Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

help.png

The .model converter doesn't like Unleashed Cutscene models, his mouth is missing.

Edited by thegameexplorer

Dere first, I wouldnt have a clue how to get at those, and anyways I dont think they went far enough with their reimagining of it, from the pics I saw they just 3-d it, I want to go further. also any chance you could track down the sprites for the characters in knuckle's chaotix? that might be useful

also you might have a point, however I think the tail does as much lifting as any membrane would, its as big as his body, and currently he is just a supporting character who might be playable, and is part of a bigger mod I am developing, and membranes would also be a nightmare to do, I know that much. also I dont think a loose jacket is out of the question, I mean charmy has a pilots helmet, and vector has headphones, blaze has the coatish thing, and there was the armored echidna in sonic chronicles, clothing isnt super common, but not unheard of either, and I dont think a jacket is out of place.

and thegameexplorer,. thats too bad, say by any chance do you know how to convert sonic heroes models?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

thanks, that willl be helpful with mighty. also, if he does become the second playable character in my mod, he will definately be able to do his wall kick/jump move(though he will proably be using a modified version of the classic gameplay, and I would want it to work on all walls, not just special surfaces)/ well time for me to start doing some more fixes and tweaks to ray. also, if any of you are willing to help me with some concept art for the zones I mentioned(Mushroom hill zone, techno tower, and speed slider) I would be grateful, also anybody know if it would be possible to have mushrooms that act like the ones in mushroom hill?

also thegameexplorer, a word of advice, make sure you have all the resources(textures, shaders etc,) in the right place, importers love to act up because of one piece of missing data, I know this from personal experience (an unfixabke E-web to be precise, now that was a nightmare)

oh and also, I just remebered another major reason why I decided to have the jacket, I had some major issues removing the back spines, so the model of the back is pretty messed up, and the jacket helps hide it, as I have been unable to fix it. doesnt mean its impossible to fix, just really hard. so for now the jacket remains, and I am about to check around, because I plan to use a different body for mighty, so I dont have to worry about removing spines

I'm serious folks, if you want to see the new and improved Sweet Mountain or Radical Train in Generations with Global Illumination, PREASE DONATE. I don't have the money required for the tools to make this happen ingame, so you'd be doing us both a favor.

I really fucking hate panhandling but this is how it has to be. sonictheplumber@gmail.com is the donate email.

sweetmountain.png

sweetmountain.png

mountainpa.png

39757132.png

if we are to donate then will it be a completely new remodeled version of both the Acts im willing to donate for the sake of everyone else getting this Act

ok, jacket mesh is done, still needs uving, but thats not horrible, also ended up going with a different direction, using a shoe design from the comic, that looks like a more developed version of his SSTH shoes, but have a grayish endcap. the comic that has it I posted earlier, its higher up on this page.. I also did this side by side with sonic and tails to show approximate scaling, and the tail still needs fluffing. I plan to do mighty next

raywip.jpg

also, the game explorer, you never did tell me, do you know how to get at the sonic heroes model files and get them into max?

• Thumbs Up 2

ok, jacket mesh is done, still needs uving, but thats not horrible, also ended up going with a different direction, using a shoe design from the comic, that looks like a more developed version of his SSTH shoes, but have a grayish endcap. the comic that has it I posted earlier, its higher up on this page.. I also did this side by side with sonic and tails to show approximate scaling, and the tail still needs fluffing. I plan to do mighty next

raywip.jpg

also, the game explorer, you never did tell me, do you know how to get at the sonic heroes model files and get them into max?

you should really consider doing jet the hawk

I honestly never got the scripts to work. The model files are in the _mdl.prs files. If you decompress those, you'll get a few bin files, which are renamed renderware .dff files. The scripts for GTA do not work for these models. There is a script that some called "Nemesis" made but I can't get the script to work. Must be because it may just be an old script and doesn't like newer versions of Max.

There are a few things for importing levels I don't understand .

First off: Set the Units to Meters.

How do I make it at 1:1 scale? Should I import the model to look how large it will be?

2nd.

I CANT GET SONICGLVL TO WORK!!!

