Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

AA5 should have been called Trios and Trials or something...

Probably something more like "Trials of the Trinity".

In other news,  fans were nearly fooled into believing that Phoenix Wright for Smash was accidently leaked at this awesome video game concert @2:17

Until the connection to Snake's brawl model was made. Wasn't expecting an official live concert of all things to host fan-made footage in a lineup of otherwise official Ace Attorney footage. 

At least the music was still eargasm-grade awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Athena, but I'm not too bothered about this since I think focusing more on Apollo is a reasonable choice. Hopefully she appears, even if not as a main protagonist.

Apollo co-starring isn't too surprising considering his popularity apparently skyrocketed after DD, but it's still kinda nice to see considering how much he was ignored by Capcom in all those years between his own game and that. 

tumblr_nw653kczfp1rikc2ro1_540.jpg

Here's Apollo as he's in AA6!

It's funny how the official art we got of Phoenix is him being all super serious while Apollo here is at least smiling a little. I mean, this is kind of a generalization, but typically I see Phoenix as primarily "goofy" and Apollo as primarily "serious" (or wanting to be serious, anyway, despite having some quirks himself just like everyone else in the cast).

Also, apparently, according to the text, Apollo is described as being the protagonist in the Japan(ifornia) sections, and Phoenix the protag in the Kingdom of Kurain. I wonder if they'll visit each other on occasion, but who actually leads the case in the investigation and courtroom will be determined that way?

Considering the end of the TGS extended trailer,  I believe it's safe to assume that Phoenix and Apollo's paths will definitely meet,  intersect occasionally ( maybe even swap places ) and ultimately join up by the end. 

Yeah I'm sure they'll switch places at least once. I could see Apollo stepping up during a Kurain trial in Case 2, and that's where he'll meet that mysterious person from his past or whatever. And since that person is probably the main prosecutor of the game, they'll also go to Japan(ifornia) just to face off against Apollo there, and go back to the kingdom for Phoenix's cases. Unless the devs decide to mirror Phoenix and Apollo's situation and have two prosecutors, but as interesting as that sounds, I don't see it happening.

Speaking of the final case of the game though, I do wonder how they'll bring it all together in the end. Maybe we'll get a case in Japan(ifornia) that brings in the gimmick of the Kurain trials, for whatever reason?

Apollo's focus in AA5 was much better than in his own game but still wasn't enough, looking back on it. I really hope he makes a real name for himself in 6 like Phoenix managed to do in the trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahem, we now have access to the full Famitsu scans! Image

This one introduces Apollo, and makes the specific confirmation of him and Phoenix as "double protagonists". While Phoenix leads the venture on  trials in Kurain Kingdom, Apollo takes charge of the ones back in America/Japan.

As for Gaspen Payne who is also shown, apparently he was chased out of Japanamerica's legal profession after AA5 and has set up shop as an "undefeated' prosecutor in Kurain Kingdom. That appears to be what attained him his position as Chief Prosecutor there. Not so tough for even a Payne when there are no defense attorneys around.

The rest of the article is a reviewing of the Spirit Vision system, which was shown at TGS.

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 1

But what if I need my dose of Apollo/Athena shipping in this game?  What if I neeeeeed it?

But really, I'm glad to see Apollo getting more good (hopefully good anyway) treatment after his debut game sort of... yeah.  I'm interested to see what he goes through in this game and how the dual-protagonist thing works out.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro2_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro1_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro3_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro6_1280.png

Some new screens from the website, including clear art for the main cast so far.

Gaspen has a crown, does that make him a royal Payne.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes I wonder what happened to Winston but honestly I fully believe that Gaspen is just Winston in disguise and with a wig....

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro2_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro1_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro3_1280.jpgtumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nw8marka6S1rikc2ro6_1280.png

Some new screens from the website, including clear art for the main cast so far.

Gaspen has a crown, does that make him a royal Payne.

As for the profiles,  courtesy of Court Record Forums,  here's a translationte 2: Character profiles:

Spoiler: Profiles (no actual spoilers) 
Phoenix Wright
Just Attorney
"I believe in my clients' innocence. So I'll believe in them to the bitter end and uncover the truth. That's all."

Head of the Wright Anything Agency, an attorney whose spiky hair and blue suits are his trademark. He travels abroad for a certain reason, only to get caught up in another case and stand in court once more. Even in an unfamiliar court, he uses his mentor's values of "turning about your thinking" and "believing in your client" to uncover the truth.

Apollo Justice
Hot-Blooded Lawyer
"I'm - I'm fine! Time to get fired up, Justice!"

A hot-blooded attorney wrapped in crimson suits. Having grown over the course of his many cases, he's now an indispensable part of the Wright Anything Agency. Even still, he never misses his voice practice, and you can still hear his "I'm fine"s echoing through the halls of justice. He has the power to "perceive" a witness' tells.

Leifa Padma Kurain
Mystic Princess of Kurain
"The oracle reveals only the truth. I shall speak for it!"

The princess of Kurain, who carries herself with a holy and strict air. She holds the power to call forth the final moments of a victim's life and show them to the court; this speaking for the dead is known as the "oracle of spirits". With this power to determine the verdicts in Kurain's trials, she stands in Phoenix's way.

