Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Some trainer has a Corviknight during the league, and Lana's Eevee somehow evolves into the gen8 eeveelution. Perhaps some way of leading into Ash's journey to Galar after the league.

• Thumbs Up 1

With the announcement that the RotomDex is returning, I hope we see the same Rotom join Ash in Galar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rotomdex will be the new Brock, the character who overstays their welcome and everyone gets sick of.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, precita said:

Rotomdex will be the new Brock, the character who overstays their welcome and everyone gets sick of.

Except lots of people, like me, actually enjoyed Brock as he stayed. And as for my feelings on RotomDex, well; he's okay.

Anyways, can't wait for Ash to not remember the Island of the Giant Pokémon when he sees Dynamaxing for the first time.

29 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Except lots of people, like me, actually enjoyed Brock as he stayed. And as for my feelings on RotomDex, well; he's okay.

Anyways, can't wait for Ash to not remember the Island of the Giant Pokémon when he sees Dynamaxing for the first time.

...why would he? He’s encountered giant Pokemon on many other occasions, you know.

15 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

...why would he? He’s encountered giant Pokemon on many other occasions, you know.

See, 'xactly. Unless one of the writers actually remembers that episode (yeah right!).

By the way, did I mention that I used to want the Pokémon anime to crossover with Spongebob when I was a little boy?

...I mean why would seeing a Dynamax’d Pokemon make him think of IoGP specifically out of every other time he’s seen a giant Pokemon?

I like how the Alola League is starting up and no one really is all that excited. I like to thing after Kalos everyone is just totally burned from anime Leagues xD

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

I like how the Alola League is starting up and no one really is all that excited. I like to thing after Kalos everyone is just totally burned from anime Leagues xD

Even ignoring that, the series has had so little focus on battling that the league just feels tacked on because its something the games did. Ash doesn't even have a full team and all of his Pokemon aren't evolved lol.

16 hours ago, Soniman said:

Honestly the only true exciting leagues was Kanto and Jotho, even trough in some parts it made no sense, the battle between Ash and Richie was pretty emotional and the battle between Garry and Ash was a nice development between the two, After that it became kind of  typical ''oh he isnt going to win anyway, '' and here have the supportive cast explaining to the audience why Ash is currently losing or winning'' 

a pretty hilarious reference I missed  myself is that the anime apparently referenced the American-jelly-filled-donut-not-rice-balls English dub thing and that's hilarious   

5 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

A you sure they weren’t just referencing literal jelly-filled donuts?

Consider the s/m anime team has put so many references into the anime I really believe this was a nod to the American dub, why even bring up that some donuts are a different shape or jelly filled? that would be a really odd sort of dialog  and very random so yes im sure.

Shame it's just for the next episode dialogue rather than in an actual episode, so we'll never get the satisfaction or disappointment of the line being in or out of the dub.

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION, and it’s fucking weird (and super spoilerific)

Rita Ora is the same singer who did the Detective Pikachu ending theme. I have no idea what the context of this song being used here is (still a pretty good song though).

Sounds like it'll be a good one.

Wonder if it'll see a theatrical release in the UK or just have it dumped to CITV as per normal?

Well this is a pleasant surprise: the latest Japanese ending theme is a new version of Type: Wild.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact it has a bit of Kaze to issho ni at the beginning and the remake of that song is coming out on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

So...

Who’s Ash going to lose to in the Manalo Conference?

For those who need a catch-up, the next set of matchups are

• Ash vs Hau
  • Gladion vs James
  • Guzma vs Lana
  • Kiawe vs Sophocles

The way it's being setup; Ash vs. Gladion, and Guzma vs. Kiawe in semis, and Ash vs. Guzma for the final.

It's highly implied and foreshadowed Ash faces Kukui after he beats everyone else. So by then he'll have won the league proper. Guess we'll see 

I hope Guzma wins.

He deserves it.

• Thumbs Up 2