Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I really hope someone rips the soundtrack for that pachino machine.

maya-1.jpg

Oh yeah, it's happening! Maya freaking Fey is finally back! And she's looking gooooooooooood. (Seriously, really digging her new Design.)

maya-2.jpg

maya-3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

New trailer:

Oh, not only is she back, but...

Spoiler

xGfNIKe.jpg

Also back front and center as assistant to Nick, just like old times!

Also, looks like we've got

...Z4xPndm.jpg

a release date of June 9th spotted!

And now onto DLC Eok3Xgb.jpg

For those who haven't played Trials and Tribulations, spoiler-free talking, Phoenix and Athena have got some ultra Ace Attorney 3 referencing threads!

Also, ladies and gentlemen, we may have found our Kurain main prosecutor.........Rj77qEJ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Leifa shows up in Japan/American court:

Wx6M0sM.jpg

And who else should be prosecuting at the time buuuuuut:

QvdxFdF.jpg

wWDBpB7.jpg

Achtung, baby!

(APologies for the double post)

Hmm, apparently we return to Nine Tails Vale Village at some point from AA5

bGlAPZK.jpg

And, apologies if this post doesn't get merged either but I'm in a hurry to update without missing anything:

3ds themes tied into AA6, one of which suggests Juniper and Blackquill showing up again too!

JqTnv4o.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, looks like in Japan if you pre-order the game, you get some short DLC cases.

Pre-ordering will net you a pair of short episodes featuring Phoenix vs. Edgeworth in Kurain and Apollo vs. Klavier in Japanifornia. Pre-ordering at certain retailers will get you pixel dot AA6 themes for your 3DS! And buying the game in the first few weeks will let you get costumes for Phoenix (Furio Tigre clothing), Apollo (school uniform), and Athena (maid outfit)!

While her outdoor costume is fine, Maya's courtroom outfit is, like Pearl's redesign, just a bit too similar to her old one; I wish they'd given her slightly more of an update, as they did with Phoenix for his return to court.  I see they did give her two extra orbs on her necklace to show that her training has advanced, though.

And hopefully the pre-order episodes will come as DLC or standard content in the western edition.

• Thumbs Up 2

FUCK YES, MAYA IS BACK IN ACTION!

giphy.gif

Looks like it's time to go back and finish Trials and Tribulations, and Duel Destinies.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Tara said:

Thank you, God.  I won't be upset unlss they do something like--

--pre-order eclusive cases.

(I'm on mobile so I don't know if that link says that only pre-orders get those cases, so I apologize if this is false)

They're exclusive to Pre-Orders.

And a big middle finger goes out to *drum roll*

CAPCOM

Pre-ordering will net you a pair of short non-canon episodes featuring Phoenix vs. Edgeworth in Kurain (with Pearl too) and Apollo vs. Klavier in Japanifornia (with Leifa and Jinxie). Unlike PLvsPW and DGS' episodes, these contain actual gameplay (cross-examination, investigation, etc.) and are exclusive to pre-orders. In addition, pre-ordering at certain retailers will get you pixel dot AA6 themes for your 3DS! And buying the game in the first few weeks will let you get costumes for Phoenix (Furio Tigre clothing), Apollo (school uniform), and Athena (waitress outfit)!

How this DLC will work over here (if we get the DLC) I have no idea.

I doubt we'll get a physical copy, and I don't think you can pre-order from the EShop

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay, Maya's back! I mean it was obvious, but still! Yay!

Now bring back Gumshoe!

59 minutes ago, Supt. Pikachu said:

How this DLC will work over here (if we get the DLC) I have no idea.

I doubt we'll get a physical copy, and I don't think you can pre-order from the EShop

You can preload.

That said, I doubt these'll be pre-order exclusive in the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the meantime, we've got a new and improved promo image:

91b4gDdz1tL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, between this and the cover of the boxart seen here:

Cc6So-_UMAAfNig.jpg:orig

Yep, Phoenix and Apollo appear to be getting equal focus and it seems Maya has replaced Athena as cover gal for the time being.:-P

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

In the meantime, we've got a new and improved promo image:

91b4gDdz1tL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, between this and the cover of the boxart seen here:

Cc6So-_UMAAfNig.jpg:orig

Yep, Phoenix and Apollo appear to be getting equal focus and it seems Maya has replaced Athena as cover gal for the time being.:-P

tumblr_inline_n9nqscn8qE1sktd84.gif

Sweet looking poster though.

