Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

This Sky Troops stuff all looks so good. I know it'd prolly be ridiculously hard but I hope they're able to reproduce the opening spiral path and the stormy section. Those'd be the most iconic moments of the stage to me that'd be must-haves in a remake (though obviously considering this is a fan effort I will not be disappointed if they end up too hard to do, I'm just looking forward to a great new stage to play).

• Thumbs Up 1

excuse me but, I have a dae. model of modern metal sonic but There is no way to convert it into a .model file? he also is rigged and ready.

Export to ogre scene and use SonicGlvl to convert the *.mesh file to a *.model file.

Export to ogre scene and use SonicGlvl to convert the *.mesh file to a *.model file.

3ds max crashes when I try to export it

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

3ds max crashes when I try to export it

PM me the files, I'll do it for you :)

Have you made an havok skeleton?

Oh, that's pretty nice. I ported Hyrule Field over into Generations a few days ago, though it did not have objects and stuff added to it

I've completely forgotten about Peach's Castle. I ported it several days ago. It's very basic and is a straight level port from SM64 and the water is kinda solid at the moment. If I knew how to make water and grind rails and the like I would release it now, but unfortunately I don't.

I will release the incomplete version that I just described above if anyone wants me to...

Can you release it, please ?

Edited by thegameexplorer

Just to note, don't request people to release stuff, it makes you look like a stupid faggot that profits from others.

In this case, you're allowed to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I understand, but I'm not a faggot, you know.

I'd just like this level, that's all.

Now you learnt me the "rules" here, I won't be useless anymore, thanks.

I didn't say you were a faggot. I just told you what the general rules of requesting are.

Now you learnt me the "rules" here, I won't be useless anymore, thanks.

Learned.

Unless your British.

• Thumbs Up 1

Learned.

Unless your British.

Or he could have used the word "taught" but it doesn't really matter

So awesome. >D

Wow.....that sounds pretty damn awesome. Holy crap, great job.

Edited by Megabox!

Any ideas why the stage shows up empty?
What do you mean by that?

Here is the download to Peach's Castle, it replaces Modern Green Hill Zone, and again, this is a pre-alpha release: http://www.mediafire...838i5h1pci28qv4

I've added a goal ring on top of the castle. (hint: there's a way with a skill that you can finish the stage in sub 5 seconds(hint to the hint: blast off into infinity, and beyond!))

The cannon is replaced with a spring, and I've also added an extra life object to a place that you'll have to find yourself as a little secret.

What's cool is that it runs way more smoothly than the hub world. My laptop can run the hub world at ~15 FPS while it runs Peach's Castle at a solid 60 FPS.

[media=]

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

Also, continuing from my last post, I've changed the name tag and fixed the buttons. "Sonic Robot mk.II" was used because I can't change the amount of letters the text uses. Also, these robots technically are a new variant, so to speak.

[Edited Character Bio pictures]

I can't seem to find where the text is for... well, anything that's not an image. Mind if I ask how you managed to do this? I was mostly hoping to tweak some song names for songs I swapped out.

... also, any chance you still have the AAX files for the songs from some of your YouTube videos? It'd be nice to have pre-done Big Arms/Crush 40 Sonic Boom files to add to the collection but I can't find the files you had once before.

What do you mean by that?

Here is the download to Peach's Castle, it replaces Modern Green Hill Zone, and again, this is a pre-alpha release: http://www.mediafire...838i5h1pci28qv4

I've added a goal ring on top of the castle. (hint: there's a way with a skill that you can finish the stage in sub 5 seconds(hint to the hint: blast off into infinity, and beyond!))

The cannon is replaced with a spring, and I've also added an extra life object to a place that you'll have to find yourself as a little secret.

What's cool is that it runs way more smoothly than the hub world. My laptop can run the hub world at ~15 FPS while it runs Peach's Castle at a solid 60 FPS.

I know why that stage is running more smoothly for you. It's because it's based on extremely low-poly N64 models, has very little effects going on, and has highly compressed and low-res textures. Due to that, the CPU doesn't need to do much to keep the game running while in that stage.

Heck, each individual stage entrance in the White Space Hub could very well have larger amounts of polygon/texture/effect data to load than your entire Peach's Castle stage. XD

I can't seem to find where the text is for... well, anything that's not an image. Mind if I ask how you managed to do this? I was mostly hoping to tweak some song names for songs I swapped out.

