Awoo.

Characters will be playable? In September we will see a new level and a trailer for TGS? ... and the rest.

Woun

SEGA better be careful about the way they release this information. I don't want to drudge through a sea of "Sonic Cycles" on every board I frequent.

The translation is a little dodgy, but if it is true, then I am a happy fan! I'll finally get to play as the Chaotix again. :)

I really don't think we're playing AS the characters so much as we are playing WITH the other characters. Iizuka was pretty adamant that Sonic is the only playable character -_-

So the console version of Generations wont break that 80 on Metacritic then? Is that what you're telling us?

Why do I get the feeling you're actually taking this seriously?

Edited by Balding Spider

This is what I'm expecting, too. The characters join you and help you (Tails could fly you places and that sort of thing) but they won't be playable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chances of other playable characters are not high as of now but I hope to see it come true. also anyone think that if they do make them playable knuckles and tails will play sort of similar to the wisps?

Chances of other playable characters are not high as of now but I hope to see it come true. also anyone think that if they do make them playable knuckles and tails will play sort of similar to the wisps?

Pretty sure they're not using power ups, those are reserved solely for the Sonics.

Pretty sure they're not using power ups, those are reserved solely for the Sonics.

No I mean like knuckles would play similar to the drill wisp with extra moves included and tails would play like the hover wisp with extra moves.

Edited by Dudehedgehogfan1996

Shadow the Hedgehog

But even then you could pick up a second controller and play as them.

• Thumbs Up 3

But even then you could pick up a second controller and play as them.

Even with doing that, whoever played as Shadow would always run far off from the second player's character. From a second player's point of view, or at least from my experiences, it felt like trying to chase Shadow down than help him. If Generations were to do this, it would be nice to be split screen co-op, if not, have the characters actually do something better than just follow you around and telling you what to do.

So we expect a better and will not be in Sonic Unleashed and Colors, a Sonic!

Sorry to rain on your parade guys but you all might want to take a look at this

Hm...I think it's going to be something like in Sonic Advance 3.

As for the Classic Sonic and Tails comment, I can't see them just putting those 2 in there without Classic Amy and Knuckles unless they're making this like Sonic Colors.

Edited by STrainer

Well I did say the chances of playing as others probably wasn't likely so I'm not that disappointed although it would have been cool. :( at least we'll get a trailer soon! :) We better get a classic knuckles and amy along with Eggman or i'll freak!

Edited by Dudehedgehogfan1996

Well... look at the brightside! At least it isn't like Sonic Colors where we don't see anyone else besides Sonic, Tails and Baldy McNosehair!

I'm sure Generations have plenty of other things to surprise us with.

Ah the leak. I really wish that hadn’t been published. Several of those assets are from an older build and will not be in the final game. It’s a misrepresentation. As we stated in the beginning, only classic and modern Sonic are playable. You will see many of Sonic’s friends in the game but you will not play as them.

SEGA is epic trolling us lol

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Kinda wondering how Co-op will work for Modern Sonic with him blasting around at 300 mph. Worked for the other games when you weren't doing that, but this will be something to see.

Classic Tails has recently been shown alongside of a modern model. Since we now have classic Sonic and classic Tails, will we bee seeing classic representations of other characters?

Aaron – For the most part, classic Sonic and classic Tails are the only one’s you’re gonna see. There’s not much I can go into after that but stay tuned. Classic Sonic and Classic Tails fans should be pleased.

I hope he reall does mean for the most part. Not having Classic Knuckles and Amy would be a huge let down.

So we get another trailer in August, then a big one in September? (Maybe with lots of reveals?) Sounds good. </hopeful>

I hope we do get Classic Knuckles. =[ Lol the last question about Nack/Fang really makes me want to campaign for the character =P.

Aaron – You mean will the boss fights be taking place in their original settings? That’s a very good question. In the majority of cases, you should probably expect that.

Probably reading too much into that, but Silver came to mind then. His location doesn't exactly scream 'boss arena' so maybe they moved him.

Edited by Lungo

I hope he reall does mean for the most part. Not having Classic Knuckles and Amy would be a huge let down.

If Classic Sonic and Classic Tails are going to be the only Classic Characters, where did Classic Metal Sonic and Classic Robotnik -3DS Version, Rumored for PS3/360- come from? They have to be hiding something.

Well they already confirmed Co-op on the official site, and that's all I care about. I was wary from the beginning about having to fight CREAM.

Aaron – Yes, but improved upon as well. That’s kind of the key in that it’s not 100% but very close. In this case I know that the rolling for example, I think is good feedback. I’ve already sent that back to Sonic Team. But a key element like rolling for example, to change that drastically now would mean that they would have to redesign and test every single level, every single move to make sure this change in the roll doesn’t break something. Like maybe he’s supposed to go off this ramp in a certain way and he ends up overshooting it greatly. In this late of the stage in development, a change that small could break the whole game. Like taking one brick from the bottom of a wall you’re building, it could make the whole foundation crumble.
Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2