Awoo.

Characters will be playable? In September we will see a new level and a trailer for TGS? ... and the rest.

Woun

I hope that classic missions have the characters that are not sonic play like S2 while the modern missions have them like SHTH but fixed so it's fun. Or there might be a sort of sign or something that appears telling you "you can have a friend help you get to a secret area" or something like that. Ex: your running through Crisis city and you come across a sign. By pushing a button knuckles(modern or classic) will punch a hole in the building reaveling a secret path or a item.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Man! Now I canNOT wait for September to come at all! Even though it is just two months from now.

I do not care for what level that will be revealed by trailer. Whatever it may be, I am excited to see it!

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the whole reason the leak was affirmed was because of the toy line? And said toy line DID in fact show that the levels on the box/enemies and dates shown represented what would be in the game?

If that's so, then Classic Eggman and Classic Amy are still going to be in Sonic Generations. Perhaps Aaron just meant that in-game, the only two people that would be in a level together at some point would be Classic Sonic and Tails (like in Sonic 2 and 3.)? And that simply the other characters haven't been shown or announced yet?

I don't know. I got Stardust Speedway and an adorable little Metal Sonic, and that's staying in the game, so frankly, I can't complain about anything at all. But, it would be nice if Classic Eggman, Amy, and even Knuckles were in the game somehow. Eggman at least would get representation on the signpost... but if the Death Egg is still a boss, someone would need to pilot it. Classic Amy would fit into Stardust Speedway as the incentive.. and Classic Knuckles was a staple of Sky Sanctuary, so they all have their place.

Seeing as Knuckles had his own little moveset in the files for the game, I wonder what kind of moves other characters will use (I'm hoping that Espio will somehow incorporate his tongue (or at least his Classic version if it shows up)

Aaron's just posted this in the TSS comments in response to NauseousPenguin:

NauseousPenguin says:

July 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm

So he’s saying that the leaked stuff is from an older build, yet he says that the demo they came from was “A more current build”. Either some stuff was left over, or we’ve got a lying jerk on our hands.

Aaron Webber says:

July 29, 2011 at 1:03 am

@NauseousPenguin:

Actually, it makes sense – you’re just looking at it the wrong way. : ) To simplify:

- E3 Demo was created first

- Public Demo was created second

- Game continues development following Public Demo

- E3 Demo is then shown at San Diego Comic-con, because it includes Modern Sonic. (A first for any fans who didn’t get to attend E3.)

Hope this clarifies!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/07/interview-with-aaron-webber/#comments

Well, uh... I'm still confused.

Time to play it, PW style (and fail miserably).

" Ah the leak. I really wish that hadn’t been published. Several of those assets are from an older build and will not be in the final game. It’s a misrepresentation. As we stated in the beginning, only classic and modern Sonic are playable. You will see many of Sonic’s friends in the game but you will not play as them."

Alright then. So, to my understanding, The information according to Aaron is the one found was actually from an older build, right? But, that can't make sense, as the info that was extracted was from the Downloadable demo. Unless, the older build was the Demo.

Question is now answered with this.

"Actually, the download is a more current build."

So... Ooooookay? That means that the information Retro got from the demo is... From the older build which was for E3, Sonic Boom, etc? But... It was taken from the Downloadable Demo, and that's the fresher build...

And now, thanks to Shadzter, we got this from Aaron from a comment here on the TSS.

"Actually, it makes sense – you’re just looking at it the wrong way. : ) To simplify:

- E3 Demo was created first

- Public Demo was created second

- Game continues development following Public Demo

- E3 Demo is then shown at San Diego Comic-con, because it includes Modern Sonic. (A first for any fans who didn’t get to attend E3.)"

I believe this still doesn't answer the question...? I'm going to think for a second.

He's saying that the E3 Demo was made first. That is pretty obvious.

Then the Public Demo gets created afterwards.

And like any normal, average game, the Generations continues development after both Demos.

