Awoo.

Characters will be playable? In September we will see a new level and a trailer for TGS? ... and the rest.

Woun

Wow..that's pretty harsh. I wonder how the MM fans reacted to that. I also wish that Sega would stop giving him gifts and give it to people who actually cares about the series, like that 20th Anniversary Sonic statue for example.

The nerve of him.

I never said he's not allowed to disagree, you basically said that I have to respect his opinions simply because everyone has different opinions, and not call him or them out for shitty ones. That's simply not true, he can think what he likes, but no one is inclined to agree with it or just sit back and respect it.

"No one should be ridiculed like that"

Calling him a douche is not ridicule. I'm not making fun of him.

He disrespects fanbase's for kicks, and said that it's a good thing Megaman is dead. Why would any gamer wish death upon a franchise, especially a beloved one such as the Blue Bomber? It's ok to think something, but I think it is arrogant to insult a fanbase, or a successful well respected franchise.

He's commented on one of the post I've posted on his articles on Sonic like a year ago, I asked him an honest question, and he basically told me off. He didn't cuss or anything, but he was a dick. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially since I doubt you even know who Jim Sterling is. He's commented on the fact that many gamers think his whole gig is a stunt for views, and he never really debunked it, he sort of embraced it. He has some valid reasons for disliking Sonic Colors, and sometimes I actually agree with some of articles that aren't poorly reviewed.

But people on those sites are so influenced by his reviews it's crazy, they won't step foot near a game just cause he says "it's that bad". Is Colors not worth a rental? Or $15-$20 dollars?? What about those devs in those studios that slaved away on a game just to have lost some sales, because a good game was poorly reviewed? And no it's not some games, it's more than some, and I'm not just calling him out on his reviews. It's not just a negative review when he "purposely" opposes the general consensus, some of his negative reviews are actually spot on, but some I feel aren't fair reviews even for some games I have no interest in, and just read about out of curiosity. What you seem to be doing is taking what I say, and try and make it seem like I'm making an over generalization about journalist who give negative reviews, which is far from my point. So there's no need to bring up other websites, or hidden agendas.

What you must understand, is that games can indeed be "poorly reviewed" or "improperly reviewed". Not sure why you think I'm bashing anyone who dislikes Colors, everyone does indeed have a different taste. But that wasn't what my first post was about anyways. You for some reason made many assumptions based off my first point, such as me not thinking it's ok for people to have opinions, that I dislike anyone who doesn't agree with me, and so on... assume=ass-out-of-u-and-me.

I do understand that games can be poorly reviewed or improperly reviewed. I've read a lot of Jim's other articles, including the Mega Man one, but I never thought he was bashing any series for the sake of it or anything like that. I think he makes a lot of good points, whether they're negative or not. Mega Man is a respectable franchise and I'd like to see it continue, but I do think he made some sense, though I personally don't think it should die.

Anyway, I didn't set out to assume anything about your post. I read the whole of your post and it gave off the impressions I replied with. I deeply apologize for my responses and I respect your opinions you've stated.

On topic:

It's a shame that it appears the other characters will be just tagging along, rather than be playable. I don't really mind this, but I would like to see other characters playable in future titles.

On topic:

It's a shame that it appears the other characters will be just tagging along, rather than be playable. I don't really mind this, but I would like to see other characters playable in future titles.

If they just tag along, they can still probably attack and collect items for you...kind of like playing as Power Formation in Sonic Heroes, except with a billion times better AI.

I do understand that games can be poorly reviewed or improperly reviewed. I've read a lot of Jim's other articles, including the Mega Man one, but I never thought he was bashing any series for the sake of it or anything like that. I think he makes a lot of good points, whether they're negative or not. Mega Man is a respectable franchise and I'd like to see it continue, but I do think he made some sense, though I personally don't think it should die.

Anyway, I didn't set out to assume anything about your post. I read the whole of your post and it gave off the impressions I replied with. I apologize for my responses and I respect your opinions you've stated.

On topic:

I could've worded things a bit better, and maybe he's more of a troll than a douche. But anyways, no hard feelings, this is a DISCUSSION thread after all it's what we're supposed to do. Besides, we can't have Sonic fans turn on each other lol... oh.. wait. :lol:

EDIT: I think the other character will be playable in some way, SEGA please make it happen!!!

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

On topic:

Well it's an improvement right? I mean they try to ad more things...maybe in the next installment we'll have Tails as playable character. ;)

But just to make it clear i'd like Sonic-like gameplay just like in Sonic 2 and 3 & add fly for Tails.

I'd like to see how they will follow you around. Sonic heroes style probably huh?

Well after reading through that interview I can say that we probably have 0% chances of that gameplay improving. And I'll be honest here, if that's the case then I won't be purchasing the game for full retail price. Like I've stated previously I really didn't have fun with the classic gameplay that the demo gave us.

It's disappointing isn't it.

Especially since everything else about this game looks so good.

Aaron mentions that this late in development to alter the roll/gameplay could break the whole game (because level's have been designed around current gameplay) and I fully understand that.

