Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

And now finally the reveal of Maya's new voice actress!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2016 at 3:01 PM, Athena Cykes said:

I just tweeted some stuffff.

Boma, that is Wendee Lee, man. I know that voice anywhere.

25 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

Boma, that is Wendee Lee, man. I know that voice anywhere.

The new voice actress is a post above yours...

41 minutes ago, Marcello said:

42 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Quote glitch. 

42 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The new voice actress is a post above yours...

That's for Maya not Athena. -_-

20 hours ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

That's for Maya not Athena. -_-

Oh. Well, I know for sure I'm not to blame for making that mistake! 

The new episode of Game Theory is out...and pretty bad. As in so bad because he didn't bother doing proper research at one point, therefore invalidating all of his research.

He already invalidates it by researching the US law, despite the game's having actually been made in Japan, and clearly stating it's based on that version of the judging system. It still falls apart in that in the English version, it's clearly established to take place in an alternative timeline version of the US where it's law system became more like that of Japan's. He also fails to mention the fact that with the exception of Rise from the Ashes, attorneys can give surprise evidence in the Phoenix Wright series, something that's literally stated by the fact Edgeworth for example can rig his evidence and witnesses in order to give him an advantage where he can pick and choose which evidence to present. This theory fails on so many levels when MatPat can't even take into account the simplest things the game flat out establishes. 

Edit: Oh my god, he still brings up all of what I mentioned, but insists he's correct, despite the fact in the Wright series, it's unbelievably clear that everything has been changed to a degree to allow what occurs in the game. Fair enough, there's one or two things he says that could work against Phoenix, but that gets dismissed when we already know flat out that Edgeworth, and other rivals in the game do the exact same thing, if not worst. 

But honestly, my biggest issue, is we don't know the entirety of how all of this works in the Phoenix Wright universe, meaning a lot of this can end up being dismissed as "It's different in the Wright-Verse".

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The new episode of Game Theory is out...and pretty bad. As in so bad because he didn't bother doing proper research at one point, therefore invalidating all of his research.

He already invalidates it by researching the US law, despite the game's having actually been made in Japan, and clearly stating it's based on that version of the judging system. It still falls apart in that in the English version, it's clearly established to take place in an alternative timeline version of the US where it's law system became more like that of Japan's. He also fails to mention the fact that with the exception of Rise from the Ashes, attorneys can give surprise evidence in the Phoenix Wright series, something that's literally stated by the fact Edgeworth for example can rig his evidence and witnesses in order to give him an advantage where he can pick and choose which evidence to present. This theory fails on so many levels when MatPat can't even take into account the simplest things the game flat out establishes. 

Edit: Oh my god, he still brings up all of what I mentioned, but insists he's correct, despite the fact in the Wright series, it's unbelievably clear that everything has been changed to a degree to allow what occurs in the game. Fair enough, there's one or two things he says that could work against Phoenix, but that gets dismissed when we already know flat out that Edgeworth, and other rivals in the game do the exact same thing, if not worst. 

But honestly, my biggest issue, is we don't know the entirety of how all of this works in the Phoenix Wright universe, meaning a lot of this can end up being dismissed as "It's different in the Wright-Verse".

And now they'll be a bunch of GT fans insisting it's canon cause Matt says so, even though he flat out tells them at the end that his statements are not canon. I'll just file this away with the "Ness is Sans", "Mario is a Psychopath", "Mr. L is the real Luigi", and finally "Phone Guy is Purple Guy even though it's impossible to some how manage to dodge all the killer animatronics after him, grab an axe, bust them up, and then hid in the spring suit, all the while the Animatronics were after him."

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who's played Trials and Tribulations will get this, but in  the anime it's confirmed:

8vsqnbdkerdx.jpg

Yup,  he still wears it.

Spoiler

My Feenris senses are tingling. 

So we've got a new SoJ trailer, and more importantly, finally a release date!

September 8th, oh, and apparently the demo is due on August 25th!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder that the demo for Ace Attorney 6 - Spirit of Justice commences today,  and I've heard reports that it's already available on the Nintendo Europe E-shop.

Hard to believe,  but Capcom actually bothered to officially localize and dub the anime prologue for Ace Attorney 6!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd never played an Ace Attorney game before. A friend of mine asked me numerous times to try it out, but I haven't had the money. So this demo came out and I tried it.

Oh my GOODNESS.

It was so fun. Like I can't believe how fun it was!  I always see people say how much they love the series but now I can understand why. I'm definitely getting the trilogy for Christmas!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished playing the demo.

I enjoyed it quite a bit!  The plot is pretty engaging so far.  The new gameplay mechanics are also pretty fun, though I think a little overcrowded.  The Divination Séance, for example, feels a little over-complicated, but it's nothing you can't get used to.  It's just a little annoying because the way it's programmed makes it so that you know the answer, but don't know how to present it.  Like, for example, how to convey something that is strictly time-based.  You have to hope the gaming understands what you mean, even if it is the right answer.   Otherwise, I think it's a pretty cool addition to the Cross-Examination formula.

The technical improvements are also pretty great.  The 3D cutscenes are very impressive and fun to watch, and the anime cutscenes don't seem nearly as hamfisted as AA5.  The voice acting is decent enough, though I still don't like Phoenix's new OBJECTION!  It just lacks a lot of the anger and force that it has in the trilogy.  My only real gripe would probably be that I don't like some of the scenes they chose to convey via cutscene as opposed to text.

