Awoo.

What Video Game can you not stand?

TheNicollette30

Xenosaga 2, now here me out, I liked the first one a lot, but 2 is giving me hell I hate that damn game. I need to muster the strength just to play it for 5 minutes and progress. I want to play Xenosaga III but also want to know wtf happened! :(

The Final Fantasy series in general, but I suppose that's partially to blame on the crazy ass fanbase. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with everything in Scott's post.

And Nintendoga, for what it's worth, I didn't particularly dig either the first or the fourth Wario Land (although I managed to get into the former eventually). We just got Wario Land 2 over here in the UK and it plays like a completely different genre of game (it's more of a puzzle-platformer - you're still going through levels and there are still enemies, but you're problem solving to complete levels, for example "get to x location" or "bring x item to x location"). I'm having a lot more fun with it than I did the others that I played.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how people say Final Fantasy is 'over-hyped'.

Since when was Final Fantasy 13 OR 13-2 over-hyped?

The last one probably hyped to high heavens was 7.

The last one probably hyped to high heavens was 7.

And its still one of the most overrated games ever made, for me it was meh 15 years ago and its still meh today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhm, let's see...

-the Uncharted series: it's "meh" at best, and the weapon variety is very limited. Also, the 3 gameplay sessions (puzzle, shooting and climbing) are repeated a little too much in most of the levels. It's just Tomb Raider parcour version with a less interesting main character;

-Little Big Planet: i just never get what fun this series has. It's an online sandbox possible platformer, but other than a slight steampunk look, it has nothing aside from different skins on the same puppet model;

-sports game: what they need to do (especially with FIFA and PES) is to create a single title that is updated every year with different people or teams. Releasing a new title with just "11", "12, "13" and so on by this point is pretty insulting to the fans. Other than that, they are generally boring to me.

-"realistic" racing game (like Gran Turismo or Need for Speed). Just a personal issues here, i prefer much the Mario Kart/CTR/SSASR style.

-movie-licensed games. AngryJoe has several cases on his belt, he could tell better why this type of game is irritating.

And its still one of the most overrated games ever made, for me it was meh 15 years ago and its still meh today.

The Call Of Duty series. I've never played anything so bland, so uninspiring and so boring in my life. The story and characters are awful, the gameplay is generic and the multiplayer is one of the worst i've ever played. It's overhyped to the max. How on earth this franchise has become the best selling thing in all media baffles me. As someone who's passionate about gaming, this franchise feels insulting to other developers who put a lot of heart and creativity in their games.

I may sound like am over exaggerating over this but this is how I feel towards it. I gave it a fair chance and played it and I never want to again.

I enjoy a couple of FPS's even if i'm not the biggest fan of the genre but this one, oh no no no no.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I can't stand games where it only focuses on one thing instead of everything. What makes a good game is if it only focuses on the whole aspect of the game which includes graphics, physics, soundtracks and something like that. I hate it when games use the only one focus as an advantage to sell more. Something like Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 where it is repeated from the previous MW games and only the multiplayer and Co-Op gameplay is good.

I don't have a specific list of games I can't stand but I do personally think Call of Duty is now getting ridiculous. This franchise used to have good games but not any more and I'm certainly not looking forward to Black Ops 2 either.

Honestly not too long ago bashing Final Fantasy 7 was the cool and edgy thing to do.

I see more people saying how overrated it is than I see people genuinely overrating it, but whatevs.

From what I've played of it, (And me being a newfgt and all playing this really outdated game was indeed jarring) I think it's a great game that aged to shit.

I'm not bashing the game, I just see lots of people talking that it is the best FF, JRPG or PS1 game, then I remember when I played it some years ago it was just meh and tried it again some weeks ago and I still don't get all that FFVII love.

Edited by Tmsp

Uhm, i really liked FFVII but myself i can admit it's not the best chapter of the series. Surely, compared to nowadays games like X or XIII it's great, and the jumping from 2D in 3D was a huge step in the right direction.

But, even if it's not the best, to me is the more nostalgic, since is the first one i played (to let you know, i played almost every chapter of the series), but i can see flaws in it (like the Corel Desert segment, wich would have been great if Dyne would have redeemed himself and become a playable character, a concept for the original story discharged for some reason).

So yeah, FFVII has a special place since is really nostalgic, but i have other games i love more (like Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together).

photo-14.png?_r=1341620713

Scott's already said it, but yeah, that's a My Little Pony/Skyrim picture. =P And the Elder Scrolls is a completely different RPG to the Final Fantasy series!

• Thumbs Up 1

The implication is that it's funny to complain about a crazy fanbase when you have a MLP avatar. Also when you post on a Sonic fansite.

I don't like FPS games in general. I like a few of them, but not a lot. I should probably give a few more a try, but the genre just doesn't interest me much.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 2

New-Call-of-Duty-Logo-For-Black-Ops-2-600x368.jpg

This entire franchise. For me, it represent the devoid lack of originality and inspiration within the gaming industry. Not only do they shove out the exact same game every single year with nothing but new maps and a few new weapons, the fact people eat this shit up and have the audacity to say Ocarina of Time is shit in comparison make me weep for humanity.

But at least it provides this hilarity.

Edited by Zero-Boom

Call of Duty games are successful because they're brilliantly made, a fantastic thrill-ride for a single player, and wonderfully competitive and rewarding in multiplayer.

I could talk about games that I can't stand, but I fear some kind of backlash of hate to wash me away into the abyss of abysmal despair. Still, at least I wont get lost this time. I spent a summer there once several years back.

I'm not really sure if there is a core reason to this, but I tend to hate games that the critiques and a large number of fans seem to gush over. There have been a couple of examples of being turned by popular opinion however. I think Dragon Age Origins was one that I decided to give a try after positive talk. I enjoyed it. Then I got the sequel and hated that so...

Halo 3 and Grand Thief Auto 4 are two other examples of caving in on popular opinion. But with these two, I found them pretty boring. Skyrim is the next game I've been thinking about trying because of popular opinion, but I'm still not sure what genre of game it is...

Meanwhile I tend to avoid most shooters and racers unless they have an interesting character of eye catching art attached to them. As they all seem the same to me.

Call of Duty games are successful because they're brilliantly made, a fantastic thrill-ride for a single player, and wonderfully competitive and rewarding in multiplayer.

If by fantastic single player thrill-ride, you mean a Michael Bay directed video game with predictable and cliche plots, and by wonderfully competetive and rewarding multiplayer you mean a bunch of campers and try hards using the cheapest weapons and boosting to get that precious harrier/nuke/moab with screaming 12 year olds then yes.

Edited by Slash
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm expecting hate for this but...Team Fortress 2. I just don't understand what people see in this game. Every single match I play is just a gigantic clusterfuck where I have no idea whats going on. I've played every class, and I'm lucky if I get even one kill in a game. I guess I just suck at it, but still, I can't stand playing it.