Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

10. Least Favorite Boss

Malpercio

Baten Kaitos

Malpercio.png

FFFFFFFFFFFrick, I hated this boss. Aside from the weird-ass card battling system going on in the game making it difficult for me, this boss was hard. Not only did he have extremely powerful attacks to deplete your HP but he also had a variation of hit and heal moves that kept the damn battle going forever, not to mention instead of healing half the damage he inflicted on you, he heals all of the damage he hurts any of your characters for. Guess I should have done more grinding...but gah, fighting in a turned-based battle with cards.

• Thumbs Up 1

The second half of the Dr. Nefarious Battle from Up Your Arsenal.

The guy playing in this video makes the battle look more difficult than it is. Considering he does it first time with little strategy only illustrates my point.

Its just so boring. Considering you fight in close-quarters combat just before this, to end up in a small space ship and fire endless rockets is a terrible let-down. All I did in this battle was move up and down, not even having to move from side to side, thumb firmly pressed down on Square. Pft.

I don't mind timed escape missions in Metroid games. Infact, they're often quite fun. But this one in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is 30 seconds of running followed by a third fight with Dark Samus while trying to escape the dark dimension. You've fought Dark Samus twice before now, and it was fucking epic. But here, god no.

Firstly, you've got a scant 8 minutes to beat Dark Samus, 7 and a half really once you've taken getting out of the final boss arena in. The first phase is normal, but doesn't last long. It can be done quicker if you decide to take the time to get more ammo, but that also wastes time you haven't really got.

Then, while the previous fights were fast and fun, this one is such a stally waste of time. You are just sitting there most of the time while the timer goes down, just hoping you can attack. The attacks are slow, but sometimes decide to just hit you anyway, which knocks you and you lose your charge. This is important. But oh yeah, you can't go too far on the outside of the arena as it's lined with Phazon that hurts you ._.

Now, the main part of the battle is just you holding a charge waiting for the right attack to absorb, so you can fire it back. It's the only way to win. So in this timed battle it's a case of just waiting for the right attack. But if you fuck up, not only do you lose a chance to hit Dark Samus, you also lose your charge, and your health (naturally), which makes it so frustrating. It takes so long as well, every attack is slow and deliberate, just to kill more time.

It gets worse.

The worst thing of all, is that you have to do this after just fighting a gauntlet final boss, which is really hard and will take you about half an hour to do, so you're just like "Can we please END the game already". If you fail this, you do restart back on Dark Samus, which is nice, but if you rage quit, it doesn't save, so nope, you've gotta do the final boss and THEN this again. It's just bullshit, and because it's the post-final boss, it makes Echoes end on a sour note, which really hampered my enjoyment of the game as it's great up to this point. It also loses everything that made the first two Dark Samus fights fun. I hate the save game limits in the Prime games, sometimes.

Stally bosses where you have few chances to attack are bad: doing them while you're under a strict time limit is even worse. Fuck this boss, fuck it so much because it's a piece of shit. We had 2 great Dark Samus fights, did we really need a third shitty one?

Time Eater was bad, but at least it was only 3-5 minutes, and it autosaves afterwards. And while Silver is overall a worse boss, at least it's existence in 06 allowed him to be redeemed and become a great fight in Generations.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Worst Boss

phphp4jc7am.jpg

Rockman Steel Silver the Hedgehog

I really don't know what I can say about this that would surprise anyone. There is nothing even remotely fun about this. He can grab you during your flickering-invincibility time, catching you in an instant loop, and the only time he's vulnerable is when picking something up, so you have to clumsily run around the arena to put objects in between you and him to create an opening. It's a waiting boss fight, and it's barely functional.

My image of this character will forever be stained by three words. IT'S. NO. USE.

Dishonorable Mention

Saiki-ash.jpg

Dark Ash

Get fucked, Dark Ash. If you've ever played the story or arcade modes of King of Fighters 13 you know how aggravating this is. Fighting games have steep learning curves for anyone who isn't a regular player, and SNK's infamously cheap AI uses the most fucking infuriating tactics. It's one thing to have an insanely hard boss in a fighting game, but I busted my balls fighting him and even after winning I never felt it helped me become a better player or that I had learned anything.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 10 - Worst Boss

Ohhh this one is easy...

ps2df.png

Phantasy Star II - Dark Force.

