Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Based off that new video it seems that Spikes is the new Slicer, and platforms are the new barrel. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Balding Spider

Based off that new video it seems that Spikes is the new Slicer, and platforms are the new barrel. rolleyes.gif

Maybe I looked wrong, but at one point it seems as if when you outrun the snowball you can go a different path than if it outrolls you. That's pretty cool.

Wait, it shoots spikes? Didn't see it right. Judging from what I could see tho, it seems like it can be destroyed just like the original Spikes.

With a roll. ROLLING IS USEFUL AGAIN PEOPLES

N-no I meant it as a joke...since that guy was getting owned by Spikes repeatedly in that video.

I actually remember my thought process back when I played this game for the first time at this specific moment strangely. I recall thinking it reminded me of one of those rev-up things in car toy sets that were always being advertised on TV at the time, so I guessed you spin-dashed into it, and lo-and-behold that was it.

GameInformer have a positive article of their time with Episode 2 up.

http://www.gameinfor...-fans-hope.aspx

I went into my hands-on time with Sonic 4: Episode II skeptical. Sega has a way with getting me pumped for new Sonic games, only for me to taste bitter disappointment upon actually playing through a new title. Sonic Team really seems to be giving fans the game they want with Episode II, and the inclusion of two-player co-op makes the whole package a lot more intriguing. I like what little I’ve played so far, so color me cautiously optimistic to get my hands of the final game later this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do these people constantly say they go into new Sonic games with a skeptical outlook on it? Sega has been dishing out good sonic games since 2010. How much do you wanna bet someone is going to say "is sonic finally good again?" during one of their reviews. :-/

• Thumbs Up 8

Why do these people constantly say they go into new Sonic games with a skeptical outlook on it?

Some people can't let go of the past.

Why do these people constantly say they go into new Sonic games with a skeptical outlook on it? Sega has been dishing out good sonic games since 2010. How much do you wanna bet someone is going to say "is sonic finally good again?" during one of their reviews. :-/

Because Sonic games especially are in danger of that. And seeing as that happened with Episode 1, I don't see why one shouldn't be skeptical about E2.

These players are really starting to piss me off...I mean holy crap man, the game ISN'T COMPLICATED IN THE SLIGHTEST!! You run right, jump, use the HA and team up with Tails...that's all you have to do!

Lord have mercy...

What? That's too many actions! Whatever happened to just swiping the screen to launch birds or Temple Run as a whole!? Sonic 4: Episode 2 is too complicated!

• Thumbs Up 1

Still using(as) the same title screen theme I see...

I just want to here more of the music more than anything. That's the 'improvement' I'm most interesting in.

At 1:58 you can see that Spike hides away in his shell, meaning he can't be damaged at all. Cool.

Gotta love how the player stops RIGHT in front of a 90 degree slope.

After over a week away, Ken Balough has returned to the SEGA Forums. Expect interviews conducted with him yesterday to pop up soon.

http://forums.sega.c...earchid=1975644

Jason has interviewed him for TSS (and likely SEGA Bits) smile.png

Gotta love how the player stops RIGHT in front of a 90 degree slope.

Some things to point out in that vid,

The (Demo) title screen music is Sonic 4's theme, just better.

The Act title cards (loading screens I suppose) have a render of Sonic and the zone in them on the top half, though it's hard to see what else is on the bottom half

The cameraman loves to show us the graphics by zooming in to point out the horrible resolution

Sonic gains some rolling speed at 2:07

The slowdown in Sylvania Castle Act 1 is horrendous in multiple parts, to the point where it took the goal post over 5 seconds then usual to finish spinning. I want to say it's the demo, but sadly through the 20 something videos we've gotten, this is the only one to show us the second half of the stage.

Edited by Nintendoga

Seriously, why on Earth do the rings have such a choppy animation in this game? They were fine in E1. Maybe now they're sprites to save on resources?

Seriously, why on Earth do the rings have such a choppy animation in this game? They were fine in E1. Maybe now they're sprites to save on resources?

Perhaps its not really as well-optimised for Tegra 3 as SEGA claim it is. It is after all the tablet version and whatnot.

I wouldn't judge the animation and graphics on this particular demo really. I'm no tech whizz, but this is streaming from the device it was made to display on to the TV, so wouldn't this affect the graphics, frame-rate and animation?

I wouldn't judge the animation and graphics on this particular demo really. I'm no tech whizz, but this is streaming from the device it was made to display on to the TV, so wouldn't this affect the graphics, frame-rate and animation?

Everything else looks just fine. Mind you, I'm more inclined to go with Scar's explanation as the rings look dandy in the trailer.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

That looked...

Pretty good....

Hmmmmm........

See what happens when you get someone who can PLAY THE FUCKING GAME!

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 5