Awoo.

Are you happy with Seaside Hill Zone?

Legendary Emerald

Are you serious? Are you actually serious?

Did the Shadow The Hedgehog game incident teavh Sonic Team nothing? The one critical lesson they really should've learned by then was this: Never listen to the fans. They rarely know what is actually best for a game series, and trusting matters like stage choices to their poor judgement is just bloody stupid. This should be Sonic Team reminiscing about what the team itself thinks are the greatest stages in the series to date, not them going to fans and saying "No matter what you choose, no matter how retarded it may be, we will make whatever you want."

As I said, I don't agree with it, and it's their fault for selecting a stupid method of choosing stages, but the stages themselves were not ST.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thing is, we simply voted for out favourite stages and had no idea we were voting for a game. Of course they couldn't have told us about Generations' existence two years ago, but they could have done better.

Are you serious? Are you actually serious?

Did the Shadow The Hedgehog game incident teavh Sonic Team nothing? The one critical lesson they really should've learned by then was this: Never listen to the fans.

Funny thing you bring up Shadow, because the only thing that they listened to was to make a Shadow game. What the fans DIDN'T demand (to my knowledge), however, was for the game to have weapons and vehicles that Sonic Team ended up putting in on their own accord.

Kinda makes even more sense when you realize that was the time when GTA and Halo started making such massive hype towards their franchise, as they more than likely wanted to cash in on the same hype.

I could go even further: Who the hell asked for Telekinesis and for a Princess rescue adventure in the game afterward?

They rarely know what is actually best for a game series, and trusting matters like stage choices to their poor judgement is just bloody stupid. This should be Sonic Team reminiscing about what the team itself thinks are the greatest stages in the series to date, not them going to fans and saying "No matter what you choose, no matter how retarded it may be, we will make whatever you want."

To be fair, it took fan's reception of the bad games in the first place to get them out of the mess they were in a few years back and give them a kick in the ass to make a well developed formula that we currently have.

That's not excusing stupidity of certain fans when they show it, but they do deserve some kind of credit regarding that we have a formula which is seen in a better light. I think we can do better, but I'll be content for now.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I could go even further: Who the hell asked for Telekinesis and for a Princess rescue adventure in the game afterward?

*raises hand*

Now seeing the new trailer, I don't mind having Seaside Hill in there at all! XD

*raises hand*

Seriously? You did?

Anyone else?

After watching the trailer........ I concede.... I like it a lot. I still think Frog Forest would have been a better choice, and I still think SOME select areas look a lot like this game's take on Green Hill, but in the end, it resembles much more of a fusion of the original Seaside Hill with Adabat, in that it has more of a focus on the sandy beaches and ruins than it does the tropical grass and jungle-based environment. Plus, again, I understand why Sonic Team chose Seaside Hill: they probably had some leftover assets from the HD version of SASASR, and they figured it'd be easier to use them for a Seaside Hill remake than to make a different level.

So overall, I think I'm happy with the level list. I mean, I think Sonic Team could have chosen a few more unique levels to represent certain tropes, but in the end, given the content they chose to put into the game, based nearly totally on fan-feedback, I think each level is looking as unique and vibrant as they could possibly be. I mean, what I love is that each stage looks equally show-stopping: not one stage is overshadowing another, as they all look amazing. Of course, Sky Sanctuary fucks all these other stages, but that doesn't count right now tongue.gif

So yeah, you heard it here: I am indeed happy with this game's take on Seaside Hill. I am prepared to get the "I told you so"s now.

Edited by EXshad

After watching the trailer........ I concede.... I like it a lot. I still think Frog Forest would have been a better choice, and I still think SOME select areas look a lot like this game's take on Green Hill, but in the end, it resembles much more of a fusion of the original Seaside Hill with Adabat, in that it has more of a focus on the sandy beaches and ruins than it does the tropical grass and jungle-based environment. Plus, again, I understand why Sonic Team chose Seaside Hill: they probably had some leftover assets from the HD version of SASASR, and they figured it'd be easier to use them for a Seaside Hill remake than to make a different level.

So overall, I think I'm happy with the level list. I mean, I think Sonic Team could have chosen a few more unique levels to represent certain tropes, but in the end, given the content they chose to put into the game, based nearly totally on fan-feedback, I think each level is looking as unique and vibrant as they could possibly be. I mean, what I love is that each stage looks equally show-stopping: not one stage is overshadowing another, as they all look amazing. Of course, Sky Sanctuary fucks all these other stages, but that doesn't count right now tongue.gif

So yeah, you heard it here: I am indeed happy with this game's take on Seaside Hill. I am prepared to get the "I told you so"s now.