(I'm going to keep this short because I don't have a lot to talk about IT)

This boss is impossible! I just managed to beat it once and I'll never bother to even get near this piece of tripe...

You see, this thing has the ability to turn your party members EVIL, your partners now will attack each other, try to run away, stop using techs, steal your items... but this skill is not the worst thing about it, what exasperate me the most is how this bastard does the same thing over and over!!! So you can pretty much end with an useless party (and this happened, EVERY time I fought it, I guess my luck just sucks) just standing there waiting to be killed (or killing each other) and pray for the Nei Sword to ever work it's magic.

So basically, my only chance of beating this guy is with luck!?

Yeah, right...

(Dis)Honorable mentions:

ddd1tb0.th.gif

The King of Fighters 2001 - "The lovable" Igniz.

Mostly because I find KOF2k1 to be the shittiest game of the franchise (haven't played XII and I doubt I ever will), and this particular SNK boss is just another proof of how bad that game was. (awful music, awful battle, awful story, etc.)

And...

Time_Eater.png

Sonic Generations - Time Eater.

I don't remember ever being so bored at a final boss... Not even with other disappointing final fights in the series like the ones from Sonic CD or Knuckles Chaotix.

HOMING SHOTS!

Edited by gato

Day 10 - Least Favorite Boss

Akuma

That freaking beast is overpowered as hell, it took me YEARS to finaly beat that fucker.

His skills are all about power and speed so his defense sucks but to hit that guy you will need to dodge that lighting fast overpowered moves.

Edited by Tmsp

Day 10 - Worst Boss in a video game

Any Boss in Deus Ex Human Revolution

dx3_logo21.png

i can't remember the last time i literally hated playing against a boss within a game more than i did within Deus Ex...

lets cycle through them shall we?

Barrett-bustshot.png

Lawerence Barrett

Relatively early in the game after Adam Jensen gets his augmentations, you're thrown back into Sarif Industries to do their bidding and investigate break-ins at their warehouses and biotech labs, after successfully breaking in and neutralizing the threats you soon figure out that it was merely a diversion to cover up a much deeper, darker plot...something connected to the attack on Sarif Industries at the start of the game, a hacker found at the break in leads you to an abandoned stretch of factories, you clamber through them, taking down a few enemies as you go until you reach the hangar lift... you soon realize its not just any old factory, but a hidden base of operations run by the same people who attacked you at the beginning of the game, the very reasons WHY you're Augmented in the first place! you see the attackers and attempt to follow them deeper into their base, its quiet, you walk out into a open area and you see 2 of the attackers at the far end of the room and suddenly... *SMACK* a clean punch that sends you to the floor "Well Lookie here....looks like we got ourselves a boy scout!"...."Get rid of him Barrett!"

Barrett, the first boss in Deus Ex is a tank with augmentations all over, his arm turns into a machine gun for fuck sake! (get it? Square Enix, Barrett...Machine gun arm... oh you) you dive for cover in front of you as he un-loads his hell on you from his arm gun, of course the difficulty of this boss depends on what items you've picked up, 3 frags takes him out instantly, but if you have no grenades prepare to do a lot of running around and shooting from cover...

second boss

yelenda-fedorova.jpg

Rhianna - Yelena Fedorova

you end up trapped in a computer core room with this bitch, her augmentations means she can turn invisible and release explosive rounds from her body, fortunate for you, you have an AI program who lets you know when she is coming for you or when she's recharging her E.M.P ability, she is quick and nimble and tries to close the distance with you to even take you down in close combat, her E.M.P blasts also cover a wide area due to the liquid on the floors and man, does it drain your health, to beat her you have to run around aimlessly until she charges at you, turn around and unload as much as you can into her before she gets close enough to EMP blast you, when she takes too much damage she turns tail and runs while defensively firing her double uzi's at you until she can vanish again.

annoying.

next we have...

deux-ex-placeholder.jpg

Jaron Namir

this guy...oh this guy... is pure stealth, the room you are in is full of mannequins that look JUST LIKE HIM. but thats just the start.

events within the game lead you to get a new augmentation chip in your body to stop the glitches you experience more as you go through the game, the game gives you free choice of if you choose to get it or not... if you get it, in this boss fight some bitch shuts down ALL of your augmentations, ALL of them Radar, regenerated health, speed, stealth EVERYTHING and you have to fight Namir blind, if you didn't get the new chip, good for you, you get to fight him with all your augmentations, but sadly i got the chip so hell for me. Namir throws emp's and grenades at you from a-far and tears you to shreds with his machine gun when he finds you, i forgot to mention he's ALWAYS invisible and his A.I is so much smarter than Yelena, he'll evade your fire and everything, he jumps around the stage like some robotic monkey whilst dealing a fuck ton of damage in the process... when you finally beat him it makes you feel like slapping him around more, seriously FUCK this boss to hell and back, never again.

never.