It STILL doesn't make any sense, to me at least. The question still isn't answered. The Public Demo is the more current demo, much more updated in everything and its content than the E3 Demo. Also, all the information we got was from the Public Demo. And it HAS to be the Public Demo, because it doesn't have Modern Sonic. And the Public Demo is clearly more updated than the other one. Therefore, I hate to say it, but, he's not making much sense... :unsure:

EDIT: However, there's the possibility that the information in there may have been left behind on the previous Demo. But it's still weird; they can't possibly scrap so many ideas in the middle of production... As I've mentioned various times here, I'm in a communications school. I've also been taught in-depth about the whole system of marketing and production. Of course, there will be ideas that will end up being scrapped, but that usually (just loosely saying it, because it should be always) happens in pre-production, where they're still establishing the abstract concept. So, from a logical standpoint, (and utilizing everything I've learned from the classes) it's close to impossible to scrap so many things when the production has reached to such heights as well, all the stuff found from the demo. Then again, this is the video game industry, after all. It's totally different from other organizations.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Therefore, I hate to say it, but, he's not making much sense... :unsure:

Given that I was always under the assumption that the co-op characters wouldn't be playable anyway, I can say that this revelation forwards my knowledge precisely zip.

Although, that's not to say I'm uninterested in the interview altogether...

One final question, I know Takashi Iizuka has stated that he feels Sonic Adventure on is the main cannon and that the current Chaotix are not the same ones from 32X Chaotix and he doesn’t seem to want to use any of the real old characters.

EDIT: Never mind. :( But how will Arron settle this?

Edited by Monkey D. Eddy

Yknow, I already figured there'd be more playable characters.

Remember those character icons of the leak. I bet you they are going to have you swapping characters occasionally in side missions, at least in Seaside Hill...

If there is other playable characters their gameplay have to be same as Sonic gameplay only differences should be skills(Tails=Flying, Knuckles=Climbing). Not stupid alternate gameplay styles please(Fishing, Emerald searching, Shooting, werehog, sword)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What do you think the chances are classic gameplay will have been fixed by September?

Aaron says in the new interview that changing anything this late in development would mean having to rebuild the game completely, so I seriously doubt anything will change in terms of controls, gameplay and physics between now and the game's release in November.

About Leaks being outdated but the build more current...it could easily be that Sonic Team thought "Meh that info is old and inaccurate so we can leave it in there, important thing is the the actual demo gameplay is the newest". Maybe...

About Leaks being outdated but the build more current...it could easily be that Sonic Team thought "Meh that info is old and inaccurate so we can leave it in there, important thing is the the actual demo gameplay is the newest". Maybe...

Well that's seem the most logical explanation to me. Of course we'll still see some content of the demo in the game...maybe not all of them, maybe more stuff, or maybe some changes, you got my point.

Also what Shadzter said i don't see them changing anything from the physics to rolling to spindash etc.

The demo we played is what we'll get in November but more polished and with minimum to no glitches/bugs.

Shadic93, on 28 July 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

DOESN't MATTER THEY'RE PLAYABLE, AND THEREFORE THEY SUCK.

So the console version of Generations wont break that 80 on Metacritic then? Is that what you're telling us?

Why do I get the feeling you're actually taking this seriously?

In all honesty, Jim Sterling is the ONLY reason Sonic Colors didn't get an 80 on Metacritic. His review basically fucked the average. Not that I care about reviews that much, a number isn't enough to tell explain whether a game is good or bad. But it's just proof that there will always be those people who give every Sonic game made in the 21st century a 2 out of 10. Oh, and Sterling is a douche who criticizes great games or stirs up controversy to get some traffic on that site, in case you didn't know, what a tool.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

In all honesty, Jim Sterling is the ONLY reason Sonic Colors didn't get an 80 on Metacritic. His review basically fucked the average. Not that I care about reviews that much, a number isn't enough to tell explain whether a game is good or bad. But it's just proof that there will always be those people who give every Sonic game made in the 21st century a 2 out of 10. Oh, and Sterling is a douche who criticizes great games or stirs up controversy to get some traffic on that site, in case you didn't know, what a tool.