Eh, there's still room for Athena there (at least, on the promo art, probably not on that cover), right beside Apollo. Makes sense since she's going to be his partner while Maya assists Phoenix.

But where is Trucy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2016 at 10:11 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

FUCK YES, MAYA IS BACK IN ACTION!

giphy.gif

Looks like it's time to go back and finish Trials and Tribulations, and Duel Destinies.

Ahem,  forgetting a certain fourth game are we? 

Also Is recommend playing the Investigations games prior to Dual Destinies as well. 

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Ahem,  forgetting a certain fourth game are we? 

Also Is recommend playing the Investigations games prior to Dual Destinies as well. 

Except I only have the HD Trilogy and Duel Destinies on 3DS.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Except I only have the HD Trilogy and Duel Destinies on 3DS.

Well for the sake of not being too confused, I'd suggest you at least hunt for Ace Attorney 4 on DS.

AAI may not be as vital, but since it ties heavily into AAI-2 which is widely considered one of the three S-rank tier games in the franchise, you'll need to hva eplayed that game to understand what's going on. In which case, I'd also suggest hunting for the DS game, especially with 3ds being backwards compatible.

AAI2, you might as well use an emulator, unless you want to sink a load of money into buying a flash cart for the translation; try something like Drastic if you want to take it on the go.

AA5 barely references 4 to the point where all you really need to know before getting into 5 is that Phoenix got disbarred sometime between 3 and 5 and came back.

It also expands upon one plot thread towards the end (that wasn't even resolved in 4). Otherwise, 4 is easily skippable. The Investigations subseries isn't even referenced whatsoever in 5. You should play them all, but it's not essential to play these games in sequential order.

• Thumbs Up 2

That said,  if it turns out that Ace Attorney 6 is actually going to address plot points from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney as quite a bit of scans and a bit of the recent trailer that focuses on Zak's picture for a segment of time suggests,  then it'll give all the more reason to play that game prior.

As much as I don't like AA4, I do consider it essential playing, but just not to the point where you absolutely need to play it between the trilogy and 5. If the shitty cases don't piss you off, then the lack of a satisfying conclusion (seriously, the final case is just one big Deus Ex Machina, right up to the final moments leading to the verdict) most certainly will.

In fact, due to the unresolved cliffhangers, it might be better to play the Phoenix games beforehand so that you don't go into 5 disappointed that almost none of its hanging plot threads are addressed, much less resolved. On the flipside, Apollo has next to zero character development in 4, so you'd have to keep in mind that he's just not as good in his own game as he is in 5.

On 3/2/2016 at 11:44 AM, Tara said:

I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I really hope someone rips the soundtrack for that pachino machine.

Meanwhile,  I'm shooting for a port of some sort that'll everyday make it accessible outside of Japan 

In other news,  the reach of Ace Attorney  continues to grow as a collaboration has been struck to the point where Phoenix can even take part in the story mode:

Update: Ace Attorney collaboration, release date; Taiko Drum Master: Doko Don! Mystery Adventure revealed for 3DS

Posted on March 8, 2016 byMatt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS, News | 0 Likes

taiko drum master dokodon mystery adventure

Update: We’ve now learned some additional info: the game will be released on June 16th in Japan. Also, there will be a collaboration with the Ace Attorney franchise – the game will feature a medley with popular songs from several Ace Attorney games, and Phoenix Wright will be one of Don-chan’s partners in the game’s RPG-like Mystery Adventure mode.

Other bits:

– 4,800 yen
– “Mystery Adventure Mode” features the series’ familiar Don-chan and Kacchan
– Travel around the world exploring mystery spots and participating in musical performance battles to advance
– Can take Phoenix Wright on your adventure in the above-mentioned Mystery Adventure Mode
– 70 percent complete

The latest entry of the Taiko Drum Master series, Taiko Drum Master: Doko Don! Mystery Adventure, has been revealed for 3DS via Famitsu. Expect some more details once we get our hands on the full scans of this week’s issue of Famitsu tomorrow.

Like with most Taiko Drum Master games, don’t expect this to get released in the West. Still, it’s nice to see that the series is still going strong in Japan.

Source, Via

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo guys,  we've got a whole new anime prologue for Ace Attorney 6 on board! 

• Thumbs Up 2