Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

hiya guys, still alive, just on a roadtrip, hope to have some pics of something, or somethings new this weekend, model wise, but it will have to wait for a few days

So looking forward to that Pyramid Cave. Probably my favourite stage from SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

im surprised no one has attempted to try final chase or final rush.

*cough* Rails *cough* Splines *cough*

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it safe to assume that we can also see a properly ported Wave ocean with splines soon? I think it'd be awesome. :)

I am working on creating mushroom hill

but when I'm creating the collision not work

happened to someonesad.png

I am working on creating mushroom hill

but when I'm creating the collision not work

happened to someonesad.png

Give us some more information, did you use the settings provided?

Did you add the "Havok Shape -> Mesh" and "Havok Rigid Body" modifiers before exporting?

Did you save the file as "Binary Packfile"?

Haven't you lined up the collision or something? Enable the collision rendering flag in Terrain.Stg.xml.

BTW, Does anyone know where I can find object models like the trickramp?

And how do I add stuff to a level, example: adding a city escape object to green hill zone?

this problem

the level is a test of my mushroom hill

dibujo3kt.png

http://www.mediafire...0za69953u30i2c2 < Download this and put it into #ghz200.ar.00 to remove the grass.

Are you sure that you followed my guide on how to import levels into Sonic Generations correctly? I just updated the part on how to import the stage into 3DS Max.

On another note, I've also added a page on bb.cpk. bb3.cpk will come soon.

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

And how do I add stuff to a level, example: adding a city escape object to green hill zone?

The <stage>_cmn files(both with the hash tag and not) have all the files needed for objects. Of course, stuff exclusive to certain stages is only declared there.

To make it work in the other stage, you have to add the relevant entries from one StageObject.sto.xml of one stage to the other(note, only the relevant parts for your object), the HKX files of the object if it uses any(they're normally in the file with the hash tag), and the models/materials/textures/other hkx files it uses in the regular file without the hash tag. I trust you'll be able to figure out what to do with those in your own. tongue.png

What files are needed for each object is at best your guess, since there's no documentation of it whatsoever.

Keep in mind SonicGLvl doesn't have enough of a big database for all objects yet. If you're in need of new entries, you simply have to use the "dump new xml templates from an xml" option and add them manually to your templates folder and templatelist.txt

Edited by Dario ff

I did not sorrytongue.png

Haven't you lined up the collision or something? Enable the collision rendering flag in Terrain.Stg.xml.

thanks

http://www.mediafire...0za69953u30i2c2 < Download this and put it into #ghz200.ar.00 to remove the grass.

Are you sure that you followed my guide on how to import levels into Sonic Generations correctly? I just updated the part on how to import the stage into 3DS Max.

On another note, I've also added a page on bb.cpk. bb3.cpk will come soon.

Guys, this is just me but...

Can you guys finish something before working on something else?

Nobody is doing what they were originally doing anymore (besides some people). I know this is still your own choice, but looking at this for a while gets a bit obnoxious.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nobody is doing what they were originally doing anymore (besides some people). I know this is still your own choice, but looking at this for a while gets a bit obnoxious.

Yeah I do agree with this. I mean its great and all that more people are jumping on the making more stages/characters/etc. bandwagon now but all we have been getting so far is just proof of concept videos.

If you guys got an idea you want to jump on just write it down and get to it as soon as your done with your current project. finish one, start another but just stick to 1 project so you don't burn yourself out and we don't see any releases from you.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 4

The reason I canceled Hyrule Field was because:

- It looked like shit compared to other levels

- It was actually just a test on a low poly level to get into stage porting.

- Item placement was almost impossible to do, it was an open field.

- I accidentally overwrited it when exporting Pyramid Cave :P

I'm going to finish Pyramid Cave, just gotta figure out how to add splines to the Stage.stg.xml. (In the video I replaced an existing one)

Also gotta wait for Dario to enable 2 Sided by default so I don't have to change 250 materials.

Maybe Dario could add something like "Apply to all materials" and add a prefix option like "_nrm" so I could mass apply materials like normal maps, specular, etc etc.

Need to boot up my SA2B to get the correct item placement.

I also want to port the ramp from SA2 over the Trickpanel, but I don't know how.

I've also splined the rest of the loops already, gotta do the rails and some misc paths like Super Sonic Path and some fixes.

Maybe Dario could add something like "Apply to all materials" and add a prefix option like "_nrm" so I could mass apply materials like normal maps, specular, etc etc.

