Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

...so the dual spin attack:

- Can just plow through any barrier and badnik with ease at high speeds

- With perfect timing by the player can use it to overcome most platforming obstacles, and

- For the most part can continue without interruption for as long as possible.

It's pretty much a rolling/co-op-based variation of the boost in a "classic" game. I guess the people who really wanted the boost in this game (Haruhi comes to mind) got their wish.

At this point they might as well just put in the actual boost, replace the roll with the slide, and add rails to the level design. It's quite clear at this point that Sonic Team/Dimps are using any possible loopholes they can find so they can put in more modern stuff in the game.

Edited by Zinos

I also don't see it as being fun during multiplayer. I assume only one person will control it while the other person sits around and does nothing. I mean, how can two players control it? Will it not move unless both players are holding the D-pad in the same direction? Who knows...

I'm hoping both players can "fight for control" and both are able to jump like the minecart stages of Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Like those stages, you seem to be forced in one direction, completely unable to quickly stop and turn around.

That is some OP 69. It's not quite the boost as it's not as fast - I liken it more to the Drill, except it can be used anywhere and bounces off springs.

Considering White Park is meant to actually be a park, so far we've only seen the park as being a cosmetic thing, unless it's because it's entirely in Act 2, which I find is kind of lame. More clever integration within the level would have seemed more interesting to me. It's the same issue I had with Ice Paradise in Advance 2 (aside from hating the music to death), that there's an entire city in the background and they did nothing with it, while the level design was generic ice level.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Why couldn't Jun take a cue from Generations for the music? I don't understand this backtracking. =|

Cause its supposed to be a closer homage to the classics...So I guess he wants the music to sound...classicy?

Anyway the game is getting a tad better. Went from meh to... "hmmmm" for me.

Edited by Voy-Boy

I'm sure too that the budget of Sonic 4 restricts Jun to synths and probably whatever he can play himself. So no hiring of bands or orchestras. Though one can do wonders with a synth, it's just what samples you're using.

I'm sure too that the budget of Sonic 4 restricts Jun to synths and probably whatever he can play himself. So no hiring of bands or orchestras. Though one can do wonders with a synth, it's just what samples you're using.

I liked Jun's work in Ep 1. Of course he's better than that but still it's pretty good. I couldn't hear Sylvania's castle music but the White Park one sound really nice.

To be honest though i was hoping for some Tomoya Ohtani arrangements and for some Alex Makhlouf genius stuff.

Here's an idea: Unless the 69 Spin is required, like plowing through that snow, DON'T USE IT! And you should be able to cancel it, so just cancel it when you get through the required areas.

So far, it doesn't look like anyone has mentioned how Tails is on the bottom part of the Title Card.

I mean, I know you all noticed Sonic, but how could you not see Tails? :o

Here's an idea: Unless the 69 Spin is required, like plowing through that snow, DON'T USE IT! And you should be able to cancel it, so just cancel it when you get through the required areas.

Edited by Michael Myers
  • Thumbs Up 5

So they have a smaller budget than those who can compose MegaDriveish music on there own PC's as a hobby?

Because its his living, and its those guys hobby?

Either that, or he's been told to create the music in a certain way, or he had made the soundtrack before Dimps were forced into making Episode 2 looking better.

Cause its supposed to be a closer homage to the classics...So I guess he wants the music to sound...classicy?

*cough*

soniccdsteam.jpg

*cough*

I honestly would like to know why they wouldn't go for real instrumentation, hell even rush/rush adventure had/has/still do have some amazing beats to them.

Not to mention Advance 3 with its end of the world feel of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gDakHeb4Y.

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 4

Which Sonic game had the best music sound track? My personal favourite is CD. Great music has always been an important (and popular) part of the franchise so why should Ep2 be any different. The music should be outstanding.

I do always find it funny the whole... "classic music only" thing because of games like CD and 3D Saturn. The first chance they had they were using vocals and more real sounding instruments etc.

I tested out the rolling and stuff and its not too bad... A little slippery though.

Good to hear. I was worried about "stuff."

• Thumbs Up 7

Ill see if i can get a vid. The guy at the stands giving me dirty looks... Probably from playin so much xD

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7165999

Let's hope he doesn't fail at video recording, like the people who did the past videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha i know. Im actually pretty excited to be able to show off the changes in the game. I have a vid that ill upload from my iphone alittle later when i get back to my hotel but its short because of the lack of space on my phone. I basically rolled through the whole level.