Awoo.

What Video Game can you not stand?

TheNicollette30

I hate Nickelback.

Yes.

JRPGS I can't stand for multiple reasons.

Wait, no!

Dr Phil 3: Escape from Corn Sand Village

No, NO!!! D:

Wait...nevermind.

Alright guys, enough of this goofing off. Let's get back on topic proper.

k.

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22. Has there ever been a worse fighting game than this piece of garbage?

Also, why does everyone hate FPS's so much? :[ Hate on CoD, not the genre as a whole.

Edited by Rigby

I'm going to risk getting stuck in the 1990s and say anything Mario, really.

While I respect those who adore him, and understand that his videogames are routinely critically acclaimed, I personally don't find anything remotely engaging about them. That alone isn't enough to properly hate on them, but I guess couple that general "What's the point?" attitude with the overbearing "Oh my God, he's the greatest evaaar!" from the community and it wears me down, if I'm honest.

The elitism of some online communities also irritates me. While I've nothing against Call of Duty, I'll never play multiplayer on it ever again.

Something I've never played is World of Warcraft, so I appreciate my opinion isn't entirely valid... but that sucks, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mario at this point is like the generic figure/icon to gaming, like Mickey Mouse to cartoons and comic. He's not a Childhood Hero, or had an unusual, special, loveable or new personality.

One area that Sonic easily trumps Mario is the amount of Artstyles. We have not seen not new Artstyles for a Mario game since Galaxy 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

I despise those weeds in Animal Crossing. I don't want to pull them all, I don't want to see them, but I don't want to delete my town either. Just makes me put down the game again after picking it up after a few months.

• Thumbs Up 1

As all may know by now. I can NOT stand the Call Of Duty series in whole. To me it's the same game over and over and over again with very small extras added on, on every new game. Next to that.....Super Magnetic Neo. I hated this game mainly because I was a kid and had a short temper with certain games. But I think if I were to go back and try it again I would have more patience for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

There are two game series that I can't exactly stand and they are the "Call of Duty" and "Madden" series.

I can't stand Call of Duty for a few reasons. First is that it just is the same game re-released but with only slightly more improvements and content. Another is that it is too short in the single-player mode.

The reason that I can't stand the "Madden" series is again it's the same game re-released with few improvements and new content. Another is paying for DLC that is already on the disk which should've been unlocked to begin with.

I like how nobody's complaints about Call of Duty go beyond "Its the same shit every year" but we're perfectely fine with games like Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3DS land.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't really play Mario games. Heck I skipped SMG2 because I knew it was a slightly upgraded version of SMG. As for Skyward sword, I don't plan on buying it. I really enjoy my LOZ games but I just can't see myself buying another wii game anymore.

And now that I think about it, Sonic and the secret rings is another game I can't stand. There was nothing about it I liked, except the concept that came to be Unleashed, then Colours/colors and now Generations. The music was annoying, the levels were a drag, and to top that, the final cutscene (YOUTUBE FTW) was a joke. Really SEGA? That's the best way to make sonic sound corny as crap.

To be honest I really don't like sports games that much either. All they do with each new game is just add a couple new features, get better graphics, and update the roster. Other than that, every sports game I've seen is just a carbon copy of last years game. Plus sports games are kinda boring to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how nobody's complaints about Call of Duty go beyond "Its the same shit every year" but we're perfectely fine with games like Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3DS land.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because those games have variety. Call of Duty is literally the same game over and over. You're just pissy because you like COD or something.

Though some people may see CoD as the same game over and over again, that's completely opinionated. To you it may be similar every year, to me its a fresh experience each time. I see it differently than you do. There's no problem with that. I like CoD but mainly because I like a game with a long-lasting Online experience. For a person like me, CoD can fulfill this, but for a person such as yourself and others, it may not fulfill your gaming standards. It all depends on the types of games people like. Some, like myself, like Multiplayer games and can not stand playing games without another person to compete against. Others like Single Player games and would rather not play with teammates or opponents (I don't blame them anyway, teammates generally suck unless you play with a group of friends.)

The only game I cannot stand is World of Warcraft. I've seen that game in action a few times, and I will admit it was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. It was so uninteresting and a huge bore; after about 5 minutes I could not stand that and asked my friend if we could do something else. This sort of goes for most MMOs, I just don't really see a big point in them.

Outside of that, there really is not anything I generally hate. I always tend to stay away from anything that looks uninteresting, or something I know I would not like.

(I saw someone comment on Madden and I don't like you.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Because those games have variety.

Such as? From what I've seen its the same shit we've been doing for the past 20/25 years.

You're just pissy because you like COD or something.