Edited by Freckles

Indigo, just write a gaming comic already. Your talents far exceed what this thread asks of you.

Any way, least favorite boss fight. No question.

Chaos 6: Big the Cat Edition

185px-Chaos_6.jpgBig_the_Cat.png

What the fuck is this shit? No really, I usually have a lot to say for each of these subjects, but that's pretty much all I need to say on this battle. This "battle" is either the easiest or hardest thing ever depending on whether or not you can get a grasp on this game's abysmal fishing line casting physics, find where the game will register the target under a crosshair, cast away and hope for the best. It's lazily constructed and serves no purpose; it doesn't even test the game's actual fishing physics to catch Froggy so even if it wasn't ridiculously simple and awkward it's a tragically pointless boss fight.

Runners Up: Kessler (inFamous), the cavalcade of Bane clones (Batman Arkham Asylum), Colossus 10 (Shadow of the Colossus), Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic 06), Any 3D Super Sonic Battle (Just Super Sonic; storybook final battles are okay in my book), the rest of Sonic Adventure and holy crap, Sonic has a lot of terrible bosses.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 10: Least Favourite Boss(es)

Sonic and Diablon - Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow_diablon.png

Minus the Final Haunt version, the different lead-ups to this fight shows some real character development on Shadow (non-canon, I know, but still awesome) with the Ultimate Life Form becoming an omnicidal maniac and demonstrating that Black Doom's propaganda worked on him. It was the world's last stand against Shadow, with Sonic and the GUN commander teaming up to take him down.

I only fought this boss in the 3 times I've faced off against him and I didn't enjoy them at all. It was inexcusably cheap, what with the large health metre that took so long to take down, Diablon constantly flying in the air with a freaking shield around him, and time constantly ticking away.. It was awful. I'll consider going up against him again, but for now, that's one boss fight I'll choose to avoid, thank you. I loathe this boss with a fucking passion.

Runner-up: Silver the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

06_SonVsSilv.png

Want a good example of a practically broken fight? How about this one? There's no reason, not now, not ever, as to why any gamer/Sonic fan should take this kind of abuse that the already broken game. One slip-up, and you're fucked.

You're backed into a corner? Want to try to escape? It's no use! INTO AN INVISIBLE WALL YOU GO. Lose your rings! Silver is already near you, and he grabs you again! Can't run away? How about this: pray that by some chance you'll manage to escape his psychic hold?

It's no use.

You may still know how to beat this guy easily now while still being ultimately careful (given that you choose to play this game again), but you'll forever hold that grudge.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 10 and my least favorite boss battle. This one was pretty easy for me out of all the games I've played over the years.

Time_Eater.png

Time Eater: Sonic Generations

Whoever had the bright idea for making the controls for this boss fight loose should be forced to play this without getting hit once. Also the Time Eater theme was pretty boring and didn't have the intensity of the previous battle themes. At least the music issue could be solved by using the change music option in the game but can't do anything about the controls. The design of the Time Eater was a mixed bag for me but I just wish that it was bit more scary.

For the few familiars with the game's origins it's time for a twist, albeit a predictable one after last day provided an obvious counterpoint.