Spoiler

The Divination Séance Dance, for example, isn't very interesting, visually, and seems to go on for far too long.  By comparison, the vision in the Séance pool of the victim's moment of death is about five seconds long and has comparatively stilted and short bursts of animation.  I feel like instead of a long, drawn out dance, they should have showed us more of the victim's final moments prior to passing.  Leave the Séance limited to just the chant and show us more of what actually happened during the murder.  Give us more clues to figure out about the moment of passing.

The demo also felt kind of short.  Granted, I don't remember what the demos of the other Ace Attorney games were like, but I remember them being a little bit longer.

Otherwise, I really liked what I've played so far.  I'm looking forward to picking this game up.  I just wish the game was being released physically so I wouldn't be using up all the space in my 3DS' SD card slot.  I really do need to get a bigger one of those.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

The countdown to Ace Attorney 6's release! Only hours left to go now!

It's already on the eShop, though!  Time to make a purchase!

*goes to the eShop page* Darn, I don't have a high enough balance on my account.  Better add some funds.

*goes to Add Funds and tries to add some money* "This credit card cannot be used."

...Just why.

Well here's some wondrous news. It's confirmed that we'll be getting all the dlc cases.  That'd right, all of them!

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice getting new DLC throughout the month

Posted on September 8, 2016 byBrian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 Likes

pwaa_soj_-_cast_key_art

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice is available on the 3DS eShop today. If you buy the game during the first week, you can receive a free character costume pack featuring Furio Tigre for Phoenix, a school uniform for Apollo, and a Trés Bien waitress costume for Athena. After September 14, the DLC will cost $0.99 / £0.89 / €0.99.

Capcom will release new Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice throughout the rest of September each Thursday. Two short stories are on the way, each of which has a unique pixel art 3DS theme. A full-length extra episode titled “Turnabout Time Traveler” is also on the way.

Here’s the schedule:

9/15 – “Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ($3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99)
9/22 – “Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ( $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99)
9/29 – “Turnabout Time Traveler” full-length extra episode ($5.99 / £5.39 / €5.99)

http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-getting-new-dlc-throughout-the-month/

• 2 weeks later...

Great Ace Attorney 2 has been announced. Apparently set half a year after the first game. I don't think the platform was specified.

I can't wait to not play it.

From what I've heard, it would be better released in the west as a duology anyway.  That's if whatever issues held up the first game could be resolved, of course; I've yet to be convinced by any argument that either translation or cultural issues are a sufficient obstacle, but if Capcom's being cagey over the Sherlock Holmes copyright lawsuit that was ongoing in the United States during the game's development, that's a different matter.

I can't help but find it strange that not only was Takumi not present for presenting, but also that it was Eshiro of all people, which does point to him being the producer of DGS-2.

.....Which could mean a great thing for the DGS franchise since Eshiro has a notable history of involvement in localizations. Furthermore, last we heard, the DGS-1 team had been scattered, so maybe this sequel could lead to DGS getting more a main-stream tier of treatment and development.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Spirit Of Justice, plus DLC, a couple of days ago.  It's another really good, enjoyable game, with a few negatives but a lot of positives.  Like nearly all the games, I found that it was kind of dragging a bit by the end, and I would have preferred it if more of the prologue cutscenes for each episode had been done in-engine rather than with anime cutscenes; I prefer the cryptic quality they generally have when handled in-engine.  It also seemed to me that there actually weren't very many characters in most of the cases, so often it was not too difficult to pick out the culprit very early on, before there was any evidence going for it...  But on the plus side, I was really impressed by the modelling and animation, and I found the Insight sequences particularly enjoyable to pick apart, so I was glad they were able to fit quite a few of those in.  They also took some fairly bold decisions in the plot at times, which I appreciated - though at the same time, Maya's return is mostly functional and she doesn't actually do much as a character, which I sense may have been one of the reasons the DLC case was conceived of as a vehicle for the classic cast.

I wonder what AA7 will look like.  The end of this game seems to suggest that they're getting willing to shake up the status quo, and after the Apollo Justice timeskip then I've found that one of the things I really like about the games is that the characters have aged and developed over the course of the series.  I guess I would like the game to be almost more like a TV show in that respect, with more direct signs of the passing of time and the characters growing up - which is one of the reasons I'm not sold on Maya and Pearl's post-timeskip designs being barely any different.  But on the plus side, Larry's costume change is fantastically horrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey,  better ya'll didn't see this coming!

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/apollo-justice-ace-attorney-coming-smartphones-winter

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney coming to smartphones this winter
by Sal Romano at 08:23 PM EDT, October 11, 2016.
Fourth Ace Attorney game set for iOS and Android.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is coming to iOS and Android devices this winter, Capcom announced.

Originally released for DS in 2007, the fourth entry in the Ace Attorney series stars up-and-coming attorney Apollo Justice, who works together with Trucy Wright, the adopted daughter of series protagonist Phoenix Wright, who has been stripped of his attorney’s badge, on four cases.

Pre-registration for the smartphone version is available here.

Witness,  Capcom finally growing the balls to acknowledge this game's existence again!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit, this HD remake is really looking nice at first glance!

Cuh8ujjVMAAT4Bv.jpg
Cuh8zCjUAAAXITm.jpg
Cuh83JWVUAAZfQd.jpg