Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Heyo guys,  we've got a whole new anime prologue for Ace Attorney 6 on board! 

I saw a rough translation for this earlier.  I wonder how the game's localisers will handle the...

Spoiler

"Dragon's Eye."  That is, will they be able to keep the obvious thematic tie and call it a "Phoenix's Eye" or something, or will they have to settle with a direct translation?  Depends on whether there's any more developed dragon imagery later, I suppose.

And of course this cutscene ends on yet another mysterious shadowy silhouette of a person,   who we've yet to see. Here we go again. 

17 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Heyo guys,  we've got a whole new anime prologue for Ace Attorney 6 on board! 

The video's top comments are killing me.

ARE YOU FUCKING READY FOR LOS ANGELES AGAIN AMERICA

DID YOU SEE THAT LATIN AMERICAN PROSECUTOR CHOP THAT BAG OF HAMBURGERS AT 1:46

HOO BOY

AH THE TRADITIONAL AMERICAN SAKURA BLOSSOM, WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO CELEBRATE OUR HERITAGE

This game's localization is going to be an absolute masterpiece.  Still Cyked as always.

Also, I don't think Nick is ever going to change his ringtone.

• Thumbs Up 1

The severe lack of Trucy so far in both the prologue AND the game itself has been me really worried. Please don't tell me they axed her. She should have been in the prologue at the very least. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lhancat said:

The severe lack of Trucy so far in both the prologue AND the game itself has been me really worried. Please don't tell me they axed her. She should have been in the prologue at the very least. D:

While I don't think we've seen her in person in any screenshots yet, she's appeared in posters in the background in a context which indicate that the second case of the game occurs in proximity to one of her magic shows.  Similar background images also indicate that more context is being given to the former Troupe Gramarye, including the introduction of a new member thereof.  I would be very, very surprised if she didn't appear in person; in fact, I'd wager she's next on the returning character reveal list now that we've got Maya out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

As for the upcoming anime, here is the full version of OP theme:

Well, well, well, look who decided to show up!

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o4wty5Wr4x1qkpnrw_540.jpg

If it isn't Ema Skye!

Plus, we might have a chance for Maya to finally meet her!

1 hour ago, Pink Cat said:

Well, well, well, look who decided to show up!

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_o4wty5Wr4x1qkpnrw_540.jpg

If it isn't Ema Skye!

Plus, we might have a chance for Maya to finally meet her!

Referring to this? 

Spoiler

aI2EiKh.jpg

Not a complete guarantee,  but it does increase likelihood. 

Earlier, Takumi made a series of tweets on the ACe ATtorney ANime:

Good night, everyone.
Last time, I told you I was present when they dubbed the first episode of the anime “Ace Attorney” but… tomorrow, that very same first episode will be broadcast!
Takumi here, even more nervous than I had imagined.

I thought about what this sense of tension is, different from when a game I myself worked on is released. Even though I was partly involved with the script and the dubbing session, the anime is something I “entrusted” to Director Watanabe and the animation staff, so I guess this is that special nervousness of someone who is neither “Creator” nor “Viewer”, someone between both worlds.

Anyway. Lately, I’ve been visiting the dubbing studio in Tokyo every week by Shinkansen from Osaka. For this dubbing business trip, I can basically manage as long as I have the script with me, so to me, who often forgets things, this should be an easy business trip… but I had a very shocking “forgotten item experience” this time.

No, I wasn’t so clumsy as to take the wrong script with me. Dubbing is serious work, so I threw it in my bag after checking. The problem was…”forgetting everything else.” By which I mean, “my wallet” and “my phone.”

I had already placed my Shinkansen ticket and my ICOCA card (it’s the SUICA card in the east) in my pocket in advance, so I had no problems getting through the ticket gate. Inside the train, I did my work on my Pomera, so it wasn’t only after I had smartly stepped off on the platform of Shinagawa Station, it was at that very moment that I had finally noticed my “unbelievably big mistake”.

“Well there” I said and I opened my bag… That feeling when I saw only a flimsy script there… As if I had been thrown naked into the concrete jungle of the metropolis. Ultimate anxiety and loneliness. …Ah, so I am just a weak, lonely being…

We are born on our own, and die on our own…
But when presented with that “truth” in front of me… Objection to your truth!
For those who have enough of doing the same every day, and want something to stimulate the heart, try it yourself. Your heart will at the least make a jump.

I survived that heartwarming incident. And tomorrow, the anime “Ace Attorney” will start. I heard through the grapevine that in the world of TV anime, the ratings are important. Depending on this, something else might follow. 17:30. I hope you’ll be sitting in front of the TV.