... also, any chance you still have the AAX files for the songs from some of your YouTube videos? It'd be nice to have pre-done Big Arms/Crush 40 Sonic Boom files to add to the collection but I can't find the files you had once before.

The game's text is found in files using the .xtb and .fco formats. The only way to alter them (currently) is via hex editing.

Within a hex editor, actually finding and editing the text varies by file-type.

The .xtb files are easy to work with, since the text can be directly seen (example: S.o.n.i.c. The periods in-between the letters shouldn't be messed with. Any readable text without the 00 bytes are pointers, and should not be altered) However, these aren't used for too much.

The .fco format is harder to work with, and is the format used for songs and the text I edited. The few bits of readable text are pointers, and should not be altered. The actual text itself is stored in 8 character chunks (example: 000000A0 = S (Capital S) and 000000BA = s (lowercase S))

Thankfully for you, the file I edited for those character bios (CollectionRoom_Cnv.fco , found in pam_cmn.ar.00 within bb2.cpk/languages/english) also stores the song names. However, there isn't an easy way to alter how many letters are used in each name. But you can alter which title number is used by which song (and the order of each song) in a certain .xml file (Which I've done biggrin.png) If you'd want me upload an example of the edited files, I'd do so.

Likewise, I have a list of the .fco values used for all 26 captial letters, all 26 lowercase letters, periods, commas, apostrophes, spaces, line breaks, and the end of the text entry. I'd have to alter it a bit to make it look more like a chart and easier to work with, but it's good.

...I was planning on making a pack of my .aax files eventually...

• Thumbs Up 1

I know why that stage is running more smoothly for you. It's because it's based on extremely low-poly N64 models, has very little effects going on, and has highly compressed and low-res textures. Due to that, the CPU doesn't need to do much to keep the game running while in that stage.

Heck, each individual stage entrance in the White Space Hub could very well have larger amounts of polygon/texture/effect data to load than your entire Peach's Castle stage. XD

The game's text is found in files using the .xtb and .fco formats. The only way to alter them (currently) is via hex editing.

Within a hex editor, actually finding and editing the text varies by file-type.

The .xtb files are easy to work with, since the text can be directly seen (example: S.o.n.i.c. The periods in-between the letters shouldn't be messed with. Any readable text without the 00 bytes are pointers, and should not be altered) However, these aren't used for too much.

The .fco format is harder to work with, and is the format used for songs and the text I edited. The few bits of readable text are pointers, and should not be altered. The actual text itself is stored in 8 character chunks (example: 000000A0 = S (Capital S) and 000000BA = s (lowercase S))

Thankfully for you, the file I edited for those character bios (CollectionRoom_Cnv.fco , found in pam_cmn.ar.00 within bb2.cpk/languages/english) also stores the song names. However, there isn't an easy way to alter how many letters are used in each name. But you can alter which title number is used by which song (and the order of each song) in a certain .xml file (Which I've done biggrin.png) If you'd want me upload an example of the edited files, I'd do so.

Likewise, I have a list of the .fco values used for all 26 captial letters, all 26 lowercase letters, periods, commas, apostrophes, spaces, line breaks, and the end of the text entry. I'd have to alter it a bit to make it look more like a chart and easier to work with, but it's good.

...I was planning on making a pack of my .aax files eventually...

Wow, you sure do know a lot about Sonic Generations. Why don't you add information such as this to the Sonic Retro Sonic Community Hacking Guide? That would be fantastic to have all this information that you know in one place.

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

Learned.

Unless your British.

You're. :P

Ontopic, there are some really amazing mods in here. That hub remix of Sky Troops is outstanding!!

anyone knows

how to change files sonic classic model?

files which have to change to work

and not crash the game

sad.png

Wow, you sure do know a lot about Sonic Generations. Why don't you add information such as this to the Sonic Retro Sonic Community Hacking Guide? That would be fantastic to have all this information that you know in one place.

I'm unsure if members stuck in the Pending Limbo can make wiki edits. he can try though and if not he can message a wiki sysops to add it in for him.

anyone knows

how to change files sonic classic model?

files which have to change to work

and not crash the game

sad.png

I ported Waluigi Stadium to Sonic Generations.

Download: http://www.mediafire...7ax16yiy3i7oift

[media=]

You should really mention who ripped the stage, because I think it's my rip tongue.png

BTW, if you want me to port the music, I'll do it with pleasure smile.png

And I've edited Sonic to look like Link.... eh... yeah...

Edited by thegameexplorer