Day 10 - Worst / Least Favorite Boss Battle.

ssmb_gametopic_starwing.png

Great Commander

Some bosses are easy, some are tough. A few are so hard that they may be quite frustrating to fight. Although I am not having as much difficulties now as I did earlier in time, there is always one boss in this game which stands out in terms of frustration and time consumption. Great Commander is the final level 3-specific boss in Star Fox and arguably the most powerful out of of Andross' three most advanced and dangerous killers. When you first encounter this boss in the air space above Venom, it floats around in pieces and uses very basic attacks against you while assembling itself to one big spaceship as if it was made out of Lego. (Picture was taken while the HP bar was extending: )

greatcommander1.png

When I first came to this boss and heard the rare doom-like track play, I immediately knew shit was about to become real. It assembles and the pre-final boss theme plays, but then it flies past below me. The game forces me to turn my arwing 180 degrees, and there it comes head-on towards me, shooting laser beams and launching hostile lock-on smart bombs at me. This in itself was not so bad, but there are some really tiny parts of the boss you need to hit, and those areas only activate some few times, often when you already flew past it, which is the point where you turn around and go again. Its attacks really hurt, and just in case you somehow find it easy to deal damage, he has loads of HP as well. Even to this day, unless I am charged up with the best wing blaster and have five smart bombs along with me, defeating it takes ages.

starfox-132.png

When you finally manage to defeat its enormous HP bar, it goes mayday'ing down Venom's atmosphere, and thus you are free to enter the planet's wicked and excessively intense landscape. Right before you reach Andross' base station, Great Commander catches up with you, surprisingly still operational, and wants to show off some more. I just thought to myself that this should be easy, it spent all its power and energy the first fight. Well, guess what, not even close. Mr. Transformers disassembles itself and then shifts into an Enraged Ant On A Saucer, spamming out what seems to look like chocolate balls, oh yus plz! Contrary to real chocolate balls, these hurt like mad, and the boss spins around while fireing them berserk at all directions like crazy hail. They are almost impossible to dodge, and if you do manage to dodge them, you would not be able to damage the boss because it does not really give you much of a break every once in a while. The only way I manage to beat this boss these days is to nuke it the first five - ten seconds before it manages spinning up properly. Defeating its huge HP bar does not even kill him, but his final stance is at least relatively easy to deal with.

Pre-Final Boss Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbdesZCiUI&feature=player_embedded

I do not intend to say that this boss is plain terrible. It is a very challenging opponent, and I find it takes patience, focus, and depending on your current situation and items, a little bit of luck. You fight it and find a way through its defensive stance, and later on, its berserker stance. Just be sure to prepare and bring lots of items. Lock and load, and let the frustration begin!

• Thumbs Up 1

Right. Technically mine is not a Boss Battle, but....

31-1024x511.png

Ropeburn can eat a dick.So you are playing ninja at the beginning of the stage and after a brief platform section, you run up stairs and this pasty motherfucker decides to pop up and throw Faith off the fucking building. This is technically a cutscene so you don't have any control over it. In fact, the game doesn't give you any cues that it is at all playable. So after Ropeburn went Mark Henry on your ass, he jumps down and decides to finish you with a pipe. You still think it is a cutscene. At least I did. So he charges at Faith at fullspeed and all of the sudden, he hits Faith and she falls off the building entirely thus killing her and giving me a game over...What the FUCK!? Little did I know that you were supposed to counter him. Realizing this(I had all the red indicators turned off because I was a cocky little shit), I tried timing when to counter the fucker. I. ALWAYS. FAILED. I was so damn pissed off. This is the beginning of the stage or at least before the real action happened and I couldn't get by because of some bullshit QTE. Fuck. Then I got so pissed and hopeless about the damn thing, I just kept mashing the square button not expecting anything...and it worked.

wtfisthat.gif

So yes. This experience forever ruined my view of QTEs.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 4

Whoops, I forgot to do Day 9, so I'll add that in here as well.

Day 9: Favorite Boss Fights

Sonic Generations: Egg Dragoon

Wow, I can't stress this enough. This boss should have been the finale. Out of all of the bosses, this one outshines each and every one of them. I know some people don't like this boss too much (it does have a few bugs here and there), but it was probably my favorite boss fight in the game out of all of them. Definitely a top selection here.

Day 10: Least Favourite Boss

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped vs. N-Gin

I still to this fucking day hate this thing. I haven't played the game for a long time, but I can remember that being the only boss that I struggled with throughout the entire game. Its not that it was really bad, its that I had no fucking clue what I was even doing. I ended up beating the boss, but only because I randomly held down the X button and I got lucky.

(Looking at it now though, it doesn't look as hard as I used to think it was. I should go replay it and see if my opinion changes on it.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I don't tend to have least favourite bosses, because unless I really like it, I tend not to remember boss fights.