Yes, that must be the reason, anyone who defends CoD has no taste in video games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Such as? From what I've seen its the same shit we've been doing for the past 20/25 years.

...Did you even play Galaxy 2?

Yes, that must be the reason, anyone who defends CoD has no taste in video games.

Pretty much, yeah.

OKAI EYE KEED

Actually, now that I think about it...well, I really don't understand how people can be putting down sixty bucks for literally the exact same game every year unless the story means that much to them. Besides, Battlefield, Halo and Killzone are all better anyway.

Though some people may see CoD as the same game over and over again, that's completely opinionated.

Ehh...not really, no. If you don't mind the fact that they're the same, then, well, okay, but it's hard to deny that, minus the story and graphical improvements, each of the games are very similar to each other.

Really, though, much as it may sound like it, I have nothing against CoD in and of itself. Heck, maybe if I were a fan I'd view it differently. What DOES annoy me about the series is that the "sameyness" of each installment and the intense popularity of the series has led many, especially here, to bash on the FPS genre as a whole.

Edited by Rigby
  • Thumbs Up 2

Though some people may see CoD as the same game over and over again, that's completely opinionated. To you it may be similar every year, to me its a fresh experience each time. I see it differently than you do. There's no problem with that. I like CoD but mainly because I like a game with a long-lasting Online experience. For a person like me, CoD can fulfill this, but for a person such as yourself and others, it may not fulfill your gaming standards. It all depends on the types of games people like. Some, like myself, like Multiplayer games and can not stand playing games without another person to compete against. Others like Single Player games and would rather not play with teammates or opponents (I don't blame them anyway, teammates generally suck unless you play with a group of friends.)

You may like game and others may like the popular online, but it doesn't excuse the piss-poor campaigns they create in it, same goes for any/most modern shooter's.

I am a Halo fan but even I can see when the series gets stale, Halo CE = genius, Halo 2 = a bit more fast paced, its okay, Halo 3 = fuck yeah, Halo ODST = a more engaging campaign, woooo!!! Halo Reach = EVERYONE DIES!!!! (but really its story sucked hard, especially after playing it more than once) but playing as your custom spartan was something I had wanted for a while :D

so yeah, I'm not big on most modern shooters...

Halo Reach = EVERYONE DIES!!!! (but really its story sucked hard, especially after playing it more than once)

384-epic-rage-face.jpg

Say that again. I DARE you.

.......Yes, and of all games that illustrates my point the best, you could call that game Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 or an updated port, it even reuses areas from the first game, but this perfectly is fine, but CoD which pretty much does the same thing, is looked down upon.

Here's the thing, though: Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has a lot of diversity in the design of its levels and the mechanics thereof. CoD (and, admittedly, most other FPS') are just getting from point A to point B and shooting. However, the difference between CoD and such series as Killzone and Halo is that those two series have a plot that is expanded upon with each installment, and each installment comes with improvements to gameplay mechanics and may even change things up in some way or add some new mechanic to make things feel fresh. I've never observed such a thing with the CoD series, and I don't see that as a good thing. But hey, the fans seem to disagree, so what do I know? I don't dislike CoD anyway; I just don't love it and I wouldn't want to talk about it here anyway since everyone here seems to have some sort of grudge against it if not the FPS genre as a whole. Admittedly, FPS's are over-saturated, but no more so than platformers were in the 90's.

Edited by Rigby
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's the thing, though: Super Mario Galaxy 2 actually has a lot of diversity in the design of its levels and the mechanics thereof. CoD (and, admittedly, most other FPS') are just getting from point A to point B and shooting. However, the difference between CoD and such series as Killzone and Halo is that those two series have a plot that is expanded upon with each installment, and each installment comes with improvements to gameplay mechanics and may even change things up in some way or add some new mechanic to make things feel fresh. I've never observed such a thing with the CoD series, and I don't see that as a good thing. But hey, the fans seem to disagree, so what do I know? I don't dislike CoD anyway; I just don't love it and I wouldn't want to talk about it here anyway since everyone here seems to have some sort of grudge against it if not the FPS genre as a whole. Admittedly, FPS's are over-saturated, but no more so than platformers were in the 90's.

The mechanics in SMG 2 are exactly the same as the first. Anyway Killzone and Halo have original stories, while CoD is mainly based on real world events, it lacks the sci-fi feel that the other two have, so maybe that's it, I dunno.

All you CoD haters, play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare. Rent it and just complete the campaign.

Then just try and telll me if that game is just your average grey-brown shooter. Try it.

I happen to think that CoD4 is one of the greatest games ever made. Yeah the campaign is a little on the short side, but it has a phenominal story and excellently written characters. Its engaging from start to finish. Its also one of the few examples of a game with a solid campaign and a really fun online multiplayer system.

