Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Don't think I've posted this but here are the previews for the next episode 

Hold the phone. Just Hold the phone.

There's no Gyms in Alola?

Yep Ash is going to become the champion this season.

I can also bet he will be training for the champion league or they will make up something for him to do while he is in alola.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've talked about this on twitter but if there's one thing I want with XY besides Ash winning a league(ha that's funny) is the Ash and Serena thing to be resolved. All this teasing and build up and it doesn't go anywhere then I'll be disappointed. I'm not saying they should be a couple since it's Pokemon and romance never goes anywhere unless it's minor 1 shot character. The thing is if Serena doesn't tell him or just decides "i should move on" it will be the biggest cop out ever. I normally don't care about shipping in Pokemon besides the Ash/Misty thing the obvious Jessie/Jame but this one they've been pushing since the beginning of the series.

Apparently some people from TPCI had told people at Supercon that we have been to/seen the Alola region before.

Who knows, it could be a rechristened Orange Islands. That region does happen to have a Crystal Onix that didn't have the typical weakness to Water and instead was weak to Fire. You know, just like Alola Vulpix and Alola Sandshrew do.

So what does that say about the anime itself? Will Orange Islands get an encore performance?.....Will Tracey and Misty make an encore as well?

I said before I would hate for Ash to win the Kalos League because the lack of continuity in the region aggravated me to no end, but if it meant that we'd be going backward and get a whole bunch of continuity and characterization and growth, I'd be fine with it, personally. Ash wraps up with winning weaksauce Kalos, then goes to Orange Islands, which has seen a tremendous ecological revolution in the years since, to prove his leadership skills in getting a proper League started in the area, then goes to Kanto for one final go-around in a Champion League to wrap the series up.

So, where can I watch the newest JP episodes of Pokémon? I don't care if there are subs or not, I don't wanna be behind.

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

So, where can I watch the newest JP episodes of Pokémon? I don't care if there are subs or not, I don't wanna be behind.

they usually go up on animerush.tv the day they air, and if not that then just go on youtube and do recent videoes on the XY series

• Thumbs Up 1

Who's ready for the Kalos League finals? I seriously haven't been this excited to watch an episode of the Pokemon anime in a long time holy crap. 

We also know Alain's full team

• Thumbs Up 1

I know the likelihood of Ash winning is slowly rising, what with the recent Sun and Moon news unintentionally hinting it, but my soul is prepared for the same old, same old.  Regardless, this looks like a total barnstormer.  Haven't been this hyped since Sinnoh League.

8 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

I'm a bit out of the loop, how does the SM news hint at Ash winning the Kalos league?

Because the usual "Fight 8 gyms, then fight the Elite 4" formula's been thrown out the window.  With that in mind, the writers may let Ash win, since this will be his last league for a good long while.  There's also the fact that it would make a good way in celebrating the 20th anniversary by having your lead protagonist achieve one of his longest running ambitions.

• Thumbs Up 3

So here are the description for the upcoming episodes 

Spoiler

CpIy8g8WEAEKKFc.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So here are the description for the upcoming episodes 

Reveal hidden contents

CpIy8g8WEAEKKFc.jpg

This all sounds like the groundworks of a better movie than that Volvanion one by a wide margin.  Luckily the visuals between the films and the show are hardly different, so I'm not that salty about it.

In case anybody cares Gamexplain did a discussion about the current series 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's does my inner fan good to see how much attention the anime is getting currently.  Normally, people don't bother talking about it, maybe mention it, but I've never seen the show get this much widespread love in a darn long time and that's a really nice feeling.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah a lot of people have been super into XY lately it's amazing. I guess that's what happens when you make your show GOOD! 

• Thumbs Up 4

Even though within the anime fan base XY is kinda divisive and not without flaws, it does feel good to see the "casual"  crowd get into it 

42 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Even though within the anime fan base XY is kinda divisive and not without flaws, it does feel good to see the "casual"  crowd get into it 

Really why is that? Is it because were still following Ash or the current companions or Serena being the first blatant love interest Ash has had since Misty? 

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Really why is that? Is it because were still following Ash or the current companions or Serena being the first blatant love interest Ash has had since Misty? 

Guess it explains why, for example, the Ash/Serena shipping thread on Serebii has more pages than any other shipping thread :P

4 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Recurring complaints I see from the fan base are:

* Few of the rivals being that developed or much of a threat.

* Too much filler which also leaves the story arcs compressed.

