Awoo.

What Video Game can you not stand?

TheNicollette30

Dare I say, that I would enjoy a good FPS if it were rife with undeserved patriotism in the context of the story and makes its point(WAR IS HELL) a little more obvious in the theme of it's story?

Know what I want to see more of? A modern shooter that takes place in environments and on premises that aren't fucking depressing. That includes post-apocalyptic wastelands, war zones and/or dystopiae. I realize that a degree of conflict worth killing people over is necessary for a shooter to make sense, but the environment doesn't have to be so dreary for it. I mean, Serious Sam, Painkiller and Metroid Prime made it work, if the latter could at its core be called a "shooter."

Know what I want to see more of? A modern shooter that takes place in environments and on premises that aren't fucking depressing. That includes post-apocalyptic wastelands, war zones and/or dystopiae. I realize that a degree of conflict worth killing people over is necessary for a shooter to make sense, but the environment doesn't have to be so dreary for it. I mean, Serious Sam, Painkiller and Metroid Prime made it work, if the latter could at its core be called a "shooter."

You know want games I can't stand?

Broken Games, especially when buying pre-owned games and they end up dead!dry.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Every 3-D Sonic game between Adventure 2 and Unleashed. They're all messes of technical problems with awful level design. Admittedly, Heroes is...mediocre...but Shadow and 06 are some of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to not stand Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Do not get me wrong. I simply never figured where to go. I spent centuries. It hurt my brain. I was a dumb little bugger.

Actually, I liked Majora's Mask BETTER (!) than OoT. Seriously. The storyline was just a big chunk of it.

Edited by Benson

Actually, I liked Majora's Mask BETTER (!) than OoT. Seriously. The storyline was just a big chunk of it.

I liked MM more than OoT because it had much more replay value, cleverer dungeon design and there was more life in the surroundings. Not to mention the game was very good at giving you a sense of paranoia and making you genuinely care about the world and it's inhabitants. It also proves that you don't need scare chords and gore to incite horror in a gamer, just potent psychological techniques and an atmospheric soundtrack.

634062-super_mario_bros_3_boxfront_744048_large.jpg

Ok. Before you start raging, let me explain...

When I was a little kid, I had a NES and Genesis. It was Christmas time and I had one thing on my mind: Super Mario Bros. 3. I really wanted this game. I kept asking my parents all year for it. They kept saying the same thing: Wait till' Christmas. So when Christmas came round, I was really excited. So I woke up on Christmas day and I rushed downstairs and there were all my presents. So I kept opening my presents to eventually get to Super Mario. It finally happens and I love every moment of it. I couldn't wait to play this!

*3 hours later*

WHY HAVE I LOST 30 LIVES ON WORLD 1- So yeah. It was too hard for me. So I put the game back into its box and leave it on the floor. I quickly run upstairs to brush my teeth. Come back down and Super Mario Bros. 3 wasn't on the floor. I wondered where it could have gone. Then I heard a noise from outside. I looked through the window, and there was my dog, chewing on the SMB3 cartridge. Then he stands up, turns around and shits on it. X_X

So we cleaned the cartridge off and I tried to get it to work in my NES. Thanks to my dogs teeth, the main circuit board inside the cartridge had snapped.. And this is why everyday I look at SMB3 I see dog shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

So we cleaned the cartridge off and I tried to get it to work in my NES. Thanks to my dogs teeth, the main circuit board inside the cartridge had snapped.. And this is why everyday I look at SMB3 I see dog shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

But then you might be tainted with the '06, making reality break around you! Falling through floors, doing cartwheels when you touch anything while moving, it would ruin your life.

Though you might be able to walk on walls....

Edited by Ekaje

Well, back to the original plan of getting a dog to deal with it then. :lol:

On topic, I also can't stand The Sims games. Especially the fact that EA charge the price of a full game for ever single little expansion pack. ​It's ridiculous.

Much as I agree with you on that one, Nickleback isn't a video game.

:V

In seriousness, I really can't stand most rhythm games, such as "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band", even if I can somewhat handle the RB games since they have much more effort and solidity to them than Activision's daily gruel. I will say I liked DJ Hero, though.

Also, jumping on the bandwagon, FPSes and JRPGS I can't stand for multiple reasons.

Dr. Phil

I can't believe you Dr. Phil is the best game ever.

I haven't really come across a game I absolutely could not stand... Guess I'll catch some flak for this but I wasn't very fond of Bayonetta, could be because I owned the ps3 version I don't know, games like that and God of War never appealed to me.

Left out Sonic 06, though that should be a given considering how much I stopped caring about the Sonic series thanks to that atrocity... along with Sonic Unleashed, too repetitive, and werehog stages are too long to hold my attention and don't really do anything different as you progress.

Edited by Silencer226

Dr Phil 3??? GOOD? You must be joking.

First off, DP3 totally ruined the fresh feel of DP1. DP1 actually gave you the ability to play as Oprah. OPRAH. Who wouldn't want to play as Oprah. Oprah made everything more fun. She controlled way better and Dr Phil. Dr Phil was slow, he couldn't jump, his attacks were weak and involved way too much grinding for psycho brains. I swear it was stupid. Oprah gameplay saved that game from being the worst game of all time. The soundtrack was pretty bland too. Oprah's theme was boss, though. But seriously, you had all the wrong music playing at the wrong time. They actually put an orchestral type song while you're swimming in jelly beans. Makes no freaking sense. The voice acting was sub-par. Could've been much better. And the ending was stupid. Such an abrupt ending. It's like "I need help..." *black screen* WTF IS THAT?

And then, OMG, DP2. Easily the BEST of the series. They actually fixed most of the problems with Dr Phil. Dr Phil was actually fun to use in this game. They put more focus on the main character and I can appreciate that. Oprah gameplay was still better though, especially now that she had the Mind Read ability. The good thing about this game was the new open world exploration. That made everything more fun. DP1 was all about different people coming to you for help. In DP2 you could actually go to them. You could choose who to help and who not to help and make your own decisions that would affect the story which adds to the replay value. The only real problem I had was some framerate issues during the platforming parts. The music was a lot better too. The pre order came with an awesome soundtrack which was smart. And just when you think the series made a turn for the better, BOOM, Oprah dies in the end. Like, c'mon Ash Cake Studios (developer), Oprah kept your series alive. It could have let the series go on and live for a few more installments.

Then we have DP3... you know what, I'll just stop here. For anyone reading this, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME OR ANY GAME AFTER IT. The DP series died. DP3 had so many problems. It's as if they didn't even try. I won't bore you with the details...

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm so confused.

confused is also what I was when I played Other M. Confused like, why. Just why. So that's a game I can't stand and stuff.

Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil 2: Cheesesteak Throwdown in Fil

Dr. Phil 3: Escape from Corn Sand Village

Dr. Phil and K'nuckles Whinfrey

Dr. Phil Extreme Boogaloo Racing

Dr. Phil VI: Return of the Jedi

Started good... ended bad. And GOD those spinoffs

• Thumbs Up 4