Erm, I'll try to get one on the table...hmm...

walkthrough_042a.jpg

Not This Shit Again [Aka ALL the bosses of Sonic Colours Wii]

I'll be fair, the boss content itself is just...meh. The fights themselves are very easy and not very satisfying, but that's okay up to Starlight Carnival. Now, who the fuck thought that it was a good idea to just completely reuse them again for the other three levels? The difficulty and strategy for beating them has hardly gone up since they first appeared and it just leaves you thinking...well, "Not this shit again!".

Hell, Sonic Colours DS even shook things up a little bit by changing the Planet Wisp boss. And that required more strategy than the other regular bosses on the Wii version. Even though I like Colours DS more than Colours Wii anyway for personal reasons, that's pretty poor.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 10: Least favorite Boss

67hx75.jpg

House of the Dead 3: The Fool

I hated this boss. This is the one boss that, whenever one of my brothers and I reach, we immediately die over and over again, until we run out of tokens or the machine won't accept the game card. Why is this?

I have never seen a boss with such tiny, moving weak points. As you can see from the picture, it's his hands and feet. They are never static, they are constantly moving. You have to shoot one of them enough before he reaches you or he'll attack, and if I'm not mistaken, when playing with two people, he needs to be shot more before you stun him. You need two people to focus fire on a single, small, moving target.

And then when he starts losing health, instead of lumbering at you at a reasonable pace, he just jumps at you, giving you a very small window to shoot the same hand before he slashes you. This is my favorite House of the Dead game, but man, this is one of the most annoying bosses I've seen.

Others:

Borderlands - The Destroyer: This boss is way too easy. WAY too easy. I hate it when final bosses aren't hard, I really do, it just takes away from the ending. And this is one of the easiest final bosses I have ever fought. If you concentrate on his huge weak point, you can kill him in less than a minute. Less. Than. A Minute. And your reward for beating this game? A pitifully small amount of money.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - The Lich: Lets make a boss. Give it a force field that requires you to cast some magic on orbs on the opposite ends of the room every time you want to hurt it. Also, make it undead, so you have to cast holy on it too if you want to temporarily do some damage. Make it spawn some extra baddies, and finally give it two spells. One of them will have an impossibly large area of effect and will stun them, just in case they wanted to cast holy. Make the other one do a large amount of damage and let them have no time to dodge it. Presto! The Lich!

Day 10 Elder Princess Shroob

tumblr_l7l4fuUorm1qbj9xwo1_500.png

Ah yes, the atmosphereic yet epic final boss of Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. God damn it I hate this boss. Unlike most people who play RPGs, I don't go out of my way to grind, as I prefer the challenge whenever I fight an intimmidating boss. But holy shit was this boss annoying.

At level 20, fighting Princess Shroob, peace of cake. Fighting Elder Princess Shroob, challenging, but still pretty easy. Elder Princess Shroob though, handed my ass to me over (yes I counted back then) 30 fucking times! I could not for the life of me, beat this boss. The fact that you have to fight two bosses in a row before her with no saving/healing, sucks. I kept using all my items on the previous bosses, and would only have shitty items like green shell and fire flower when facing her.

The pure frustration in fighting her and losing so many times has been burned into my memory. Maybe that's the reason I find M&L2 so meh, cause of the boss and it's ridiculous terms. Granted, I did finally beat her by carefully conserving and taking my time with the first two bosses, but the damage was done. I hate this boss for the sole reason of being frustrating, and haven't touched her, or the game, ever since.

I will give her one thing though, Elder Princess Shroob has one of the most atmospheric final boss music I've ever heard in an RPG ( right next to Bowser's Inside Story). Just listen, no seriously, listen!

• Thumbs Up 2

Least favorite bosses eh?

Boy the sonic franchise sure has pleanty of those...And I've seen each of the ones I want to name already listed so no photos this time...

1. Time eater: ok...I just don't get it.....they give you a lock on for a homing attack and a kick dash but for what? just so you could ram into the time eater and rub all over the core to inflict damage? And don't even get me started with the " THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT! BE CAREFUL SONIC!