Bokuto Tsuani
Monk-in-Training
"Sightseeing? If it's sightseeing you're looking for, just leave it to me!"

A young, lively boy who is a monk-in-training in Kurain. On top of that, he works as a tour guide to help support his family. He loves talking about his country to tourists so much that once he gets started, it's hard to stop him. He encounters a somewhat-lost Phoenix and becomes his tour guide.

Gaspen Payne
Wandering Prosecutor
"Kukuku... that proud little face of yours looks terribly foolish. I suppose there's nothing to be done for someone as ridiculous as you."

A veteran prosecutor who was chased out of Japan's legal system and set up shop in Kurain. Since arriving, he's never lost a case (much to his pride) and has risen to the rank of 'chief' prosecutor. With his ever-obnoxious attitude the same as ever, he tries to take advantage of Phoenix being on unfamiliar ground and take him
  • Thumbs Up 1

You think you've got it bad;  try being one of the many hoping that Iris will finally return in this game! 

I mean, I wouldn't mind Iris as a cameo, but her being in only one game, I can't really say I'd care for her to have a full, plot-important appearance.

The more info we get, the more pissed I will be if Maya isn't in this.

It's hard to imagine this game not having Maya. She felt like she was teased in AA5, with Pearl returning and all, and this game is about spirit mediums and the Kingdom of Kurain. I'd be pretty miffed if she weren't in either.

Hopefully, if she does return, she's developed as a character. I like her chemistry with Phoenix, but I feel like the "goofy girl sidekick" trope has been done to death with way too many characters across the series, and there's a lot of expectation for her to act differently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen Iris mentioned a few times in this thread and in the wider AA community, and having now finally played the game she's in, I have to ask... why do people want her back.  Her story is even more wrapped-up than Maya's.  I genuinely don't understand why she would return or what purpose that would serve; her story is entirely complete.

Not to mention that...

She's quite likely still in prison as an accessory to murder.  Not very conducive to a return appearance.

It's hard to imagine this game not having Maya. She felt like she was teased in AA5, with Pearl returning and all, and this game is about spirit mediums and the Kingdom of Kurain. I'd be pretty miffed if she weren't in either.

Hopefully, if she does return, she's developed as a character. I like her chemistry with Phoenix, but I feel like the "goofy girl sidekick" trope has been done to death with way too many characters across the series, and there's a lot of expectation for her to act differently. 

I'd still like her to be a tad goofy, but yes, I'd like to see her as matured reasonably well, just as Phoenix has also matured since the end of AA3 up until now.

I've seen Iris mentioned a few times in this thread and in the wider AA community, and having now finally played the game she's in, I have to ask... why do people want her back.  Her story is even more wrapped-up than Maya's.  I genuinely don't understand why she would return or what purpose that would serve; her story is entirely complete.

Not to mention that...

Hidden Content

I think one of the fun things about the Ace Attorney series is seeing how the characters grow and mature through their experiences, so even with those circumstances being the case, it would still be nice to see Iris, but only in a smaller role.  I'm not going to be totally broken up about it, though.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm like a crazy massive fan of the AA series! Really looking forward to GS6!

The game has Apollo and Nick as "dual protagonists" so Nick is in Kurain, and Apollo's still in Japan (California). This is a nice way to keep all the old cast in! Have 2 alternating story lines. I just hope Yamazaki and the other writers can tie up all the loose ends this time! They have a habit of introducing international spies as the final boss and never reveal their real identity and the next game just ignores their existence XD

I will give the HD trilogy kudos for, errr, some reflections on the times.

DkxZzT0.png

I apologize for that embarrassing brain fart I just had. Sorry. No this is not a reference to the meme and yes the original did have this line.

Heh, now that I think about it though, this court  case takes place in the year 2013. Dear lord,  they predicted the future of the "Harlem Shake" big time! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Heh, now that I about it though, this court  case takes place in the year 2013. Dear lord,  they predicted the future of the "Harlem Shake" big time! 

Yeah, I remember when I played that case, I thought they were referencing the meme, and then I realized the game came out before the meme and it just blew my mind.

I should really get back to playing through the games again. Justice for All ended up really burning me out, and I only played up to the second case of Trials and Tribulations. 

Heh, now that I about it though, this court  case takes place in the year 2013. Dear lord,  they predicted the future of the "Harlem Shake" big time! 

No they didn't. Get off my lawn and what-not.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Well, if there was ever any doubt, that can at least be put away for now, since as of now, courtesy of Court Records Forum, we now have complete confirmation that there's gonna be new stuff shown that we haven't seen yet in this very month!

Capcom has released the schedule for their events at this year's Jump Festa, which runs from December 19th to 20th. Among the schedule is two AA events: a stage show focused on Ace Attorney 6, and a show focused on the upcoming Ace Attorney anime. Both are listed as providing new info on their respective topics.

The two events will run consecutively from 12:30 JST to 13:15 JST on December 19th (10:30 PM EST on the 18th, for those in the states.) AA6 director Yamazaki and producer Eshiro will run the AA6 show, with Eshiro, Takumi, and the TBA anime director to appear during the anime portion (13:00-13:15.)

Related to this, expect new AA6 news in Famitsu that week or the week before, if DGS was any indication.

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31639