Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Saw it on another site: Kat looks really fun to play a so does Emmett. Good thing that the free package can be downloadble even if there isn't the main game, since unfortunatly, my wallett right now is not in the mood for something (and considering i have to take even Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Okami HD, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Under Defeat HD and the 2 Sonic Adventure, i really don't know when i will be able to get it).

It says the vid is private when I try viewing it on my phone.

Edit: didn't see that this was already pointed out.

Edited by sjmaster92

Kat looks very fun to play as. I see she has a slide drill kick move that dodges firearms, that'll be useful against Radec and Drake players.

So I just downloaded patch 1.03

Some icons you can choose for your profiles have been changed from what I've noticed. So far Toro and Heihachi have the most changes for icons.

Edited by Zone Seeker

Well, looks like another stage was leaked:

OsJYe.jpg

I wonder what will be the mash-up. I gave some ideas about stages some time ago and one included a Gravity Rush x Final Fantasy stage, but yeah, I can't really see that happening right now.

A Gravity Rush level? Cool! I've played the game recently at my friend's house, he had Transformed too. For about 30 minutes of play-time, I can already say, it's a pretty good game, loved the concept and Kat's personality.

Played this game for about 5+ hours straight with my friends and I had a very fun time. Spike and Drake are awesome, Drake a bit more.

SuperBot seems to be hiring for another fighting game (more specifically, a new PSASBR)

ART DIRECTOR

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

Overview

A project such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which by definition brings together elements ranging from an incredibly wide range of artistic styles, requires a strong and unifying vision to present a cohesive and polished product. The Art Director is responsible for defining this vision, guiding the creation of art assets from concept through completion while helping develop new technology to facilitate this and maintain proper performance. In addition, the Art Director is responsible for guiding the overall advancement of the Art Department, through skills development of art teams and with an eye to the future across multiple projects. He or she will work with the art leads to guide all visual aspects of the game, including UI, front end shell, concept art, environments, characters, animation, effects, and cinematics. He or she will work with the programming leads in the planning, prioritizing and implementation of new technology. He or she will also represent SuperBot to external vendors, IP holders, and the publisher, explaining and demonstrating the vision and how individual characters, environments, or other assets will fit.

GAME DESIGNER / IMPLEMENTER

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

• Must have a near encyclopedic knowledge of modern games, with emphasis on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

• Knowledge of fighting games, their systems and mechanics a serious plus

Edited by Nintendoga

It's... strangely very soon as i expected: i mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but the game is in store for less then a month and the developers (who hadn't even finished planning all the DLC) are hiring someone to work on a potential sequel?

Unless maybe it's something like a PS4 porting as a launch title: that will make sense (although i will be kinda against that since i know that if Superbot will do this, they will easily fill up the game with new characters that i will not be able to play since the console itself will cost like 700-800 €).

Well Smash Bros Melee similarly debuted 2 years after the N64 in a timely release for the Gamecube launch. I wouldn't doubt that Sony and SuperBot wouldn't be able to do the same thing if the PS4 would be launching for 2014, but I'm surprised that Sony are planning to put some stake into it since this game hasn't performed well at all.

Either way I'd welcome a sequel that improves upon itself. Unless this is just listings to work on some DLC stuff.

Well Smash Bros Melee similarly debuted 2 years after the N64 in a timely release for the Gamecube launch. I wouldn't doubt that Sony and SuperBot wouldn't be able to do the same thing if the PS4 would be launching for 2014, but I'm surprised that Sony are planning to put some stake into it since this game hasn't performed well at all.

Either way I'd welcome a sequel that improves upon itself. Unless this is just listings to work on some DLC stuff.

I'm glad Sony are backing this franchise, in spite of its lack of widespread success. The game is pretty good, but its pretty obvious it could be a whole of a lot better, and I'm guesses Sony and Superbot know it too.

Edited by Scar

Two things to note from that job post:

I) It doesn't say it has to be a sequel or even a fighting game. In fact, Omar has said before they could explore other genres keeping the character mish-mash concept.

I'd personally love a DotA-alike game, easy way to make all the characters keep their different playstyles, allows for constant updates and works well with a free to play model (dat LoL raking in the moneys).

II) They are also looking for an art director to unify all of the different artstyles. While the core game is good and they have more than enough talent on staff to keep it like so, the most prominent of all the valid complaints concerns the barebones presentation. A cohesive style and flashy UI will go a long way to make whatever they make next more attractive.

And that way they will have an easier time convincing IP holders to borrow characters.

Notes from a chat session Omar Kendall and Daniel "Clockw0rk" Maniago had.

• They're currently focused on Nathan Drake, Raiden and Kratos in regards to character balance.

• Sackboy's nerf was planned before the game went live, but the nerf isn't set in stone.

• Kratos is the most popular character while Fat Princess is by far the least.

• SuperBot mainly considers ranked match statistics in regards to character balance. They do plan on revealing some of these stats on which characters are the most successful.

• They’re investigating the possibility of adding 1v1 ranked matches and a timer option for stock/kill limit.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/dec/13/superbot-looking-ranked-1v1-balancing-drake-raiden-and-kratos-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Popped into game today, they have one hell of an offer on instore and online.

This game is now half price brand new. PS3 version is £24.99 and the Vita is between £17-£19.99 depending if you shop instore or online.

And yes, the PS3 version also comes with the vita download too! Thats one heck of a good deal!

