Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

I would reply to your refutes but you're coming off as something of a jerk so I don't think it's worth my time.

Yeah, just ignore that.

Anyway, I agree that we don't see much of Spider-man, rather than Peter. There is a lot of unmasked scenes. I guess that's a new fad because I'm seeing it a lot in superhero movies.

Seriously, this wasn't even funny on Family Guy and it's still not funny either.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

What are you talking about? High schools are still like that. Certain places may not be, but all of the schools around where I live are.

I saw it with some friends over the weekend, I thought it was a fun movie and in all honesty thought it was better than the Raimi films. I'm not a comic book reader so I don't know much about Spideys background or anything so maybe that's why?

This was the worst Spider-Man movie since Spider-Man 1, maybe even worse. It was decent but there were so many things wrong with it.

-Not a fan of how Gwen dressed for the first half of the film. I know she wore those skirts to make her seem plucky and independent, but they ended up just looking tacky as hell, especially when she wore one to Oscorp.

-As has been said before, the high school scenes were incredibly cheesy and outdated. I felt like I was watching a late 90's Disney Channel Original Movie. High school life isn't like that anymore, and it hasn't been for a long-ass time.

-Why is it that in one scene Peter's breaking everything in his house by accident, and then two scenes later he's got everything more or less under control?

-I also didn't like some of the CG effects, specifically those involving bugs. Seriously, did anyone here for one second believe that fly he caught was real?

-How come Peter Parker doesn't have the same nerd-funny attitude that he has when he wears the suit? In the Raimi trilogy, Peter Parker always seemed like the kind of nerdy guy who you want to talk smack about other people, and it seemed like, even as he wore the suit, he was saying the lines. In ASM, it seemed like Peter Parker and Spider-Man were too different people. In fact, his lines got significantly more mainstream and ho-hum when he took off the mask.

-Spider-Man's suit looks fucking awful. The black webbing pattern is barely visible, giving the suit an uncanny resemblance to the 60's cartoon mixed with a basketball. The blue is too vibrant, too.

-He spends too much time with the mask off, which means Peter Parker intrudes in Spider Man's scenes, which wouldn't be a problem if they were one in the same like with the Raimi trilogy.

-

I know that getting shot in the leg makes you crippled and basically immobile on foot, but why did it make Spider-Man so utterly inept about everything? He couldn't even aim his damn web! Instead, he misses and falls like a rock, all because of a leg injury. C'mon, Spider-Man! What does aiming in midair have to do with a broken leg, especially when you have superhuman reflexes?

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw this movie while I was in the UK, and I thought it wasn't bad at all. It's hard to decide between this one and the first Spider Man movie from the previous 3 films as being the better. One thing that did bug me was this movie having less details in how it portrayed Peter Parker turning into Spider-man compared to the first film from the previous three Spider-man movies. I do like how they portrayed Peter Parker adapting to his new powers though.

I have a feeling that this is one of those Summer movies that people will soon forget about until signs of a sequel emerge. I don't know, just doesn't have the same levels of excitement as Dark Knight Rises and Avengers have.

I have a feeling that this is one of those Summer movies that people will soon forget about until signs of a sequel emerge. I don't know, just doesn't have the same levels of excitement as Dark Knight Rises and Avengers have.

It's looked like that from the beginning, unfortunately. It could have been the best movie of the three and still wouldn't have garnered as much attention just because of how quick Sony was to reboot the franchise. As far as the typical movie-goer is concerned, it's "just the origin story again" (hell, my school year book wrote exactly that about it in their "Summer Movies" section. Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed. :P), regardless of how wrong that statement really is.

(hell, my school year book wrote exactly that about it in their "Summer Movies" section. Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed. tongue.png),

Off topic, but that's nothing. When Metroid Prime came out, my school newspaper labeled it as being about "a cyborg man on a mission". I think everyone here can immediately see what is wrong with that statement.

Now, for relevancy...umm...Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can? I saw it a second time, I'd be willing to see it a third if someone else pays for my ticket.

...Yep.

I just saw this movie today, and I have to say I loved every second of it. It starts slow, but it definitely picks up.

I'll give a real review later.

I just saw this movie today, and I have to say I loved every second of it. It starts slow, but it definitely picks up.

I'll give a real review later.

Didn't feel like two hours did it, at least for me it didn't, I want to see more. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't feel like two hours did it, at least for me it didn't, I want to see more. smile.png

Yeah I was kind of surprised at how long it was, it felt longer than it did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Lol bump:

Possible Villain, MJ Revealed for Amazing Spider-Man 2

Peter Parker has traditionally had two major women in his life: Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson. (No, we're not gonna include Aunt May.) And while she was absent from The Amazing Spider-Man this summer, it looks like the redhead of the group will soon be making her return.

Variety reports that The Descendants' Shailene Woodley is in early talks to play MJ in Amazing Spider-Man 2 for director Marc Webb. The film is about to start casting, and Woodley is said to be Sony's top choice for the role. The first film's Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will of course be returning as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy.

Character breakdowns are floating around Hollywood now, and they reportedly reveal that Electro is one of the villains "the filmmakers are considering" for the film. Additionally, an unspecified villain and Harry Osborn are also said to be in the cast.

Production starts early next year. The trade paper claims that means the filmmakers still have time to settle on which villain will show up, so I guess the basics of the script are still being hashed out? In any event, there was a bit of Electro-like lightning in the post-credits sequence of the first film, wasn't there?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/10/possible-villain-mj-revealed-for-amazing-spider-man-2

Judging by how inactive this topic is the movie didn't leave much of a lasting impression did it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this will be a portrayal of Mary Jane more faithful to the comic version than the Raimni version was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh good an African American with electric based superpowers. We've never had that before.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh good an African American with electric based superpowers. We've never had that before.

Lol, come to think of it we do see that a lot with comic book heroes.

• 1 month later...

We've got our new Harry Osborn! Just confirmed today that actor Dane DeHaan will be playing him. Never heard of the guy before, but hopefully he'll fit the part! Also cool to see Harry Osborn will actually be in this series.

300040_392342517508331_378771122_n.jpg

He looks like a cross between Draco Malfoy and late 90's Macaulay Culkin huh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully they avoid the traps of the generic love triangle, and keep Mary Jane true to her character and make her a free roaming party girl

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

It doesn't look like shit. Color me surprised!

It's actually probably the most faithful depiction of his costume I've seen. Hopefully that quality translates into the movie this time around.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well it's good that the suit doesn't look like an alien. Now all I need are official pictures of Electro and Rhino.

and if only they  would bring in Shocker, Scorpian, and Mysterio as well, now that would be quite cool.

you know I have always kinda wondered why they never brought Mysterio in, I mean he has been a major villian for years, and the master mind in most of the spidey spinoff games. I mean, what special effects guy Wouldnt want a supervillian who is a special effects artist, I mean it would be quite cool to pull of, especialy if they threw an artifact into the midst, what do you guys think?