It is the game that created the modern-day shooter, and it is still the best.

"Soap" MacTavish, Cpt. Price, Nikolai and Gaz, 4EVA!!!!

Anyway, enough adulation of CoD4. Yes, the series went to the drain after that game. MW2 turned the insanity up to 11 in terms of story, but the characterisation was still really good. In fact the characters are the principle reason I might rent/buy MW3, and I don't even know if they're going to be in the game (I hope they are)

But enough about CoD.

A game I can't stand. This is a difficult one.....

Wii Play.

It barely counts as a game, as opposed to something that comes with a Wiimote. Yet its probably sold in vast quantities, simply because its bundled with a controller. Its not even that fun, the minigames get old after 2 or 3 25min sessions....probably less.

• Thumbs Up 1

384-epic-rage-face.jpg

Say that again. I DARE you.

Halo Reach = EVERYONE DIES!!!! (but really its story sucked hard, especially after playing it more than once)

Also @Scar, I've heard alot about COD 4 being great, even by my girlfriend, she'd prefers that COD to any other, even my little brother, and he has literally NO good taste in anything...so I'l take your word for it, but that doesn't mean the series still doesn't suck, but I'm tired, let's talk about more games that suck.......Fucking James Pond = Robocod, how many systems is that game on?

I know its shallow but games tend to be ruined for me by other people who love a game so much that when I simply say I'm not interested in it or it was simply an 'okay' experience jump down my throat for not wanting to play it/not enjoying it.

The biggest one of recent memory (because I don't have time to play many games these days) was with Portal 2. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent game. I liked the time I spent playing it but it was so easy to me and I blitzed through it in no time. I didn't really have a chance to check out the multiplayer but that alone wouldn't have saved my disappointment with just how easily I beat through it. The dialogue was nice and witty and yes the story was fun and the gameplay itself was nice...but it didn't leave me feeling very satisfied. I simply wanted more from it. To me it was just a 'decent' experience and not anything I'd consider a memorable experience. I just had a decent time. But no, don't ever express that thought because then if your luck is anything like mine you get a billion people jumping at you for simply saying 'it wasn't all that'. Now I detest this game because of other people simply ruining the decent experience by just making me loathe it.

Minecraft is another example. I don't really care to try it, it doesn't look like something that appeals to me, and I am really not fond of the mentality of "it too is the greatest thing since sliced bread and if you don't agree then you suck". I can respect the game for what it is, but its not for me. Unfortunately I have absolutely zero intention of trying it now.

Of course, the thing is I used to be one of those people who used to jump at others for that crap, I will admit it. I guess now that I've gotten older and matured and stuff it doesn't matter to me if someone doesn't like a game I don't like as long as they're respectful about it to me, and I'll be respectful about their decision back. I see no wrong in expression a dislike for something. So now it just bugs me when people get this stupid attitude that makes them feel like they can act like dicks and make you feel like you're stupid if you don't like a game they like (or even don't like as much as them but still enjoy to a degree). It just ruins games for me and plummets any interest I have in certain titles to zero.

Edited by Punk

All you CoD haters, play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare. Rent it and just complete the campaign.

Then just try and telll me if that game is just your average grey-brown shooter. Try it.

I happen to think that CoD4 is one of the greatest games ever made. Yeah the campaign is a little on the short side, but it has a phenominal story and excellently written characters. Its engaging from start to finish. Its also one of the few examples of a game with a solid campaign and a really fun online multiplayer system.

It is the game that created the modern-day shooter, and it is still the best.

"Soap" MacTavish, Cpt. Price, Nikolai and Gaz, 4EVA!!!!

Anyway, enough adulation of CoD4. Yes, the series went to the drain after that game. MW2 turned the insanity up to 11 in terms of story, but the characterisation was still really good. In fact the characters are the principle reason I might rent/buy MW3, and I don't even know if they're going to be in the game (I hope they are).

I tried. I got bored after a few hours, honestly. I got to the part where you were with some other dude in a city, and you had to go to a playground at the end of the mission where you protected something from a swarm of enemies. After that, I moved on to another mission and thought "Oh, just more of this" before never playing it again. I then tried Modern Warfare 2, got to some mission that takes place in what I think is Brazil, thought "Oh, just more of this" and never played it again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Persona 3. happy.png

Anyway Killzone and Halo have original stories, while CoD is mainly based on real world events, it lacks the sci-fi feel that the other two have, so maybe that's it, I dunno.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

The Modern Warfare games are the only ones that interested me enough to complete, so...I guess that's saying something? I dunno, I haven't played them in a while. All I remember is Modern Warfare 2's storyline being filled to the brim with plotholes. Game was fun, though.