Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Guys:

http://blog.us.plays...-boss-unveiled/

+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Yes! All-Stars will be available as day-1 digital on PS3. You will get the costume pre-order bonus AND the complimentary Vita version whether you buy a physical disc or the digital version of All-Stars on PS3.

Yes! Always prefered the digital version for two reasons: no absurdly high taxes and no waste of time putting the disc on everytime I want to play (lazy, I know) =P

Anyway, gonna get this sooner that I expected!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Today/Yesterdays shirt on Tee fury is sorta related.

I like how Nathan is climbing a colossus and how the Journey dude is there too.

So, the game is out in 9 or 10 days depending on where you live (next year if you are in Japan).

Which character will you main?

oXQlk.jpg

Yeah, don't give me shit about Heihachi/Dante/Raiden, I put the characters according to their first appearance, Dante in Devil May Cry, Raiden in MGS2 and Heihachi in Tekken. The only character I was not really sure is Radec.

I will probably main one of those: Spike, Sweet Tooth, Dante or Ratchet.

Spike seems interesting with all those gadgets, most of them will help gather more kills. I saw one video where he used one gadget to stun the opponent then unleashed the Level 1 super.

His Level 2 super seems great for those moments when everyone is gangbanging one guy.

Sweet Tooth was my main in the beta, his Shoulder Crush and Shotgun where amazing to get AP and keep away characters while the Land Mines would keep me "safe" and trick opponents. His Level 1 is great and the Level 3 is brutal, but the Level 2 is just useless.

Dante seems a cool character to play being very combo-heavy and also being the only character able to cancel moves into others.

His Level 2 acts like Spike's one and the Level 3 will probably score some 6/7 kills if you know how to use it.

Ratchet is an interesting character, he is described as a mid ranged character, but he has a shitload of weapons for long ranged combat.

His throws are the longest ranged ones in the games using the Suck Cannon and you can even move between the grab and the throw.

His Level 1 seems ok, while the Level 2 and 3 seem deadly.

I'll try all the characters, but those are the ones I'm really interested to play as by now.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Radec's first appearance was Killzone 2 which was a PS3 game. So you are correct.

Thanks to the beta I'm going to main Parappa. He's just fun to play as and also thanks to the tutorial I was able to find some nice combos that net me 75 AP for sure with him. His lvl 3 isn't worth it to be honest since you can get lucky and get an extra kill using his lvl 2.

Sackboy also looks interesting to me, however his moves seem slow and spacing required. Can't say for certain though.

Lastly Toro I'll consider especially with his different forms thus meaning 3 different movesets.

Edited by Zone Seeker

I'd have to say Sir Dan, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and probably Raiden.

Sir Daniel is probably one of my favorite Playstation characters so I will most likely use him alot, and he looks like he has a very interesting and different moveset.

Ratchet probably because I want to see how many of the R&C weapons are in his moveset, and plus I've always been a pretty big fan of the Ratchet & Clank games. Hopefully we see some hilarious dialogue as well.

Nathan Drake because he seems pretty fun to play as too, and I also love the Uncharted games. I would have highly preferred Victor Sullivan over Nathan Drake though, but sadly Nathan Drake is the main character...you better include Victor Sullivan has DLC though, Superbot.

Raiden because he seems like a very easy character to master, mainly because of his sword-slashing abilities. Also, I love the Metal Gear Solid franchise and...best of all...his level 3 super includes BOXES! Yes, you heard me, MOTHERFUCKING boxes. That easily makes him one of the best characters in this entire game.

Of course, these won't be the only characters I will be playing as. Especially if they release DLC featuring Kevin Butler, now if Kevin Butler is announced as DLC, I will only play as him and only him.

In the beta, my main was Parappa. Besides loving the character itself (and I never knew who he was 'till 2012 ^^), he has one gameplay I like: good airborne control. He is float on his jumps and can do lots of good airdashes. Also, he can get some PA with circle+down hehe And his level 2 is also great. Besides him, in the full game, I think I'm going for Nate, Spike, Jax and Ratchet. I don't know how them play, been avoiding most recent gameplays, but I like these chars in special smile.png Besides, they all will have funny dialogues and criative supers hehe

Edited by Jango

MY GOD. Radec looks like Davy Jones, Kratos just looks like an old man and WTF is wrong with Sly!?? This is freaking HILLARIOUS HAHAHAHAHA

XMB Themes

8158791b930bd5fd0922cdbbfcd22481.jpg

54ab34fb5d373b6738b390fac5b9d6a0.jpg

The theme comes in two variations, featuring a different set of characters with Cole MacGrath, Fat Princess, Heihachi Mishima, Jak and Daxter, Parappa, Raiden, Sackboy ,Spike Sly Cooper in addition to Toro Inoue showing up in one wallpaper. The other one has Big Daddy, Colonel Radec, Dante, Evil Cole MacGrath, Kratos, Nariko, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Sir Daniel Fortesque and Sweet Tooth.