Because a reviewer not liking some games really means they're a douche and only stirring shit to get hits on the website they write for :rolleyes: I don't like the Wii version of Sonic Colours, so are you going to call me a douche too?

Whether a game is great or not is all down to a person's opinion. Everyone has different tastes.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is what I'm expecting, too. The characters join you and help you (Tails could fly you places and that sort of thing) but they won't be playable.

Well, we can hope that a second player can at least pick up a controller and control the second controller, like in Sonic 2, 3(&K), Shadow, and Colors.

Not as bad as Capcom_logo.png !!!!!

Helloooooooo new signature! ^_^

Well, it wouldn't make sense if Knuckles wasn't there, as he took a very important role in Sky Sanctuary. In my opinion, anyway. xP I am doubting Amy, however. Stardust Speedway is just a Boss Fight...

After you defeat Metal Sonic, you see Amy tied up to a post. Destroying the post finishes the act.

One more thing-can someone PLEASE ask a Sega representative whether Sonic 4: Episode II is even coming out this year? If it's not, then when it comes out (hopefully next year), it should have be 90%-100% classic and should be the last episode; because I don't think everyone wants to wait 5+ years for "the sequel you've been waiting 16 yrs. for" to finally conclude with the last episode.

This is what I'm expecting, too. The characters join you and help you (Tails could fly you places and that sort of thing) but they won't be playable.

Well, we can hope that a second player can at least pick up a controller and control the second controller, like in Sonic 2, 3(&K), Shadow, and Colors.

Edited by Ananze

Because a reviewer not liking some games really means they're a douche and only stirring shit to get hits on the website they write for :rolleyes: I don't like the Wii version of Sonic Colours, so are you going to call me a douche too?

Whether a game is great or not is all down to a person's opinion. Everyone has different tastes.

Unfortunately for you, you missed my point drastically. He does this to far more games than Sonic, and earlier this week, he bashed the Megaman franchise and all their friends. He said "Megaman is dead, that's a good thing", then told fans to get over it, and that he would've ended up horrible like Sonic anyways. He also think Killzone is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So yea, sorry if you have a problem with me thinking he's a douch, and there is a such thing as "shitty taste".

People have opinions, but that doesn't mean we can't have opinions about their opinions, and his are shit. I like how you turn this into, "Oh, he didn't like what you like so you call him a douche? I don't like this or that so you're calling me a douche?" What kind of world would we live in, if we just agreed with every other persons opinion? Thank goodness for disagreement. :P

EDIT:But go ahead, you can selectively read my post, completely missing my point. And the fact that I stated I don't care much for numeric review scores because of how misleading they are.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately for you, you missed my point drastically. He does this to far more games than Sonic, and earlier this week, he bashed the Megaman franchise and all their friends. He said "Megaman is dead, that's a good thing", then told fans to get over it, and that he would've ended up horrible like Sonic anyways. He also think Killzone is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So yea, sorry if you have a problem with me thinking he's a douch, and there is a such thing as "shitty taste".

People have opinions, but that doesn't mean we can't have opinions about their opinions, and his are shit. I like how you turn this into, "Oh, he didn't like what you like so you call him a douche? I don't like this or that so you're calling me a douche?" What kind of world would we live in, if we just agreed with every other persons opinion? Thank goodness for disagreement. :P

EDIT:But go ahead, you can selectively read my post, completely missing my point. And the fact that I stated I don't care much for numeric review scores because of how misleading they are.

I didn't selectively read your post. I'm saying that you're making out that he's a douche for having a negative opinion on some games and claiming that he's writing negative reviews just to stir shit and gain hits for the various websites he works for. No one should be ridiculed like that just for having a negative opinion on some games. If you don't like him, that's fine, but it's pretty silly to assume he's writing negative reviews for website hits. Maybe we should assume all reviewers in the games industry who write negative reviews have some hidden agenda.