By the way, on Gyakuten Tsuhin they’ll post a two-part a chat between me and Director Watanabe (under the title “Discussion”) this and next week. Please check it out.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/gy ... mpaign=sns

And they also made Ace Attorney 15th anniversary website. “15 years? Is that an April Fools joke?” you might think, but it’s real. The statute of limitations for DL6 is nearing… Oh no. to think the statute of limitations was actually abolished.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/15th/

Anime “Ace Attorney”. Starting tomorrow April 2nd, 17:30. I’d be happy if you could see it real-time and become a “witness” to this first court battle! Please “watch warmly over” this show this half year.
http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31832

Within the anime,  came these two new TV spot commercials for Ace Attorney 6:

And this deduction of news has surfaced as well:

This week's episode of the Ace Attorney anime brought with it two new brief AA6 commercials:
Just Like Old Times Edition
Preorder Episode Edition

While both have some nice animation of Phoenix and Edgeworth in court, maybe the most interesting thing comes at the end of the preorder episode video:

It looks like AA6 will see the return of multi-witness testimonies! This was hinted at with a few of the bits of footage we'd seen before, but this is the first official confirmation. It remains to be seen if this is a one-off thing for the preorder ep, and if it'll expand to 3+ witnesses and feature PL vs PW/DGS' "questioning"/"Hang on!" system, but in any event, a little more dynamism in the court is always welcome! New AA6 info is scheduled to be shown on this Wednesday's Capcom TV, which means we'll likely get news tomorrow night from Famitsu. We'll keep you posted!

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31849

Trucy and Ema return! I'm loving Trucy's new art, it's adorable. :D

CfRYrM5UEAIhgk5.jpg:large

Source

Trucy and Ema's VA's have also been revealed!

Trucy Wright will be voiced by Chieko Higuchi
Ema Skye will be voiced by Marina Inoue

Source

Special thanks to CR forums for translations, images and sources.

• Thumbs Up 4

This game better has a Snackoo Throwing Animation in 3D or I'll be massively disappointed. :P

Seriously though, with Ema on board now, too, pretty much all of my favorite characters from the original trilogy and AJ are in the game (well, except Gumshoe, but you can't shove in everyone), so this is quite awesome. I just hope they all get proper screentime and aren't flanderized.

Details include a surprising fact:

Spoiler

Apparently Email finally got her dream job in forensics. 

Also, The forensics mechanics from Turnabout Rise From the Ashes, and Apollo Justice are also back, including fingerprint analysis and 3D rotation of evidence for examination. Multi-angle videos will be used to see inconsistencies using multiple view points. 

13 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Details include a surprising fact:

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently Email finally got her dream job in forensics. 

Hmm,  come to think of it,  with that change of jobs,  perhaps the role of homicide detective is now left open for Gumshoe.

• Thumbs Up 1

SkvGVeG.jpg

Ema's Artwork! I'm seriously adoring the character artwork for this game, everyone is looking amazing.

Also, 3D Object investigating and forensic stuff like looking for Finger prints returns! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Additionally, one of the scans appears to reveal the return of the most important character of all, Mr. Hat.

• Thumbs Up 3

This game's one big cast reunion for the series isn't it? Although it'll feel incomplete without Gumshoe, so I really hope he gets confirmed soon

Still keeping my hopes low on how important these returning characters will be to the plot, due to their inconsequential roles in AA5.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh cool, the 3D object examination is back. Always thought it was strange how AA5 left that out.

Also TRUCY AND EMA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Spoiler

I hear that Trucy's the defendant in Case 2 according to the translated info there, has this been confirmed yet?

3 hours ago, Celestia said:

Oh cool, the 3D object examination is back. Always thought it was strange how AA5 left that out.

Also TRUCY AND EMA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Reveal hidden contents

I hear that Trucy's the defendant in Case 2 according to the translated info there, has this been confirmed yet?

Spoiler

Yup, it's confirmed. Hopefully this confirms Trucy's more than walking panty jokes this time! 

So yeah, there's a Capcom TV stream going on at the moment, and the're at the Ace Attorney 6 segment:

lOhd6G9.jpg

And we're seeing Ema in action; might be listening to what her theme possibly is.

Also seeing some 3d investigation action!

2OCL2CP.jpg

5CGniOp.jpg

CsB4qzo.jpg

And now we're getting some Japanafornia courtroom action!

1FT8ahe.jpg

UpPk4iy.jpg

NhaiA5C.jpg

Got to hear some music too! And more voice-acting as well.

Back in the Kingdom of Kurain we saw more of that oh-so-special singing witness, Potdino.

vzD4ciK.jpg

sdSW4hj.jpg

And afterwards, we saw the Maya scene that they showed at the previous AA6 stream.

Though we got to hear her new theme more clearly.

Ahubu1026.gif

Some things (or  animations) never change,  do they? ;)

Oh lookie, new character animation footage! 

• Thumbs Up 1

So,  according to the Nintendo Inquirer, the folks behind Ace Attorney 6's ate A-1 Pictures,  the same people handling the anime. 

They have also confirmed that the animated cutscenes in the game will be done by A-1 Pictures, the team behind the on-going Ace Attorney anime. This marks a change from Dual Destinies, which had cutscenes by the team at Bones.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/04/07/ema-trucy-return-ace-attorney-6/

• 2 weeks later...

Ace Attorney 6 soundtrack to have at least 62 songs!

That's a pretty big number, assuming some of those songs aren't just remixes for the OST only.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Boy oh boy, is there a scoop in store!

As confirmed by the game's key art show here, Edgeworth and Simon Blackquill will also be official returning in the game's actual story outside of just the prologue and/or DLC.

And it also appears that Ema will too be showing up in Kurain Kingdom at some point.

Oh and there' something else familiar returning too!

Spoiler

Maya gets arrested for murder!

When a priest is killed in the middle of a ritual, Maya is arrested and held responsible, leading Phoenix to take up her defense. Also introduced is the revolutionary forces in Kurain, the "Dragons of Rebellion".

• Thumbs Up 1