The European branch of Sony Computer Entertainment sent out emails with voucher codes containing the free ‘Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale' XMB theme to players who used the “Which All-Star Are You?” Facebook Application.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's also another theme I got when I preordered the game from the US PSN store, It shows the whole roster standing against the usual blue background.

Edited by sjmaster92

Apparently PSASBR broke street date and some people already have played it, here is some new info (keep in mind that this may be fake):

- The minions are unlocked when you reach Level 8, they just cheer you on. For example, when you kill an opponent they will start dancing with fireworks.

- The costumes are unlocked when you reach Level 10. Some dude at gamefaqs posted this list:

• Kratos - Morpheus Armor
  • Sweet Tooth - Clown Tux
  • Radec - Elite Shock Trooper
  • Sly Cooper - Arabian Disguise
  • Fat Princess - Fairy Tale Dress
  • Parappa - Funky Gi
  • Nathan Drake - Desert Camo
  • Big Daddy - Big Daddy Rosie
  • Heihachi - Mishima Fundoshi
  • Toro - Melodic Toro
  • Jak - Combat Racer
  • Cole - Courier Jacket
  • Dante - Shirtless
  • Spike - Classic Throwback Suit
  • Ratchet - Holoflux Armor
  • Evil Cole - Reaper
  • Raiden - White Raiden
  • Nariko - Shen's Armor
  • Sir Daniel - Dragon Armour
  • Sackboy - Skeleton Boy

- 6 is the number of difficulty settings.

- Rival cutscenes are in CGI while the opening ones are hand-drawn pics.

- Polygon Man will

create polygon clones to fight you.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 5

- Polygon Man will

SSBFPT.png

But really, I hope theres more to it than just that.

• Thumbs Up 6

- Polygon Man will

I'm a psychic.

I could probably imagine the final boss being Polygon Man, and Polygon Man uses his eyes or whatever to clone the Playstation All-Stars and the Polygon clones of them attack the All-Stars...I don't know why, but I can just see this.

wtfdante.png

Dante....wtf D:

Hey, it's Sir Dan in the Dragon Armour from the first Medievil :D

First Playstation All-Stars DLC announced. Kat from Gravity Rush (man tears) and Emmett Graves from Starhawk. Both characters will be available for download early next year and better yet, both characters will be free of charge (well for the first two weeks they're available at least). c:

What? Me again? Wasn’t I just here to let you know thatPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had gone gold?

Have you ever wondered what dev teams do after a game goes gold? If all is going well, often times they get down to business with DLC. And in fact that’s exactly what we have begun. I’m here today to announce the first DLC characters that will be joining the All-Stars roster: Kat from Gravity Rush, and Starhawk‘s Emmett Graves!

In addition to the signature weapons you’ll remember from his duels with the Outcasts on Dust, Emmett’s playstyle will also utilize Starhawk’s unique “Build-in-Battle” system, calling down help from the sky.

Kat’s approach turns gravity on its head with some mind-bending new ways to move as she positions herself for her unique brand of aerial assault. Together, they make up one of the most original duos in All-Stars.

These DLC All-Stars still have a long way to go before they’re ready to be shown off, but we wanted to let you know what the team will be working on now that we’ve gone gold with the main game, and that you can look forward to playing them… for free!

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Emmett

Yes, you heard that right. We’re very happy to announce these first two DLC characters will be free to everyone for the first two weeks once they are available for download early next year.

That may sound a little tricky, so let me be clear: once Kat and Emmett are finished, we’ll put them up for download. They’ll be totally free for two weeks. The only limit is that you have a two-week window to claim the characters. Once you have Kat and Emmett, they are yours forever. That may sound like a lot to remember, so don’t worry, we’ll be back closer to their release to remind you of all these details.

Everyone at SuperBot, Bluepoint, and Santa Monica Studio has tried hard not only to make a great game, but also to keep the fans very firmly in mind, offering the most we can wherever we get the chance. So far we’ve offered exclusive free pre-order costumes, an amazing digital version for PS Vita at no cost when you buy the PS3 version, frame-accurate cross-play, and now Kat and Emmett coming soon for free!

We’ll have more information about these characters and more DLC news coming soon, so stay tuned here for more announcements, and thanks again to everyone that has supported us as we prepare to cross the finish line. Come join the party on November 20th as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale launches, and I’ll see you online!

http://blog.us.plays...oyale-for-free/

Edited by Sion-Ta
  • Thumbs Up 6

I really didn't like Gravity Rush but Kat as a character is really great so I'm all down. Emmett continues to fuel the amount of "meh" when it comes to the roster selection.

I might pick the game up digitally assuming there's a discount somewhere or if it's cheaper. I really don't see a reason to own this physically.