it, in fact I've spent the best part of 3 hours just sat here swearing at the game.

Right... I just this second managed to beat Sonic Heroes traffic attack.

When I had 3 gates left, I had 20 seconds on the clock, I finished on 0 seconds. It was that close. Traffic attack is far too hard right now. Even though I've just beaten it, I don't think I could do it again, or at least I'd spend another 3 hours or so trying, it's that difficult.

Whilst the waves of traffic are the same, the problem is when you encounter them, it can completely ruin you if you arrive too late or too soon. At one point I had the bonus checkpoint driving in a convoy, beside the side of the track, to the right of them was a green car... so how was I supposed to get it?

Best advice I can give for the Sonic Heroes stage.

Get rid of ice pickups, they are usless and quite often don't actually destroy the cards. Hot rods are great if you use them after you pass a bonus checkpoint, otherwise the blast will destroy them and you loose time. The normal glove, use the moment you get it. Super glove, save it, use it for either tough waves or as an emergency shield. But never keep it for an entire run as you risk missing out on boosts and other items that can help.

If you don't have at least 20-30 seconds on the clock when you're at wave 7. Quit.

Oh the idea about using the slot machine... it's not worth it, I spent 50 tokens and was rewarded with twister impacts stunning less.

One othe idea I had, can you do this in split screen? If so, would it reduce the number of cars?

I have one more traffic attack to do, and I'm not looking forward to it, in fact I've spent the best part of 3 hours just sat here swearing at the game.

nope, split screen ramps up the difficulty tenfold, it's ridiculous, still can't beat Shibuya Downtown traffic attack, it's so hard :c

I've used Sonic and his standard mod for each one.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a character/mod combo that = "you win!" by any chance?

I don't suppose anyone knows of a character/mod combo that = "you win!" by any chance?

Sonic + Boost or Super Speed Mod goes very well together.

I got 176 stars and the game on expert it's really fucked...

The Traffic Attack always breaks me, is damn hard, really, I can't win...

Really enjoy the game, I like the difficulty but i'm tire of doing the World Tour again for the 232 Stars...

BTW... I think Tails, Joe Musashi, Amigo and AGES are the OP characters of the game... Look the stats, they have more stats than the others...

What do you think?

PD: Sorry for my english.

Collected all the stars in World Tour and finished all of GP on Expert. Now to do the same on the Xbox version =P

Man I love this game! The challenge is brilliant!

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Knuckles + Handling mod. Speed isn't important, but control is. I was like you on those events, properly cursing like a trooper, when I switched, I was like 'Oh, I see...'

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm confused with released dates ASRT on PS Vita. There are dates on the U.S. playstation.com, it says that the game will be released on November 20. Other sources say that it will be released on December 11 (Europe, America). If the exact date of release, S0L? :3

Edited by Woun

I'm confused with released dates ASRT on PS Vita. There are dates on the U.S. playstation.com, it says that the game will be released on November 20. Other sources say that it will be released on December 11 (Europe, America). If the exact date of release, S0L? :3

Honestly, we don't know. I'll chase SEGA to see if they can clear it up. I suspect it'll be closer to the 11th December, can't see it hitting tomorrow...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

S0L, you don't happen to know if Sega is going to release the rest of the character renders, do you? Metal Sonic, Pudding and Gum are waiting for their renders...well, and I am, too!

By the way, just out of curiosity, why did you decide to use Pudding's voice clips from the first SC5? She could have awesome lines like "The scoop is mine!", "Get your coverage from Channel 42!", "Come on sister, get with it!" or "Are you the clumsy one?", but now, the only line I frequently hear from her is "Yes!"...

Edited by LukA8

Btw

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov 19, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, the new racing game where players speed across land, air and water in fully transforming vehicles has shipped to retailers nationwide. The high octane adventure debuts on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii U system from Nintendo today. Gamers will get the chance to test their racing abilities as an All-Star cast of SEGA characters including Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and others. Special guest racers include NASCAR star Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph from the Disney animated film of the same name.

"We have created a fun and engaging experience for gamers of all ages to fulfill their need for speed on the race track," said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America. "By incorporating new atypical video game characters like Wreck-It Ralph and Danica Patrick into Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed we've also expanded the Sonic franchise to mainstream America." This is no ordinary race. The brand new dynamic environments and tracks in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are once again inspired by SEGA's illustrious gaming history. Each of the 16 tracks feels different - the courses change and each player must master their transforming vehicle across all terrains to finish first. When the road falls away beneath you on Temple Trouble track inspired by Super Monkey Ball, your car transforms into a boat and speeds down the rivers and rapids, while the Panzer Dragoon-inspired track, Dragon Canyon, takes you into the sky in complete control of your plane, barrel rolling to out-maneuver rivals and obstacles before transforming back in to a car and racing to the finish line. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed also sees the popular All-Star moves return for each playable character with a brand new mechanic allowing your All-Star bar to power up faster if you race daringly and stylishly. The obstacles are also kicked up, allowing players an advantage over their opponents when they release bees and remote control cars to slow down their competitors. The game also includes a range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle Arenas and World Tour.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Nintendo's Wii U system, and is rated E 10+ for Animated Blood, Mild Cartoon Violence, and Mild Language. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for PlayStation® Vita system, Nintendo 3DS hand-held system (rated E for Everyone) and Windows PC via digital download will be coming soon.

For more information about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, please visit

; to download SEGA game assets, please visit

About SEGA® of America, Inc.

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including Windows PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment.

SEGA® of America's Web site is located at

Microsoft, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SOURCE: SEGA of America CONTACT: For SEGA of America Scott Durday, 212-730-7047 scott.durday@coburnww.com Copyright Business Wire 2012 -0- KEYWORD: United States

North America

California INDUSTRY KEYWORD: Entertainment

Electronic Games

Technology

Consumer Electronics

Software SUBJECT CODE: Product/Service

SEGA is useless. That's a US press release and they already announced ages ago that the 3DS and PS Vita versions are coming to the US December 11th, so why are they now saying 'coming soon'? As for Europe, we still don't have a clue. Their website says 'Out now' and the press site says 'November 16th'.

S0L, you don't happen to know if Sega is going to release the rest of the character renders, do you? Metal Sonic, Pudding and Gum are waiting for their renders...well, and I am, too!

I have Metal's if it matters, long before he was shown as dlc.

And yes the Traffic attacks were a real pain, glad I got all the stars but it rewarding you with a mod for the secret character was just ehh...since I never use those mods.

Currently have star rank so I wonder if it's just a hidden xp level type thing or completing certain things in game gives you stars.

SEGA is useless. That's a US press release and they already announced ages ago that the 3DS and PS Vita versions are coming to the US December 7th, so why are they now saying 'coming soon'? As for Europe, we still don't have a clue. Their website says 'Out now' and the press site says 'November 16th'.

PSN Blog say December 11:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/18/the-drop-week-of-november-19th-2012-new-releases/

S&SASR > S&ASRT for me. Not having fun with S&ASRT. Wife says she's going to play with me at some point, as she too enjoys the first game and wants to see what this one's like. Will have to try out the multiplayer modes when she does play with me and see what they're like.

PSN Blog say December 11:

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

Oh yeah, I forgot it was December 11th SEGA announced for the US. December 6th is what retailers are saying for Australia and December 7th is what retailers are saying for Europe. SEGA hasn't announced anything for EU and AU yet, though.