I always get this message:

WHY.png

No matter which stage I choose, I always end up getting this window.... *sigh* help *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

not a fan of jet, though he does have a trophy model so if someone was feeling interprising enough, they could rig it up, however it would have to put him in a neutrul position first. also has anyone else had any luck with heroes? and hmmm has anyone tried at STH'06 at pulling the models out? I know omega was in there too, I mean I do currently have acess to the trophy model, however having a model in the proper neutral position woul make my job a WHOLE lot easier, any rigging or animations would just be a bonus

say lobomotomy, I am curious, what do you think of my plans to create and add mushroom hill zone, techno tower, and speed slider courses in my knuckle'sChaotix mod? and can you think of any levels that might be worth reimaging for this project? and happent to know anyone who might be willing to do some concept art? oh, and I do wish you the best of luck in your endeavours, I do believe you could achieve some great stuff with what you are planning, me I will stick to modeling and kitbashin'

not a fan of jet, though he does have a trophy model so if someone was feeling interprising enough, they could rig it up, however it would have to put him in a neutrul position first. also has anyone else had any luck with heroes? and hmmm has anyone tried at STH'06 at pulling the models out? I know omega was in there too, I mean I do currently have acess to the trophy model, however having a model in the proper neutral position woul make my job a WHOLE lot easier, any rigging or animations would just be a bonus

I ripped it, it's on the models resource.

do mind my asking what, and where that is? that could be quite useful and hmmm,I could release an amusing minimod that replaces the egg fighter mesh with omega, mwhahahhaaha, now that would be rather funny angry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

say lobomotomy, I am curious, what do you think of my plans to create and add mushroom hill zone, techno tower, and speed slider courses in my knuckle'sChaotix mod? and can you think of any levels that might be worth reimaging for this project? and happent to know anyone who might be willing to do some concept art? oh, and I do wish you the best of luck in your endeavours, I do believe you could achieve some great stuff with what you are planning, me I will stick to modeling and kitbashin'

What about green forest or even white jungle those were two of my favorite levels to but this is the thing...if we were to have those Levels ported over would it be the exact same or should it like different set ups..longer routes? Edited by iiazurenovaii

do mind my asking what, and where that is? that could be quite useful and hmmm,I could release an amusing minimod that replaces the egg fighter mesh with omega, mwhahahhaaha, now that would be rather funny angry.png

It's a forum where content from games is submitted.

It's divided in 3 resources:

The Spriters Resource

The Models Resource

The Textures Resource.

The link for TMR is http://www.models-resource.com/.

I honestly never got the scripts to work. The model files are in the _mdl.prs files. If you decompress those, you'll get a few bin files, which are renamed renderware .dff files. The scripts for GTA do not work for these models. There is a script that some called "Nemesis" made but I can't get the script to work. Must be because it may just be an old script and doesn't like newer versions of Max.

There are a few things for importing levels I don't understand .

First off: Set the Units to Meters.

How do I make it at 1:1 scale? Should I import the model to look how large it will be?

2nd.

WHY.png

No matter which stage I choose, I always end up getting this window.... *sigh* help *sigh*

thanks, I actualy managed to find 2 versions of omega there, I will see which is best(or if I should just use the trophy), then I will see bout rigging it(though, this one proably would have been easy enough to make, but still somewhat tricky) hmmm it also has most of the assets(well the ships and skybox) you would need to make an egg fleet map, now that would be interesting....

and they have the fang the sniper model from sonic the fighters(improving is better than making from scratch)

ok, I decided to go ahead and download the main eggfleet(sonic heroes) assets, and maybe try at throwing together a basic map using them, thouhg I currently dont have the knowledge to get everything working, and it ingame, I do hope to get some advice on that soon, so I may as well start throwing together(this may or may not be in the knuckle's chaotix mod, but I thought it might be nice to make a map where I dont have to make all the resources, and I kinda like the map), may see if I can find the egg carrier from SA in these model files, that would be a fun addition to the map wink.png

found it, and the fighters from the skychase level, they ought to make nice additions to my map!, now this should be interesting(I am thinking I may have a couple of eggcarriers in the fleet that you go on, I don't know why they didnt do that originaly, and maybe have the fighters as platforms.

2nd.

WHY.png

I have this same error, and it's really annyoing :/

• Thumbs Up 1

well, I've got fang's head at least, and that needs a lot of polishing, and improvement, and I will just kit bash his body.... knuckles maybe.

though, I may still kitbash the head too, but I'm not sure

This should help people to get started! I was surprised he actually answered my request!

Thats GREAT! thanks for asking game explorer, this answers some of my questions as well(and now I know how to do custom maps, and hopefully I can use this to turn the death egg boss zone into sky sanctuary). Say, the Game Explorer, would you be interested in doing some maping? oh and so I checked and imported the ships, so now I have 3 cap ship types(egg carrier, swordfish, and small(2 from sonic heroes) and 3 fighters(these will be props, and 2 are derivitives of the normal fighter). and hmm I think I have a copy of the SA2 rom around here somewhere....

