Awoo.

Sonic Glitcherations: Post any bugs you find here!

ハリネズミ

Just had a major problem. I was playing city escape and when I got about halfway through the truck chase the whole game just froze when I was boosting. The music and boosting sound effect kept playing but the game just sat there for over a minute until I shut the console down. This is the first time I've ever had a console game just freeze like this.

Also, I should mention this is the PS3 version.

When I was playing Amy's mission in Chemical Plant, I used her on the edge of a platform so that she fell down. It caused me to glitch through a wall. I also remember randomly going through a wall in Classic City Escape, and it froze once in Seaside Hill for no apparent reason...

It's definitely a loading error. Basically all the collision data for the game is stored independently of the visible geometry. The collision data is all loaded at once when the stage begins, but the stuff you actually see is loaded on the fly to ease system resources. That's how the Hedgehog Engine works. This sort of thing happened once or twice in Unleashed, but it's ridiculously common in Generations.

Yeah, but I meant something like this where it happens because of a glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwtTONd2-0U&lc=UPzdvsy9mhAEGVPAIIdIWqSs7OlzNX9wuJc9A8vyc3o&feature=inbox

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, because as you can see, the part of the level was loaded, but because you took a route that the game didn't expect you to take, the part didn't load, so that's what I though happened to me.

Yeah, but I meant something like this where it happens because of a glitch:

*video*

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, because as you can see, the part of the level was loaded, but because you took a route that the game didn't expect you to take, the part didn't load, so that's what I though happened to me.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Imagine it like this- there are two types of model for the game to load. One type is solid. It's invisible, and make the floors and walls. That's the collision data. The other type of model is everything you see. It's visible, but you don't collide with it though. You just go right through. This type, the visible geometry, takes a lot more system resources to load. Therefore the game only loads certain parts of it as it's necessary. The collision data however is all loaded right at the start.

Well, I finally figured out a easy way of getting over all the invisible walls! Although, after doing this, I didn't get the same results as last time, check out the video to see for yourselves:

Edited by G.M.M.

Just had one! It happened in Planet Wisp Act 2.

I was at the part with the blocks that are about to squish you unless you use Rocket Wisp to push them back up. Well I was trying to look for one to smash through the middle but for some reason, there wasn't one on the middle platform! I couldn't use the others because they were on the lower platforms and I couldn't jump up to the one in the middle. So in the end, I got squished like a pancake by the blocks...but not straight away! Nothing happened, I moved Sonic around a bit and then it just...went back to the checkpoint! XD

Also, my boyfriend wanted me to add that he thinks the Mega Drive game is glitchy, especially on the controls which sometimes makes Sonic move by himself even when you just tilt the stick very softly. To make sure of this, anyone know which version of Sonic The Hedgehog is in Generations (ie. Mega Collection, Xbox Live, etc.), because he thinks that never EVER happened in the original Mega Drive version.

Also, my boyfriend wanted me to add that he thinks the Mega Drive game is glitchy, especially on the controls which sometimes makes Sonic move by himself even when you just tilt the stick very softly. To make sure of this, anyone know which version of Sonic The Hedgehog is in Generations (ie. Mega Collection, Xbox Live, etc.), because he thinks that never EVER happened in the original Mega Drive version.

I just found another glitch in the mission "Switcheroo" for Crisis City:

Oh, and now we get a special skill for no price automanically, the "Air Drift" (Not my video)

Edited by G.M.M.

Most of the glitches I've been finding occur either when I have the Thunder Shield, the Skateboard, or when I'm doing an awesome speed run only to be ruined by getting jamed into a wall and getting stuck. At least some of these glitches can be fun to do :/

So has this glitch been posted yet?

Classic Sonic in 3D in Classic stages aka Best (and Worst) Sonic Glitch ever.

This is a fun little glitch I love doing. I think you can do this in any stage that has you going through the foreground and background via spring and thundershield, but City Escape and Rooftop Run are the only ones shown here.

Caught this during the post-Perfect Chaos cutscene. It was only visible for a fraction of a second.

CityEscapeGlitch.png

Edited by supersaiyanmikito

Got another one. I was playing classic speed highway and when I got to the checkpoint after the part where you have to avoid the spikeballs to go up the camera just went crazy. It was going all over the place to the point that I couldn't even tell what was going on and was actually in 3D facing sonic twice. It also appears to have thrown me to the bell part. Despite all this I still somehow beat the stage an got an S.

Also, I had the thunder shield.

I've run into a few, mostly involving the controls. In several Modern stages, while running in 3D perspective, Sonic will gravitate toward the outer edges of the track and it's impossible to center him. It doesn't affect the game much, but it's still irritating. I also had lots of problems with the controls when facing Silver and the Egg Dragoon.

Also, I've had several incidents where the camera spazzes out and faces backwards--usually, this happens when I fail to drift properly, and it happens during the final boss fight whenever I hit Time Eater as Classic Super Sonic.

What are the odds of a patch being released, out of curiosity? These are my only real problems with the game, but they kind of keep Generations from being better than Colors (which had almost no glitches) in my eyes.

Edited by AXB

iwanttobeinthesky.jpg

While red ring hunting, pretty sure a lot of you experienced this several times.

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 2

I discovered an extremely angering one in the Classic Doppelganger mission of Planet Wisp. You know that area with the huge sawblade in the floor and there's 4 little platforms that move when you press a switch just beyond the sawblade? I got up onto one of the platforms and jumped onto the upper area from it....and then instantly fell through the floor. Classic Sonic was permanently stuck within the red metal structure that composes the level. I could move left and right within the structure but couldn't get out.

It was hair-tearingly annoying because I was doing pretty well in the Doppelganger mission >.<

• Thumbs Up 2

In the Egg Robo battle, I once got stuck on the bottom floor after the first 2 hits, to which I fell into the casual bottomless pit.

Just completely unintentionally found a bug in Classic's Speed Highway. I was just minding my own business, trying to find the last Red Ring in this act when I get on a missile rocket into the first building. And then this happens;

highwayglitch3.png

highwayglitch2.png

highwayglitch.png

The camera goes wacky and switches to a not quite 2D view, pretty much within Classic Sonic's plane. The controls acted odd too. I had to press up and down to move right and left respectively. In one area of the building, the camera went that screwy I couldn't see Sonic at all, it was as if the camera was very close to the wall;

highwayglitch5.png

The camera soon went back to normal though.

Sometimes for modern and classic sonic, I get stuck in the tubes in Chemical plant.

Although it mostly happens in modern though because I always love to drift on the tubes near the beginning because of the directions they go.

This is just awesome:

My tutorial of the Blast Effect Glitch !

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 2