Awoo.

Realism in Sonic Games

Chaos Warp

This one?

elise.jpg

I still think it's worlds better than what we got.

They traced Rouge's body and Blaze's eyes.

A double standard is a principle unfairly in different ways for different groups. It's a bad thing as far as this argument is going to go.

And what "clashing styles", dude? You're talking about the realism, or are you talking about the humans? Because if it's the humans, Eggman clashes enough as it is simply because of that fact alone. If you don't want the humans to clash, it doesn't take a genius to understand that you can do so by making the humans cartoony enough like they did with Unleashed so they don't clash.

As far as I'm seeing it, your post was making up excuses to advocate getting rid of humans, and I'm gonna need something more convincing than that. There has been so many things that have clashed in this series that I'm very confident you never even bother to question. Such as the flickies, why are they smaller than Sonic and the other characters when he's an animal just like them? How do you explain how they look well despite them "clashing" like that? I could nit-pick at examples all day, but you see where I'm going.

Not exactly. If anything, they've really been even more all over the place.

Sure we had an authentic China and New York in Unleashed, but then we got Candyland and a Japanese-esque Atlantis in Colors. To say nothing of Eggmanland and the levels in Heroes. And then there's Pumpkin Hill and Mad Space, alongside Pearl Metal Harbor and San Francisco. And we've even went back to Angel Island while going into a Mayan Temple.

If anything this series has been more diverse since it hit 3D. It's really hard to complain about realism when you have non-realistic locations too. And it only comes across as selfish to demand more when the real locales have their fans too.

It's a bad thing... why? Because you don't like what it results in?

By Clashing styles I mean the style they copied from pixar that I didn't even like that much when pixar did it next to Sonic. That, or the style they used in Adventure when they didn't really know how to model people so they just made whatever and just called it good. Maria was so unbelievably ugly in that game, she looked like she had gills for eyes. Eggman fits because he was drawn by Oshima using Oshima's style, the same style he used to draw Sonic. This is not a question of logic, it is a question of ascetics. If you want to talk about his redesign, it's ugly and shouldn't have been used.

And why are you describing these post Yasuhara examples to me? What do you believe I'm going to do with them?

They traced Rouge's body and Blaze's eyes.

I doubt they're even concerned with that.

It's a bad thing... why? Because you don't like what it results in?

Well that's one minor reason, but my feelings are completely irrelevant.

The main reason why is because it makes absolutely no sense to exclude humans on the grounds that they're humans yet you give special exception to Eggman despite that. You want no humans, Eggman goes with them, no if, ands, buts about it.

By Clashing styles I mean the style they copied from pixar that I didn't even like that much when pixar did it next to Sonic. That, or the style they used in Adventure when they didn't really know how to model people so they just made whatever and just called it good. Maria was so unbelievably ugly in that game, she looked like she had gills for eyes. Eggman fits because he was drawn by Oshima using Oshima's style, the same style he used to draw Sonic.

So basically you don't like it because Oshima didn't make them is what I'm drawing at here. It's either that or you just don't like them and won't like anything regarding them no matter how they're designed, who designed then, and how they manage to fit. First off, simply because it was designed by Oshima doesn't make it fit for that reason alone, unless you also think Madonna would have fit by that reason as well had they actually used her.

So what dude? Am I missing something? Because if anything, you're just being really impossible here regarding the use of humans and the way they look. You brought up an anime style for how humans could be redesigned, and how exactly would they fit despite not being designed by Oshima?

This is not a question of logic, it is a question of ascetics.

Quit dodging, because it is a question of logic. Aesthetics may be part of the argument, but logic and reason are every bit as relevant here and the main reason we're arguing in the first place.

If you want to talk about his redesign, it's ugly and shouldn't have been used.

Who the hell's redesign are you talking about? Because I was only talking about the humans other than Eggman.

If you're talking about Eggman, then you're sounding almost like Nicochi when you say that and the stuff you said before, and I really don't throw that at someone very lightly.

And why are you describing these post Yasuhara examples to me? What do you believe I'm going to do with them?

To point out how silly it is to take out one thing because they clash and yet you're okay with other "clashing" elements. I'd ask you the same regarding Oshima's style for Eggman when it's no longer used, but that wouldn't be very relevant now would it?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

The main reason why is because it makes absolutely no sense to exclude humans on the grounds that they're humans yet you give special exception to Eggman despite that. You want no humans, Eggman goes with them, no if, ands, buts about it.

Why? This makes no sense.

So basically you don't like it because Oshima didn't make them is what I'm drawing at here.

They've got a bunch of artists who can't match styles at all, Oshima didn't work on Sonic 2 and 3 but everything there looks fine.

I'm also wondering how long this will go on till you'll realize that not having humans was one of two options, the other being people that look similar to those in Cyborg 009 and Astro Boy.

Why? This makes no sense.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I don't fuck a give if there are humens or not. As long as what they have is used well.

I don't really care what style the humans are drawn in, just pick one and be consistent and I won't have any problems.