Thats GREAT! thanks for asking game explorer, this answers some of my questions as well(and now I know how to do custom maps, and hopefully I can use this to turn the death egg boss zone into sky sanctuary). Say, the Game Explorer, would you be interested in doing some maping? oh and so I checked and imported the ships, so now I have 3 cap ship types(egg carrier, swordfish, and small(2 from sonic heroes) and 3 fighters(these will be props, and 2 are derivitives of the normal fighter). and hmm I think I have a copy of the SA2 rom around here somewhere....

I have both SA2 and SA2B dumped, tell me whatya need?

well lets see, for my knuckle's chaotix mod, I am replacing most(but not all) levels, so I might as well do a levelset here, so I know for sure how many slots I have

original - replacement

1)green hill zone- Mushroom hill zone

2) chemical plant- speed slider

3)sky sanctuary-altered, but not replaced

4)speed highway-hidden base

5)city escape (tempted to keep, but wont)-green forest or white jungle(either would work)

6)seaside hill- could I possibly convince you to help me try and combine mad space and metoer herd to make a linear level?(I would definately be part of putting this together)

7)crisis city- SA level, that is yet to be decided

8)rooftop run-egg fleet(sonic heroes, I am remaking this one using resources I have found, and will be better, and quite different)

9)planet wisp-Techno tower(may be changed)

so what I am asking from you Thegameexplorer (if you dont mind) is Hidden Base; green forest or white jungle(your choice), and (if you dont mind) is a combo of mad space and meteor herd, which I plan to make a linear level(note in the mod knuckles will be the main character, there will be a secondary character with the side scroller only levels, but that will be another bridge to pass later)

also, I am considering doing instead of techno tower, actualy making the final level Newtrogic high zone, and making a massive level that includes pieces from all 6 areas in Knuckle's chaotix, in which you travel from isolated island(the beginning), through each part till you get to techno tower, which you then scale and the zone goal is in the dome on top. now that would make an interesting level(note then the seperate speed slider would be replaced)

oh and I did find my copy of the rom as well

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone know how to get the collision of custom stages working? I've followed the tutorial (gave the level the modifiers Havok Shape and Havok Rigid Body) and exported it with the settings specified in the help folder of SonicGLvl, but it it does not work. Can anyone that can successfully make collision give me your 3DS Max settings? (not sure how to do that, but hopefully that will solve my issue. If you could also give the export script that you use too, that would be fantastic!) I got it figured out, please disregard.

Oh, and to those with the SonicGLvl issue, what OS do you have? It could be an OS issue because it works fine on my Windows 7 computer but does not on my Windows Vista one.

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

Oh, and to those with the SonicGLvl issue, what OS do you have? It could be an OS issue because it works fine on my Windows 7 computer but does not on my Windows Vista one.

Oh that's quite the tidbit of info.

For those who it doesn't work with, open up CMD and type expand and say what happens. You see, sonicglvl uses the expand function in Windows for the CAB Compression of the PFDs. If they didn't bother to include it(or rename it differently) under another OS, I see where the problem could be.

Edited by Dario ff

When I import geometry, I get rainbows. I have textures in dds format and everything but I can't figure it out.

Edited by SuperRiderTH

well lets see, for my knuckle's chaotix mod, I am replacing most(but not all) levels, so I might as well do a levelset here, so I know for sure how many slots I have

original - replacement

1)green hill zone- Mushroom hill zone

2) chemical plant- speed slider

3)sky sanctuary-altered, but not replaced

4)speed highway-hidden base

5)city escape (tempted to keep, but wont)-green forest or white jungle(either would work)

6)seaside hill- could I possibly convince you to help me try and combine mad space and metoer herd to make a linear level?(I would definately be part of putting this together)

7)crisis city- SA level, that is yet to be decided

8)rooftop run-egg fleet(sonic heroes, I am remaking this one using resources I have found, and will be better, and quite different)

9)planet wisp-Techno tower(may be changed)

so what I am asking from you Thegameexplorer (if you dont mind) is Hidden Base; green forest or white jungle(your choice), and (if you dont mind) is a combo of mad space and meteor herd, which I plan to make a linear level(note in the mod knuckles will be the main character, there will be a secondary character with the side scroller only levels, but that will be another bridge to pass later)

also, I am considering doing instead of techno tower, actualy making the final level Newtrogic high zone, and making a massive level that includes pieces from all 6 areas in Knuckle's chaotix, in which you travel from isolated island(the beginning), through each part till you get to techno tower, which you then scale and the zone goal is in the dome on top. now that would make an interesting level(note then the seperate speed slider would be replaced)

oh and I did find my copy of the rom as well