2. Silver the hedgehog: ugh...and enemy with telekenesis + an already broken game = NO!!! "IT'S NO USE!" *fling *crash "IT'S NO USE!" *fling *crash

3: Sonic and diabolon from shadow the hedgehog: Seriously! Why was sonic even in this battle!? Diabolon is the only one to give damage to if you want to win

4: egg pinball machine (sonic CD) ARG! THE PURE FRUSTRATION AS AN 8 YEAR OLD! Don't make me relive it!

• Thumbs Up 1

So... worst boss. Also easy to think of:

sonic_cd1.jpg

I never got the hate for Sonic Spinball, mainly as I could control it pretty well and I liked the music. (Toxic Caves especially). This boss however, is evil. Not because it's hard objectively, but because the controls are so bad for the pinball that it beats you in the cheapest way possible. You have to randomly flip the flippers and hope that Sonic goes in the right direction. And he probably won't. It sums up my issues with Sonic CD really, I'd like it if it wasn't so cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Least favorite boss?

first off, look at the guy in my signature.

I really like this dude, but Evil/Dark Ash has to be one of the cheapest motherfuckers in a fighting game ever. But then again, SNK bosses are known for bein notoriously cheap

Tactic in a nutshell:

Distance himself -> Spam Projectile Madly -> "uppercut" move when you get too close.

And as per boss fight in a fighting game, every attack is seriously powerful. What makes things worse is that one of his Supers can totally block your super meter for a long time. What makes things even MORE worse is that he has an unblockable super move which, guard or no guard, can dish out insane damage.

Sinobu.jpg

SINOBU AMOU (KING OF FIGHTERS EX2: HOWLING BLOOD)

Continuing the trend of SNK bosses, this little twerp was absolutely terrible to fight. For one, EX2 is a GBA game, and GBA fighting games are somewhat of a chore to play. You know how I said that Dark Ash was cheap? This damn dilweed is a lot more cheap. Seriously, it's almost as if he has one move, and that's a tornado that totally takes off a lot of life. He has other moves as well, of course, that are just as powerful, if not more. What makes things worse is the fact that you have to fight him TWICE. and of course, he's a trillion times more annoying the second time.

eggman_main.giftails.gif

TAILS & DR. EGGMAN: ROUNDS 1&2 (SONIC ADVENTURE 2)

Well, these two were absolutely terrible bosses in this game. The first round can be finished in less than 10 seconds by running around and mashing the shoot button. LITERALLY. Round two isn't that much better, since you're in a more enclosed space and have to deal with those damn explosive tanks. also... let's forget this asshole move:

SA2_shooting_powerlaser.png

Edited by Alien/Renegade
  • Thumbs Up 1

283px-Eggsaucer.png

Egg Saucer - Sonic Advance 2

FUCK THE HAND

Sonicchannel_emerl.png

Super Emerl - Sonic battle

This boss is litterally impossible to beat without spamming your special moves and charging for 1HKO attacks, and if you let your guard down for all of a second you get caught in a combo that will kill you.

Edited by New Year's Cero
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic CD finale. You worked hard and even beaten the epic Metal Sonic race. You'd think they'd follow it up with a hard final boss. No. As I remember hearing "It's like you caught Robotnik on the toilet. He wasn't ready". This was just rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 10: Least Favorite Boss

Team Battles - Sonic Heroes

These have got to be the worst bosses I have ever seen. They can either be incredibly easy or so fucking annoying because of both the enemy's shitty AI and your allies' inability to do what you need them to do. On numerous occasions have my teammates randomly fallen off the ledge for no particular reason leaving me with absolute shit to work with when fighting these bastards. Luckily, much like the special stages in the same game, the battles are so incredibly broken that you can easily win without putting in much effort (above).

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 5

This one would easily go to Sonic Adventure 2's Tails vs. Eggman on the Space Colony ARK. The first Tails vs. Eggman fight was ridiculously easy (top score: 16 seconds). This one, still short, manages to be 100 times more difficult due to that cheap laser attack thing. My main problem with this boss isn't the exploding tanks in the middle, it isn't Tails or Eggman shooting at you, it isn't that special missile attack, no, it was the tightly enclosed space combined with the laser attack. It'd be fine if I was in a more open area such as the first Tails vs. Eggman fight, but this is too small of an arena, and due to the clunky controls of the mech, it'd be lucky if I'd even dodge that thing. So many lives lost due to frustration....