* Ash verging a bit too much as an invincible and somewhat bland ace character.

* Team Rocket back to being jokes always doing the Pikachu-napping formula and shoehorned into episodes they aren't welcome.

* Clemont and Bonnie sometimes being little more than comic relief and getting little arc development since Clemont's gym battle.

* The showcases being blander versions of contests, with stereotypical girly competitions and Serena winning too easily. Also that they took too long to be introduced, before which Serena was mostly just revolved around her crush on Ash.

* Plot armour and deus ex machinas a bit too commonplace (eg. the evolutions often being a cheap power boost in place of Ash's team actually working for a victory).

* The dub. Though this is a regular complaint with the show, XY gets exceptional flak for editing out almost all of the original music.

Not every fan agrees with certain ones, but they do pop up a lot.

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

Recurring complaints I see from the fan base are:

* Few of the rivals being that developed or much of a threat.

* Too much filler which also leaves the story arcs compressed.

* Ash verging a bit too much as an invincible and somewhat bland ace character.

* Team Rocket back to being jokes always doing the Pikachu-napping formula and shoehorned into episodes they aren't welcome.

* Clemont and Bonnie sometimes being little more than comic relief and getting little arc development since Clemont's gym battle.

* The showcases being blander versions of contests, with stereotypical girly competitions and Serena winning too easily. Also that they took too long to be introduced, before which Serena was mostly just revolved around her crush on Ash.

* Plot armour and deus ex machinas a bit too commonplace (eg. the evolutions often being a cheap power boost in place of Ash's team actually working for a victory).

* The dub. Though this is a regular complaint with the show, XY gets exceptional flak for editing out almost all of the original music.

Not every fan agrees with certain ones, but they do pop up a lot.

Sorry if I'm uninformed, I've been out of the anime for a while. I thought the dub always kept the original music and remixes from the games though. I haven't been on top of XY other than a couple episodes but did it really get significantly worse over the years and they stopped using the original OST completely now? Those arranges were like the best thing ever. :(

So I'm hearing that the final episode in the Team Flare arc will be an hour long special and has one of the 50% Zygarde coloured red for some reason (guessing mind control, or something).  Sounds boss.  I actually feel way less salty that this isn't a movie, because they don't have to be constricted to the usual hour and a half runtime and can pad things out nicely.  Not to mention the visuals in the show are almost exactly the same as the films now.

13 hours ago, Goldenlink64 said:

Sorry if I'm uninformed, I've been out of the anime for a while. I thought the dub always kept the original music and remixes from the games though. I haven't been on top of XY other than a couple episodes but did it really get significantly worse over the years and they stopped using the original OST completely now? Those arranges were like the best thing ever. :(

Even the Japanese original dumped the arrangements from the initial series from about BW (in fairness they were from now long released games), though still make new arrangements for the games they adapted. This was about the same time however that the dub started weaning from the Japanese soundtrack and making it nearly entirely their own. There's still odd tracks kept in the dub, but only the basic ones (mostly just the games hall of fame theme, Team Rocket's motto theme and the XY trainer battle) while the Japanese version is a thorough selection as with previous series. It's best to watch an episode both dubbed and subbed to compare.

• Thumbs Up 1

My biggest problem with the Dub is greninja's VA and the music choices in intense matches. Like this past weekend, Ash took on the Kalos Champ. The sub ran the greninja theme (intro of xyz sub). Where as the DUB ran some really odd music arrangement. The hype the Sub produced was excellent. Where as the Dub treated the battle like it was nothing at all. Greninja's VA is so crap compared to his sub counterpart. Kouga kouga....in the deeper tone makes him seem bad ass. As if he's going for the kill.

As for A-Greninja plot armor, I see it as evening the odds. His rivals have a mega pokemon. Gym leaders have Megas. Yes Ash has multiple pokemon that can potentially Mega evolve. But seeing the effort and dedication he put into Greninja over the last 2 years shows his progress. Like Ash and Charizard. Battle Frontier Charizard beat a freaking Articuno. But lost to something else. In BW He was considered Ash's strongest. I know it was a filler arc that was not needed but you do see Charizard stand his ground against a Dragonite and beat that ass. But like everyone has said. Adding his Strongest from past generations would make him an OP trainer. Bringing Charizard and Pika to all regions. That would be insane. 

I can never watch the dub knowing it lacks XY&Z whenever Ash-Greninja shows up, it just lacks the impact of awesome without it tbh. 

• Thumbs Up 1