Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Know what? I can actually relate to Ash: At first, he started at the bottom of the barrel, and he soon got out of it and became awesome and famous... and then something new and hard come along and he started to crash and burn to the ground...

Aka my school life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Know what? I can actually relate to Ash: At first, he started at the bottom of the barrel, and he soon got out of it and became awesome and famous... and then something new and hard come along and he started to crash and burn to the ground...

Aka my school life.

i have always had this alt universe that Ash is a prototype son-bot built by his Mom after she couldn't conceive a kid. His more recent screw ups are a sign that he is slowly beginning to malfunction, and they can't just replace him because they would lose his original conscious permanently. Thus he dies a slow death...

Isn't that just the movie "Ai" directed by Steven Speilburg?

Anyway watched the Unova League again and all it did was make me angry with everything, god I hate Cameron so much.

i have always had this alt universe that Ash is a prototype son-bot built by his Mom after she couldn't conceive a kid. His more recent screw ups are a sign that he is slowly beginning to malfunction, and they can't just replace him because they would lose his original conscious permanently. Thus he dies a slow death...

sorry but this is as Looney as the theory that Ash is unconscious and dreaming this adventure which is why he isn't aging

• Thumbs Up 1

sorry but this is as Looney as the theory that Ash is unconscious and dreaming this adventure which is why he isn't aging

I:D.

Isn't that just the movie "Ai" directed by Steven Speilburg?

Anyway watched the Unova League again and all it did was make me angry with everything, god I hate Cameron so much.

Why would you make yourself angry, you're supposed to be the positive one.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

In Unova I liked how a lot of characters from the past showed up, not just the girl from the last season (You know, how Misty visited Hoenn, and May visited Sinnoh. I love Misty and May, but there were other characters from past seasons I missed as well. Like Barry). I guess it was because it was a big anniversary for the anime series. However I hope they do something similar in X and Y. 

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

The only significant pre-Unova characters that made appearances in Best Wishes are Professor Oak, Dawn, Cynthia, Tracey via TV, and Misty and Brock via a flashback. No other past main character or rival has made an appearance.

Has Gary ever even appeared in the anime since Chronicles? It was nice that him and Ash became friends in the end but, I kinda wish he'd stayed Ash's main rival as opposed to becoming a fossil expert or whatever it was he did.

He appeared a few times in DP, then dropped off the plane of existance aside from maybe one ending only Japan ever gets.

Gary appeared again near the end of Advance Generation where he and Ash had another battle which ended in a decisive victory for Gary and knocked Ash down a peg after beating the Battle Frontier.

He also had a couple appearances in DP where he and Ash worked together to protect some Sheildon, taught Ash's Gligar to become more confident in itself, and also to protect one of three Sinnoh lakes from Team Galatic.

Edited by Soniman

It was pretty not good. I probably would have liked it more if it focused more on Keldeo and his journey of redemption rather than take part in a overly long, repetitive chase sequence orchestrated by Kyruem which takes up the whole movie with Ash and the gang tacked on just because.

It was pretty not good. I probably would have liked it more if it focused more on Keldeo and his journey of redemption rather than take part in a overly long, repetitive chase sequence orchestrated by Kyruem which takes up the whole movie with Ash and the gang tacked on just because.

Which is kind of the general formula for the majority of the movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Turns out the episode with Brock is a special episode to take place between Best Wishes and the XY anime, similar to how Dawn and Brock got a special episode each between DP and Best Wishes.

The episode's called "Cilan and Brock! Gyarados' Outrage!!" and will be out on October 3rd.

It would make sense for Iris's segment to be its own special as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh joy, I hope they have the extended version of "its Always You and Me" in this movie, since its my favorite of dubbed themes.

As for the movie itself, going by Spin Ataxx's many rants on it, and the fact that I haven't really liked a Pokemon movie in years (or whenever Manaphy was) , I'm kepping expectations low.... And since its comming out around the same time as Origins, that's more reason to not care that much.

Edited by Soniman

The last Pokemon movie I really enjoyed was probably Pokemon 4Ever. The quality has declined since those days, which is odd to say considering 4Kids did the dubs. And I really can't stand the new voice cast, especially Ash's voice. It really grates on me and almost every female character has the same 3 voice actors.

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gotta love how it keeps Mewtwo silent the whole time.

Probably to stall the inevitable backlash.

Oh yeah, and poster:

424px-M16_English_poster_alternate.jpg

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I gotta wonder if the English version will keep the female voice and new origin for Mewtwo, or if they'll rewrite it so this IS the original Mewtwo.

It did sound like Ash recognised Mewtwo in the English trailer, so... Maybe?

I gotta wonder if the English version will keep the female voice and new origin for Mewtwo, or if they'll rewrite it so this IS the original Mewtwo.

It did sound like Ash recognised Mewtwo in the English trailer, so... Maybe?

Sadly, that was from an old Japanese trailer, where the same thing happened.

And knowing the dub's tendency to not take liberties with characters like the way you suggest, then, well, let's just say they might want to start investing in those steel doors that withstand any force.

I could see the 4kids era dubbing crew doing that, possibly. It could've gone either way.

These days, I think I'll just stick to the show itself, the latest movies just don't appeal to me like the pre-Sinnoh ones (and even the Dialga VS Palkia one was entertaining IMO). Hopefully the movies become watchable again someday, but eh.

Talking about the movie, how does Mewtwo mega evolve without a Mega Stone and a trainer to activate it?

Did they even thought about it? Why does GameFreak allow stuff like this to happen?