What I don't understand is- WHY DIDN'T ST GET C SONICS GAMEPLAY RIGHT BEFORE THEY STARTED BUILDING LEVELS?!!!

Or demo the game earlier?

It's really not that difficult to understand what defines C Sonic gameplay. A BIG part of it is his rolling- how he gains speed when rolling down hills and does not uncurl. Yet they are unable grasp that. What element of a game is more important than gameplay? Nothing.

Y'know, I didn't expect or necessarily even want C Sonic to feel exactly like the classics, but I did expect him to be able to roll down fucking hills!

Shiiiit.

Edited by Dangerous

It's disappointing isn't it.

Especially since everything else about this game looks so good.

Aaron mentions that this late in development to alter the roll/gameplay could break the whole game (because level's have been designed around current gameplay) and I fully understand that.

What I don't understand is- WHY DIDN'T ST GET C SONICS GAMEPLAY RIGHT BEFORE THEY STARTED BUILDING LEVELS?!!!

Or demo the game earlier?

It's really not that difficult to understand what defines C Sonic gameplay. A BIG part of it is his rolling- how he gains speed when rolling down hills and does not uncurl. Yet they are unable grasp that. What element of a game is more important than gameplay? Nothing.

Y'know, I didn't expect or necessarily even want C Sonic to feel exactly like the classics, but I did expect him to be able to roll down fucking hills!

Shiiiit.

He can roll down hills. Just not as well. The friction is a little too high, and the speed cap is a little too low.

Well I was more interested in the Modern sonic gameplay and that looks great! Classic sonic still looks fun but it's a disappointment that they can't fix the gameplay even though I thought they said they would fix it up after the sonic boom event and the press demo.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I really hope chemical plant gets a trailer oh btw look at these!spoiled for size

2132456561_full.jpg

2132456566_full.jpg

THEY ARE SO EPIC

What are they? I can't see them. :(

Yeah both of them are EPIC.

I like the one where Sonic is up there and we see chemical plant down below. The detail on this game is freaking amazing.

Yeah both of them are EPIC.

I like the one where Sonic is up there and we see chemical plant down below. The detail on this game is freaking amazing.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah! Those critics who say that the graphics aren't great need a good kick in the balls in my opinion...even if you'll HATE Sonic Generations, the graphics are something you have to acknowledge at least.

Which makes me even more excited for upcoming Sonic games for the PS4/Xbox 720! It's gonna be mad I tell you...MAD!

Yeah! Those critics who say that the graphics aren't great need a good kick in the balls in my opinion...even if you'll HATE Sonic Generations, the graphics are something you have to acknowledge at least.

Which makes me even more excited for upcoming Sonic games for the PS4/Xbox 720! It's gonna be mad I tell you...MAD!

I did. My influence on the gaming media spreads to lengths to which you cannot comprehend! devil5.gif

Okay speaking seriously, up until Chemical Plant and Stardust Speedway were introduced I wasn't impressed with the graphics.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

What but look at City Escape! that looks gorgeous!

Yeah I did see City Escape, but visually I don't think it looks gorgeous. I think the stage itself is impressive though which is a big complement coming from someone who couldn't stand City Escape the first time around.

By not impressed did you mean you didn't think they weren't good or mediocre? :huh:

When I say not impressed I meant graphically it's good, just good. Not amazing nor gorgeous, just good. I mean It didn't really "wow" me.

Edited by Balding Spider

Is it true that the current consoles can't handle the FULL power of the Hedgehog Engine? or these are just rumors?

I haven't got proof but it's true. Apparently SEGA tried the Hedgehog Engine at it's fullest, but the HD consoles couldn't handle it...so they had to downscale it. The Hedgehog Engine doesn't project full 1080p graphics since the HD consoles aren't powerful enough.

When I say not impressed I meant graphically it's good, just good. Not amazing nor gorgeous, just good. I mean It didn't really "wow" me.

But...that Green Hill Zone water!! :P

I haven't got proof but it's true. Apparently SEGA tried the Hedgehog Engine at it's fullest, but the HD consoles couldn't handle it...so they had to downscale it. The Hedgehog Engine doesn't project full 1080p graphics since the HD consoles aren't powerful enough.

Oh i see...thanks Krazy.

DAT WATER! :D

:mellow: This is going to be your Sky Sanctuary Zone isn't it?

I was going to say the same thing! :lol: Watch a modern sonic gameplay video in 1080 on youtube.

:mellow: This is going to be your Sky Sanctuary Zone isn't it?

Nope...

Planet Wisp is...and Crisis City

;)

Watch a modern sonic gameplay video in 1080 on youtube.

It doesn't look any different compared to 720p...but, the Hauppague can't record in 1080p can it? Well, I record in 720p ONLY anyway. Back to the topic, I can't wait for this game to come out...Seriously, it looks better and better every time!!! Now if only SEGA announce the official release date for this game...I really hope it's the 4th or 11th of November.

Edited by KrazyBean14