Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Just had a thought; what if Sora and Riku’s new Team Attack was a more powerful version of their Limit in KHII, ending with Mirage Split?

Pointless random thought #284: What if Castle of Dreams returned and used the Twist in Time plot? That could mean Sora could take advantage of Lady Tremaine’s* time-twisting to get Aqua back from the past (in the hypothetical event that she was lost), and would be antagonized by Xemnas and Young Xehanort.

*Yes, Lady Tremaine survived the pumpkin blast from the Cursed Coach in this hypothetical situation, sue me.

It still baffles me that people believe Tremaine and the stepsisters were killed by that pumpkin blast.

Anyway, I’m not exactly sure what you mean by getting Aqua back from the past.

31 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

It still baffles me that people believe Tremaine and the stepsisters were killed by that pumpkin blast.

Anyway, I’m not exactly sure what you mean by getting Aqua back from the past.

Using the wand’s time magic to go back to the events of BBS (specifically, the battle at the Keyblade Graveyard) to save Aqua and Ventus from the past in the event that neither of them can be saved in the present (they’d have to leave Terra behind because his body was taken).

Ehhh.

Another issue is that the time travel on display in ATiT contradicts the KH standard of time travel. Then again so does Merlin’s, so what do I know.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Last night I finished the story of this, and I liked the interactions between the teams [Aqua, Ven, Terra/Axel, Roxas, Xion] and some of the 'death' scenes of the Organisation members. The bosses themselves weren't too bad, either. But the final boss... well, first armoured phase... That was terrible. Only time I've ever quit out of a fight to eat a meal to boost stats. And even then I don't think I'd have managed to one-shot the entire fight had it not been for some lucky rage forms.

Overall, I still stand by what I said in my latest What I'm Waiting For post, in that for every good thing the game does, there's something bad attached to it.

What are your DLC hopes that you know won't happen?

For me, it's an expanded Twilight Town, a playable Radiant Garden, and Gilgamesh as an optional boss.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, Perkilator said:

Using the wand’s time magic to go back to the events of BBS (specifically, the battle at the Keyblade Graveyard) to save Aqua and Ventus from the past in the event that neither of them can be saved in the present (they’d have to leave Terra behind because his body was taken).

Probably because it would be pretty cruel on the heroes' part. They'd be leaving Terra, Aqua and Ven in horrific situations that let's be honest - Mickey at the very least can be blamed hard for not saving Aqua between KH1 and 3. It would be a dick move to not bother to save her and just grab versions from the past. And besides that, it worked out well in the end anyways, so time travel to get them would be unneeded. 

On top of that, they have no way of holding their hearts from the past. You need a vessel to contain the heart in, and only OXIII has them, the exception being when Vexen double-crossed them and gave Zexion a vessel to hold Roxas' heart. Other than a vessel, you'd need a body, which would mean going into the Dark Realm to save Aqua anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Probably because it would be pretty cruel on the heroes' part. They'd be leaving Terra, Aqua and Ven in horrific situations that let's be honest - Mickey at the very least can be blamed hard for not saving Aqua between KH1 and 3. It would be a dick move to not bother to save her and just grab versions from the past. And besides that, it worked out well in the end anyways, so time travel to get them would be unneeded. 

On top of that, they have no way of holding their hearts from the past. You need a vessel to contain the heart in, and only OXIII has them, the exception being when Vexen double-crossed them and gave Zexion a vessel to hold Roxas' heart. Other than a vessel, you'd need a body, which would mean going into the Dark Realm to save Aqua anyway.

...Okay.

• 1 month later...

This thread hasn't been active since September, sooo....how would you react if the Wight Knight and Gargoyle Heartless returned in Monstropolis, redesigned to fit with the factory theme of Monsters Inc.?

On 11/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, Perkilator said:

This thread hasn't been active since September, sooo....how would you react if the Wight Knight and Gargoyle Heartless returned in Monstropolis, redesigned to fit with the factory theme of Monsters Inc.?

A bit of a random question, but it'd be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

RE:MIND JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT MORE INTERESTING

Launches January 23rd on PS4 and February 25th on Xbox One.

Edit: Squeenix took the original vid down, so here's a sub!

• Thumbs Up 4

Having played both versions (on ps4pro and Xbox One X) I’m extremely disappointed about the seeming timed exclusivity. I either be patient, or I deal with the degraded quality of the Ps4 pro version. That and the PS4pro hates my Samsung tv.

I’m not sure if I should be hyped as hell, or annoyed that the DLC is basically just “here’s everything that REALLY should’ve been included in the base game to begin with”.

I don't really care whether it should've been in the base game or DLC, I'm super hyped for this!

I thought Yozora was Noctis at first though, which is my only nitpick, hehe.

Calling it, Yozora is the top tier superboss meant to tease for the next game.
Also, where exactly is Riku talking with Aerith, Yuffie and Leon?

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Also, where exactly is Riku talking with Aerith, Yuffie and Leon?

Merlin’s house in Radiant Garden.

Any idea if the extra characters are fully playable or are they only available during this DLC's bosses?

18 hours ago, Koopa Klaus CC14 said:

RE:MIND JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT MORE INTERESTING

Launches January 23rd on PS4 and February 25th on Xbox One.

Edit: Squeenix took the original vid down, so here's a sub!

Yeah, no kiddin.

Spoiler

The Final Fantasy team, some relevance for the Dark Inferno, a bit more detail on The Box, some expansion on Vexen's subplot, and playable Kairi, which honestly flew under the radar on the first watch.

18 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I’m not sure if I should be hyped as hell, or annoyed that the DLC is basically just “here’s everything that REALLY should’ve been included in the base game to begin with”.

Yeah, seriously. 

I was honestly confused by the first trailer because the Xion segments seemed like they were pretty much what happened in the actual story except from a different perspective.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Any idea if the extra characters are fully playable or are they only available during this DLC's bosses?

Good Question.

Something tells me they're just playable in specific circumstances, though. Could be reality.

Somebody pointed out that Sora’s situation in Remind sounds an awful lot like the on-screen text at the end of that old KH1 beta trailer.

“That’s right, Sora. Your body, your soul, your entire existence...they’re all going to disappear!”

1 hour ago, Panda Claus said:

Somebody pointed out that Sora’s situation in Remind sounds an awful lot like the on-screen text at the end of that old KH1 beta trailer.

“That’s right, Sora. Your body, your soul, your entire existence...they’re all going to disappear!”

Now that's a deepcut. A meaningful one too.

Cripes, Kairi's mouth. Looks like Disney Castle was supposed to be a world sooner too.

Jeeeeeez why is it 30 dollars. I was expecting it to be far lower than that, especially since none of the new stuff really jumps out to me as being worth half the game's $60 launch price. That's a hard pass from me especially since I didn't like KH3 enough to finish it. Even the bosses alone would be more appealing to me if KH3's battle system was actually good in the first place