You just said yourself "What kind of world would we live in, if we just agreed with every other persons opinion? Thank goodness for disagreement. :P". Is Jim Sterling not allowed to disagree with others positive opinions?

What do you think the chances are classic gameplay will have been fixed by September?

Well after reading through that interview I can say that we probably have 0% chances of that gameplay improving. And I'll be honest here, if that's the case then I won't be purchasing the game for full retail price. Like I've stated previously I really didn't have fun with the classic gameplay that the demo gave us.

Edited by Balding Spider

Unfortunately for you, you missed my point drastically. He does this to far more games than Sonic, and earlier this week, he bashed the Megaman franchise and all their friends. He said "Megaman is dead, that's a good thing", then told fans to get over it, and that he would've ended up horrible like Sonic anyways.

Wow..that's pretty harsh. I wonder how the MM fans reacted to that. I also wish that Sega would stop giving him gifts and give it to people who actually cares about the series, like that 20th Anniversary Sonic statue for example.

Edited by sonfan1984

I didn't selectively read your post. I'm saying that you're making out that he's a douche for having a negative opinion on some games and claiming that he's writing negative reviews just to stir shit and gain hits for the various websites he works for. No one should be ridiculed like that just for having a negative opinion on some games. If you don't like him, that's fine, but it's pretty silly to assume he's writing negative reviews for website hits. Maybe we should assume all reviewers in the games industry who write negative reviews have some hidden agenda.

You just said yourself "What kind of world would we live in, if we just agreed with every other persons opinion? Thank goodness for disagreement. :P". Is Jim Sterling not allowed to disagree with others positive opinions?

I never said he's not allowed to disagree, you basically said that I have to respect his opinions simply because everyone has different opinions, and not call him or them out for shitty ones. That's simply not true, he can think what he likes, but no one is inclined to agree with it or just sit back and respect it.

"No one should be ridiculed like that"

Calling him a douche is not ridicule. I'm not making fun of him.

He disrespects fanbase's for kicks, and said that it's a good thing Megaman is dead. Why would any gamer wish death upon a franchise, especially a beloved one such as the Blue Bomber? It's ok to think something, but I think it is arrogant to insult a fanbase, or a successful well respected franchise.

He's commented on one of the post I've posted on his articles on Sonic like a year ago, I asked him an honest question, and he basically told me off. He didn't cuss or anything, but he was a dick. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially since I doubt you even know who Jim Sterling is. He's commented on the fact that many gamers think his whole gig is a stunt for views, and he never really debunked it, he sort of embraced it. He has some valid reasons for disliking Sonic Colors, and sometimes I actually agree with some of articles that aren't poorly reviewed.

But people on those sites are so influenced by his reviews it's crazy, they won't step foot near a game just cause he says "it's that bad". Is Colors not worth a rental? Or $15-$20 dollars?? What about those devs in those studios that slaved away on a game just to have lost some sales, because a good game was poorly reviewed? And no it's not some games, it's more than some, and I'm not just calling him out on his reviews. It's not just a negative review when he "purposely" opposes the general consensus, some of his negative reviews are actually spot on, but some I feel aren't fair reviews even for some games I have no interest in, and just read about out of curiosity. What you seem to be doing is taking what I say, and try and make it seem like I'm making an over generalization about journalist who give negative reviews, which is far from my point. So there's no need to bring up other websites, or hidden agendas.

What you must understand, is that games can indeed be "poorly reviewed" or "improperly reviewed". Not sure why you think I'm bashing anyone who dislikes Colors, everyone does indeed have a different taste. But that wasn't what my first post was about anyways. You for some reason made many assumptions based off my first point, such as me not thinking it's ok for people to have opinions, that I dislike anyone who doesn't agree with me, and so on... assume=ass-out-of-u-and-me.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wow..that's pretty harsh. I wonder how the MM fans reacted to that. I also wish that Sega would stop giving him gifts and give it to people who actually cares about the series, like that 20th Anniversary Sonic statue for example.

This further proves that Jim is the Armond White of game criticism.

• Thumbs Up 1