I don't honestly see why do you need so much materials, that material count is like two or three times the size of a Generations stage, and you're not going to tell me SA2 used way more materials, that's just insane. If anything it sounds like you have some optimization to do there. I don't see the point in implementing hacky workarounds like that; what I will do is just keep increasing the support for converting the exported Ogre materials to Generations automatically... It works better in the long run. (Right now you can add textures to the bump map slot for example if you want working normals).

Only slight problem might be that my generated tangent and binormals are a bit incorrect, and might make the bump maps look like if they were from inside out. : P That's just a geometry problem that should be easily fixable.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to remap the stage so it has less materials.

Why can't we use grind rails directly as a grind rail? Creating a spline ontop of it is tidious and fucking hard to line up correctly.

I hope it gets a tad easier in a while.

Pretty sure levels like the Mario and Zelda ones are from people that are trying to get the hang of the level editing program, as well as just importing stages and materials. Stages like Metal Harbor, Sky Troops and Windy Valley are all being done by different groups/individual people each, so it's not like they're crossing projects or anything.

https://www.file1.info/gkXOrmY

Inspired by Joe's .aax packs, I went back over some of the ones I had made to make the looping a lot smoother, as well as making a few more, and put them together in the cpkredirec format. Would love to know if anybody's having looping problems! There's a text document of the files currently replaced and what they're replaced with, but I'll also put it here for convenience:

Add01a_Green_Hill_44LP_wav = (Green Hill Zone [Masa's Demo])

Add04a_Emerald_Hill_44LP_wav = (Green Hills Zone [16-Bit/Remastered])

Add05a_Chemical_Plant_44LP_wav = (Underground Zone [The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011])

Add06a_Special_Stage_44LP_wav = (Special Stage [sonic 3D Blast Saturn/PC])

Add41a_A_New_Venture_48LP_wav = (A New Venture [surfin' S.R.A. Remix])

EMCR007_Angel_Island_TARGET_wav = (South Island [Arnon Elal Remix])

EMCR008_Hydro_City_TARGET_wav = (Hydrocity Zone: Act 2)

EMCR021_SPSTG_EDITED_44k_wav = (Special Stage [sonic Generations 3DS])

EMCR034_Stardust_SPDWY_US_CCnew0623_wav = (Stardust Speedway [Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue Remix])

[media=]

just wanted to show

Whyyyyy would you put classic monitors in a 3D level?
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm going to remap the stage so it has less materials.

Why can't we use grind rails directly as a grind rail? Creating a spline ontop of it is tidious and fucking hard to line up correctly.

I hope it gets a tad easier in a while.

Sheesh it's not THAT tedious, I'm pretty sure even Sega has to make the same effort when making levels. (Hint: If you were creating the level yourself from scratch instead of basing it off existing geometry you would probably have created an spline and modeled from that originally). What are you making, Grind Rail valley? Besides, it would be pretty hard to create an accurate spline based on just polygons, it would look blocky as hell when grinding on it.

If it's gotta be created like that and it was decided to be like this, then it's probably the most accurate method. Sacrificing accuracy for the sake of laziness isn't a good trade-off.

Sheesh it's not THAT tedious, I'm pretty sure even Sega has to make the same effort when making levels. (Hint: If you were creating the level yourself from scratch instead of basing it off existing geometry you would probably have created an spline and modeled from that originally). What are you making, Grind Rail valley? Besides, it would be pretty hard to create an accurate spline based on just polygons, it would look blocky as hell when grinding on it.

If it's gotta be created like that and it was decided to be like this, then it's probably the most accurate method. Sacrificing accuracy for the sake of laziness isn't a good trade-off.

Well, Pyramid Cave does have some rails, and I've been trying to make it kinda fit but it's kinda hard. Sonic's position isn't accurate like the splines I made. So he is a bit off. That's why it's hard.

And derp, now I broke all splines.

I can't seem to add multiple paths without breaking everything... *sigh* gotta try harder.

Few things:

0:07 - Why is the music not working in Modern Green Hill Zone? Was working before... Also, when I try placing a classic item box near the start the game crashes.

1:45 - Why does the signpost do nothing? It worked when I played normal Classic Green Hill in 3d.

2:24 to end - Why does only Green hill work for showing geometry? I tried Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary, and they won't load the textures, or rainbows, or anything. Rendering collision works though.

(Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary are the same imported level, yet I have tried with different models and they do the same thing.)

Oh my god, someone should import the snowboarding section in Ice Cap from Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 4