Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

30 bucks is too expensive but the things they added are all things I felt really strongly about when they were absent from the main game so I'll grab it and give the game One Last Playthrough. 

I don't expect to like it that much more if the core gameplay doesn't get major updates but this series used to mean the world to me so I feel like I at least owe it this chance.

For anyone considering running through KH3 again - Critical mode has a option to turn off Attraction Flow, and focus more on forms/summons. It also takes longer to build up your forms/summons/team attacks as well IIRC.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Jeeeeeez why is it 30 dollars. I was expecting it to be far lower than that, especially since none of the new stuff really jumps out to me as being worth half the game's $60 launch price. That's a hard pass from me especially since I didn't like KH3 enough to finish it. Even the bosses alone would be more appealing to me if KH3's battle system was actually good in the first place

Probably the Final Mix element of it all. Remember, they USED to get away with charging full price for this.

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I would never play this game on Critical.

Totally fair. In my opinion, 2FM is the ONLY ONE that did Critical Mode right. It was so much fun, because you were a glass cannon. In later games, they keep going with the you being made of glass thing, but they removed the power boost you get.

7 minutes ago, Conando Claus said:

Totally fair. In my opinion, 2FM is the ONLY ONE that did Critical Mode right. It was so much fun, because you were a glass cannon. In later games, they keep going with the you being made of glass thing, but they removed the power boost you get.

This along with the bigger mobs and wacky camera making getting blindsided far more common means I've never made a serious attempt at anything past standard on this game and probably never will. 

This isn't even really just a KH3 thing. I find higher difficulties in most games pretty unbalanced and kind of a drag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Proud mode really isn't that bad, it makes it sort of like Normal mode on most other games. Critical is definitely not balanced, though.

I played KH3 on proud mode (I never played previous games on anything higher than standard) and it was incredibly, mindlessly easy; I don't recall if I died more than once at any point. I actually had to avoid using attractions or summons, though I did use the occasional keyblade form since it shakes up the monotony of it all. At the same time I have no interest in playing even harder difficulties - similar to Wraith I almost never stray beyond the normal recommended difficulty because that's ideally where the game ought to be the best-balanced and designed for. If the normal difficulty is a fucking joke and people tell me to play on a harder one to get any enjoyment from it, then there's a serious problem with how the game is designed there.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Sean said:

Jeeeeeez why is it 30 dollars. I was expecting it to be far lower than that, especially since none of the new stuff really jumps out to me as being worth half the game's $60 launch price. That's a hard pass from me especially since I didn't like KH3 enough to finish it. Even the bosses alone would be more appealing to me if KH3's battle system was actually good in the first place

Oh shoot, seriously? I paid about 70 and thought this shit was gonna be free. 

4 hours ago, Sean said:

I played KH3 on proud mode (I never played previous games on anything higher than standard) and it was incredibly, mindlessly easy; I don't recall if I died more than once at any point.

I think I did the same actually. Though I can't correlate with that second sentence when there's things like the Toy Story mechs running around. 

I died once because I lost the boat race in the PotC stage and once as Riku because they remapped Curaga to a different shortcut, hehe. For Proud mode it was really easy, but I didn't really mind. Oh, and I did attempt the final secret boss at like, level 40, which ended poorly.

I'm fairly certain that on the standard stuff on Proud, I only died like twice, or three times. I can't remember which bosses off the top of my head, other than Xehanort's final form got me during that bit where he strips Sora of his light and forces him into Rage Form.

I didn't die at all in the game up until the pirate world flying boss because I didn't get how it worked. Died a couple more times on the final boss but that's it. 

These game have always been some of the easier action games you can play though so I want them to focus on giving the combat more agency as opposed to harder vs easier.

I did a second playthrough on Proud. I turned on the No Exp ability a few times near the beginning to stop myself from levelling up too high.

I eventually stopped using No Exp because holy hell does the difficulty go up if you’re not sufficiently levelled.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

We got a Q&A detailing the features of 1.07, and some of the bonus content in re:Mind.

1. Oathkeeper and Oblivion have been added, with a light and dark form retrospectively, cutscenes have been fixed, blocked parts of the game are now unlocked, and 6 new normal combo action abilities.

2. Photo Mode got an extensive revamp.

3. New difficulty modifiers named FastPass Mode, and Black Mode, FastPass is designed to help get through the game ASAP, while Black is for adding difficulty modifiers, examples given were FastPass has auto guard as an option, while Black has an option to make your HP constantly drop while playing. There will be new added achievements and trophies for these modes, currently - the only known achievement is in FastPass mode, making it from Repunzel’s Tower to Chrona while touching the ground as little as possible.

4. New fights against all of the New Organisation are called Limit Cut Bosses, and have totally revamped A.I, difficulty, moves, and patterns, and have been designed for different ways of beating them, Xion and Xehanort are listed as most difficulty in particular.

5. There is a new secret boss that is so hard it can “make people cry”, and it was added by the request of Nomura. It’s been said that they surveyed testers and developers who fought the secret bosses before, and it did indeed make them cry. It’s mentioned to have a high number of attack patterns, but “is perfectly winnable without taking a hit”. 

6. More or less already known info about ReMind - Roxas, Riku, Aqua, and Kairi are reconfirmed as playable, you can swap between English and Japanese voices whenever, and you can activate a mode that lets you listen to recordings from the KH Orchestra if you got the video add on.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

cutscenes have been fixed

What does that mean?

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

More or less already known info about Rebirth

“Rebirth”?

26 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

What does that mean?

“Rebirth”?

It doesn’t say, it just says fixes to cutscenes.

And Remind, I keep mixing it up with DC Rebirth lol

48 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

you can swap between English and Japanese voices whenever,

Does that also apply to international versions? Because while Japan typically gets English voices via Final Mixes or dual audio collections, we've never had JP voices in any capacity.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Does that also apply to international versions? Because while Japan typically gets English voices via Final Mixes or dual audio collections, we've never had JP voices in any capacity.

I'm not sure because the info comes from a Japanese Q&A with the game director that was translated. That said, given this is a DLC Final Mix, as opposed to the Japanese-only physical releases, It's possible they might be implementing the option for both versions.

Here's the translation, for context's sake:

We've also got footage of the new Photo mode:

21 hours ago, Big Panda said:

What does that mean?

“Rebirth”?

Update - someone listed the cutscene updates to Reddit.

I don’t know how it’s possible, but Remind playthroughs are already popping up on youtube...

EDIT: here’s what the updated version of the ending looks like

21 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

I don’t know how it’s possible, but Remind playthroughs are already popping up on youtube...

EDIT: here’s what the updated version of the ending looks like

The DLC released in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, since it’s past midnight in those regions. Pre orders can pre load and play at midnight in their retrospective country.

13 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

But I thought it wasn’t coming out til Friday?

No, it releases tomorrow.