• Thumbs Up 2

Popped into game today, they have one hell of an offer on instore and online.

This game is now half price brand new. PS3 version is £24.99 and the Vita is between £17-£19.99 depending if you shop instore or online.

And yes, the PS3 version also comes with the vita download too! Thats one heck of a good deal!

nothing for NA?

nothing for NA?

There isn't a bus service to NA.

I've no idea. Game have been doing epic discounts on stuff all this month. Just happened to pop in there and noticed Little Big Planet Karting was only £20, RE 6 was £24 and battle royale was £25.

• 3 weeks later...

DLC characters are likely to cost around £2/$3 each.

Theres some kind of competition promotion thing running where you can win various prizes.. however whats interesting is the 'cash value' of said prizes. Namely, this one.

PRIZES: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC Pack digital voucher (approximate retail value: $3 each).

Now we know that the first batch of DLC is free, but this more or less confirms that there will be future DLC and we also have the aproximate price for it too.

Anyway... I finally got around to playing this.

The game for the most part is really really fun. I've had a blast playing online even if I've not won the game, I can't really fault it for the enjoyment I'm getting out of it.

However, that said, as someone who doesn't really play fighting games, there are a lot of issues... Fuck me, Kratos is bloody over-powered in every respect! How quickly does he build up his super meter? And his attacks!? utterly mental. I've also seen a lot of really cheap tactics, like Sackboy and the Killzone dude... 'we'll just go to the corner put up Sackboys shield whilst I shoot people with the sniper rifle' Though when this happened, me and my partner utterly destroyed them, it was quite easy to exploit the weakness with that 'stratergy' and win the fight. Was especially fun when one of the rivals quit too.

The actualy game is quite solid and really fun, but things like the menus just look so boring and lifeless it makes you think that they spent so much time making the game great that they just didn't bother with the interface.

But either way, I'm really enjoying it so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you ask me, 2-3 $ is a genuine price for a full character complete with alternate skins/costumes, set of icons/taunts/intros/outros and his arcade "story", especially compared to Jill and Shuma for MvC£/UMvC3 costing 5 $ each and with way less content.

Oh, btw, someone on Gamefaq linked a 1-2 weeks ago a contest made by Superbot that was asking the fans to create a potential Chimera (Resistance) moveset: now, as much as it will have sense to have a rep from Resistance in the roster, i feel it will be a little wasted, much like Evil Cole.

About the game in general, i finally took it 2 days ago and it's incredibly fun: one positive is that it's surprinsingly engaging with the unlockables, making me almost forget about the relativly small roster. Superbot has been very smart on that, i give them credit. And i can't wait to play Kat, Emmett and everyone that will come out next.

On the other hand, i found a strange glitch that makes the controls "slippery" in the main menu, jumping two times on an option i didn't want or selecting/canceling two times; strange, i hope they will fix it.

Oh, and i think Raiden is more OP then Kratos, but it seems that the next patch will nerf both of them :v

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

This might make people groan a little... But I'm quite shocked at how easy the trophies are in this game... and I guess you could say this relates to the difficulty.

This is probably a good thing in the long run since with the last beat em up I got MvC 3, I started to hate that game with all the crap the game expected you to do.

But when I saw the online trophies and there were 'Kill 3 opponents at once' and 'Kill the entire team in a 2v2 game' I was a bit 'ugh this isn't gonna be good.' But I ended up getting every online trophy after only 30 min of playing, I was quite shocked at how easy it was considering this was a first party game and a competitive online thing.

Even the one which was 'Win an online game without dying' couldn't believe it how I got it on the first game I tried to deliberately get it on.

Right now I think I have nearly 50% of all the trophies in the game and I've only been playing it since around 6PM. The only ones I have left are the complete the game as X character which is just a time thing.

Sadly one thing I wish they'd done was add more of the interactions between the characters. I love the scenes in the fight before the final boss, just wish there was more of them for each character.

PlayStation All-Stars is the easiest platinum trophy I've ever bothered to acquire. You can get everything done in a single day if you really try.

Edited by Shin Kuroi

Sadly one thing I wish they'd done was add more of the interactions between the characters. I love the scenes in the fight before the final boss, just wish there was more of them for each character.

Well, maybe i'm pretentious here, but i wish there was a good explanation about the overall story: not Subspace Emissary level, i'm not that pretentious, but the arcade of each character is basically the same:

-"I'm about to do something, but i heard of a place where warriors gathers around and there's someone who command them: i better go there.";

-Really funny and creative cutscenes with the rivals (i almost died for laughter at Sweet Tooth asking Kratos to pay for a cone);

-Polygon Man shows up not explaining why is evil and/or is testing the warriors;

-The hero absorbs Polygon Man's power energy and it uses to either power up himself or make his veichle more efficients, and then he/she goes back to what was doing before;

I mean, it's not that bad, a nice mix between UMvC3 and SFxT arcades, but i just wanted a little more backstory. Oh well, maybe for a sequel.

Edited by Teoskaven

Do want this game at some point, it's interested me for a while now. I'd end up getting the PS3 version though, so I got the Vita one as well, even though the Vita one is probably the one I'd most likely be playing.

Just doesn't make sense to pay £5 less for the Vita version, when I could pay that extra cash and get a home copy as well.

Sweet, can't wait to get my hands on some Kat goodness.

They said Early 2013 so I wouldn't be surprised if it came out next week, or on the 29th.