Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Jesus, it feels like almost all Kratos' players have the mindset of "mash square"

I10hA.jpg

On the bright side, in a 2v2 match, Me and my friend were both Parappa, fighting against Fat Princess and Kratos. F.P. didn't respawn, so we just kept comboing Kratos back and forth. Felt good man.

• Thumbs Up 4

On the bright side, in a 2v2 match, Me and my friend were both Parappa, fighting against Fat Princess and Kratos. F.P. didn't respawn, so we just kept comboing Kratos back and forth. Felt good man.

My one friend and I got in the very same situation before and did the same exact thing.... felt good indeed

I've just noticed that two Parappas in the same team aren't the best choice. Parappa has attacks that can "stop" the player (like the square+down) for some seconds, perfect for the second player to do a strong a attack or special attack. Me and my friend were nailing everybody with Parappa (me) and Sly (him), this combination worked very well.

Edited by Jango

Having never followed this game at all, is there anything worth caring about in this game?

It's fun man, it's fun. It got some guys and some talking animals smashing each others against walls and shit, lots of explosions, lightnings and bam-bam-bams. I wasn't interested in the game at all, but you gotta believe, watching is SO different from playing. Beta is free, try it.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm gonna download the beta so I have something to do today.

EDIT: Wow that sucked harder than I expected.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Errr... why each character's face has the left side different from the right side?

You mean the darker side?

I guess It's meant to be shading, though the lines could have been a little bit smoother. Still overall It looks bad.

Edited by Zone Seeker
  • Thumbs Up 1

You mean the darker side?

It's meant to be shading, though the lines could have been a little bit smoother. Still overall It looks bad.

Look at Nate and Kratos. Jak looks really awkward too xD They're horrible indeed!

Edited by Jango

Mostly Sackboy sticks out to me.

Playstation All-Stars....Flag Royale?

http://www.siliconer...-the-flag-game/

PaRappa the Rapper was a fast runner in the unseen capture the flag game. Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal was a defender and Kratos from the God of War series was a mid-range attacker. This prototype was coming together, but development switched to a fighting game when the PlayStation All-Stars team wanted to focus on single screen gameplay

Edited by Zone Seeker

I may cancel my preorder for this. I just can't get into the beta like I want to. The only character I ever want to play as is Sly (possibly Big Daddy) and it just feels so fucking chaotic. With other fighting games I feel like I can ease into each character's fighting style and find a strategy that works. With this game I feel like I'm just biding my time until I fill the specials bar and then hopefully land a decisive blow to someone.

I'd probably just pissed because the free-for-all battles are so fucking annoying at times. I'd much prefer 1 on 1 battles or bigger stages. Sometimes I can't even figure out who is hitting who in the inert angled mess of characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I just had a match with all four people playing as Kratos. Guess what happened...

3QyYK.png

Jesus Christ, learn to use a different button! I was the only one who used different attacks and didn't save my super for a level 3. I don't even think I used a level 2 and I still came in first. When will people realize that spamming one button will not net you a win, especially not against a good player (not that I'm even good).

• Thumbs Up 2

With 2 days left in beta, I finally got around to playing a few games the other day. I have to say, better than I expected, but that's not saying much when I thought the game was going to be crap that wouldn't come close to living up to Smash Bros. Hasn't convinced me that it's something I need to get.

Some legitimate grivances I've had deal with controls and with how tie breakers are handled. What posessed Super Bot to use the right stick to handle throws? They could've used L2 and the left stick to get the same result.

And why did the designers insist on making sure the game doesn't end in a draw? Oh noes, no one's e-pen will grow if we don't have a distinct clear winner! I found myself annoyed having gone into 2 overtimes in the same game last night. Absolutely no thought went into that part of the game. Rather than make it a quick round between just the players tied for 1st to break the tie, no, it just extends the timer by another minute and increases the amount of AP players get. And all players get to play, giving players who were behind in the actual round a chance to come back and win. Fuck that! If you were behind because 2 other people were better but tied each other you don't deserve more time to try and get better placement. It should've only been between the players that legitmately tied for first.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what annoys me about this game so far? I couldn't really piece it together before, but I've finally figured it. It's just how long everything takes. There are so many attacks that send you literally half way across the stage every time they hit you. But every time an attack like that happens, the attacker can never follow up with anything, and the receiver cannot tech at all. If you hit a wall, ceiling or floor you can't tech off it. Kratos has that autotracking grapple move that he uses to kick you away. It comes out really fast and the moment he presses the button it's basically set to hit you unless you quickly react and dodge (if you're Sly, good luck evading it). It just knocks you away, nets Kratos easy AP and then you both have to slowly run to each other to get back into the game. Another example is PaRapper's grapple to rapid jab. Overall the move is about 3 seconds of just watching him punch. The game's pace at the moment feels so stilted.

• Thumbs Up 2

Parappa is my awnser to this Kratos haha My, when they start the square fest, I just get near x Kratos, block and when I see a spot I just press circle multiple times. Parappa will hit the opponent non-stopping if you just keep pressing circle (not too fast), looks like a glitch. Also, Parappa circle+down attack gives him some AP, you can build a level 2 fast and destroy everybody hehe

Edited by Jango

Seth Killian:

Upgrading online tech means PS All-Stars beta is staying up for a few more days to test the new hotness. PAS crack > halloween candy smile.png

So more time to play it then.

Edited by Zone Seeker

I finally put my hand on the beta, and i'm not disappointed: i will definetly buy this game (the only questions are "when" and "at what price", but this will depend of future DLC announcements),

One thing i noticed is the voice acting: they apperently are going for the multi-5 here in Europe, and this is somehow good since guys like Kratos, Bentley and Murray all reprise their italian va, but at the same time i'm a little sad because they changed the Sly va :(

I don't remember about the original game, but Parappa use english voice even in this version, so i presume characters like Raiden and Dante will use english too; at the same time i'm a little worried for possible languages mix-up in the rival cutscenes.

I hope it's true: i had enough hopes crushed, so, here's my bag of salt.

Technically no: they had been always unclear about that, saying sometimes they had no plans, and sometimes the opposite.

Here is the english version of the trailer:

Sackboy tripping always makes me laugh.

But SuperBot already has confirmed DLC plans a while ago, isn't?

They never really confirmed it, SB just said that if there is enough requests they would like to work on that after the game is out.

KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT KAT

Edited by Tmsp