Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Like I said in the ASRT thread, I didn't expect to see, let alone expect to hear Sonic in the clip! It's at around 3:20 in the video Hogfather linked to.

EDIT: 3:20, not 2:30 lol.

Edited by Lungo

Such a great preview! I'm still very hyped up for this movie. Oh and Roger reprising his role as Sonic... Kick ass.

And Q-bert... That poor little guy's expression... ;_;

If it's true that Mario and Luigi don't appear, then I'm disappointed and rather puzzled that Bowser would appear but not them.

Must be a result of all the slander against Bowser that you think that. Because no matter how much the Mushroom Kingdom likes to say that he's one of the most stuck up and greediest guys around, he actually loans his services for pretty cheap since he knows how hard it is for the working class Koopa/guy to pay for stuff.

Seriously though, maybe the Mario Bros and Bowser cost the same to cameo, but Bowser made more sense in a film about a baddie wanting a new direction in life, thus Disney cut their losses and just got him.

"If you leave your game -- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Seriously, the crowd's reaction is funny and whatnot but I wanted to hear bloody Sonic for crying out loud!

What did you think they were gonna do, just sit there and be quiet so the youtube audience could enjoy it? Of course they were gonna go ape!

• Thumbs Up 4

What did you think they were gonna do, just sit there and be quiet so the youtube audience could enjoy it? Of course they were gonna go ape!

True.

Very true.

Still I would have liked to hear Sonic's full line. :P

"If you leave your game -- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Seriously, the crowd's reaction is funny and whatnot but I wanted to hear bloody Sonic for crying out loud!

It's nice to see that Sonic still has that effect on people...

• Thumbs Up 1

How much do you wanna bet, Sonic Sez: Do not die, is going to end up being a plot point later on in the film? Since Ralph goes outside his own game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, that Q*bert scene was my favorite part of it I think. Sadfaces were had, D;.

That Sonic part was pretty awesome though. As much as I wanted to hear the whole line like the rest of you, I don't think I would have gotten so pumped up about him without having that crowd reaction there, it was pretty great.

I would've loved this movie regardless of the cameos. The fact that we're getting a movie based on the video game world is something I've always wanted to see, and here it is. The cameos just sweeten the deal, I mean, I already would've been ecstatic if we got knock-off look-a-likes of popular gaming characters, but the real deals? Best thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is just amazing. I wish I could hear what Sonic said but what can you expect, they're excited. And so am I! Why February? WHYYY??

Mind you, I'm not just excited about cameos. There's also the videogame references/jokes, the main characters and of course the story!

I am really liking the looks of this, and that Sonic cameo is really awesome!

On that note however, It does bring in an interesting point. I can safely assume that maybe one or two of you have played a video game before? Anyone? I see a couple hands. Okay, now I want you to dig down into your memories, and try to think up all the times you died when playing, especially on your first time through any game.

Go ahead. I can wait.

Okay I lied. Now, think of some examples of the times whatever killed you was either something you didn't see coming, the result of a careless mistake, or something unavoidable. You know, that pit you thought was a safe jump until some tiny fast enemy jumped out and met you halfway, forgetting that one of your weapons inflicts massive self-damage, or THAT ONE DAMN SNIPER THAT NEVER AIMS AT ANYONE ELSE, NEVER MISSES, AND IS ALWAYS IN A DIFFERENT SPOT ALONG WITH THAT ASSHOLE PYRO WHO NEVER SEEMS TO LEAVE HIS SIDE.

Funny how often that happens, isn't it?

Now imagine that you live in a world without the consequence of permanent death, and then abandoning that comfort and entering a first-person shooter where everything is trying to kill you, and permadeath/nonexistence is now a very real danger on the first lost life.

I think that idea alone has tons of potential. I hope they give a concept as good as that some fleshing out, because I doubt there will be many or any more opportunities to address something like that in a story.

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 8

That Sonic cameo was awesome! The only thing I could hear him say was "If you leave your game" due to the crowd cheerIng. It definitely sounded like Roger Craig Smith voicing him though which is great news!

Yeesh, Sonic fans are annoying with their screaming at everything.

P.S. I saw Tingle. Awesome.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really loved that moment where Ralph gives Q*bert a cherry. They're nice, but all the cameos in the world don't change my feeling that Ralph himself seems like the most awesome part of the movie so far.

I'm kinda wondering how many people will end up liking this movie on its own merits rather than for all the Roger Rabbit-like cameos it sports.

I am geuinely interested in this movie and it's premise but considering the sheer amount of fan service it's gonna get more attention for that.

That Qbert scene though really touched my heart for some reason.

I shed a manly tear of joy when I saw sonic. Easily the best ten seconds of my life.

And I really felt sorry for Qbert :(

Yeesh, Sonic fans are annoying with their screaming at everything.

P.S. I saw Tingle. Awesome.

You saw who where?

Where in that clip did you see that monstrosity?