Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

No, not because it's different. Because it's worse.

y cuz u and somebody else doesn't like it ergo it's worse

Hey Guys, do you think this would work for DLC: The DLC will come in three packs, Classic, Dreamcast and modern. Each pack will have three zones 1 for each game.(sonic 1,2,3&k, SA,SA2,SH,S06,SU,SC). Each zone will have 4 acts, one that's a side or gimmick mission for both sonics and the other two are mandatory(one classic and one modern.). Each pack will cost a total of 400 MP. What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with making a machine actually look like a machine, though?

And what's wrong with making Eggman look like a real human? :P

Kidding, of course. If it looks like a real machine, that's cool. If it looks like a toy, that's fine as well. I think it still works seeing as the series is about anthropomorphic animals though...

Edited by MugiMikey

Looks like another Fact vs. Opinion debate! I love those!

Speaking of which, I LOVE the Unleashed version of the Tornado! That means that it's infallibly awesome, right?

No?

You mean my opinion of something doesn't always reflect the reality of said subject?

My word! That means that the new Tornado design must neither be good NOR bad, but subject towards the individual's opinion!

• Thumbs Up 5

No, not because it's different. Because it's worse.

LOL. First green eyes, then purple rocks and now the tornado design...what topic are we gonna argue about next? Tune in next time on...The Sonic Fanbase: The Inside Look.

y cuz u and somebody else doesn't like it ergo it's worse

Because you don't seem to grasp the fact that this is my opinion, I'll answer your question with "obviously". :P

No. Had they changed it to something better, it'd be fine.

Hey Guys, do you think this would work for DLC: The DLC will come in three packs, Classic, Dreamcast and modern. Each pack will have three zones 1 for each game.(sonic 1,2,3&k, SA,SA2,SH,S06,SU,SC). Each zone will have 4 acts, one that's a side or gimmick mission for both sonics and the other two are mandatory(one classic and one modern.). Each pack will cost a total of 400 MP. What do you guys think?

That's...EPIC!

Edited by KrazyBean14

More level list rage.

None of the sages are bad choices. They're bad choices collectively. All new City Escape? Awesome! All new Speed Highway? Great! All new Rooftop Run? Brilliant! All new Crisis City? Fantastic? All new City Escape, Speed Highway, Rooftop Run and Crisis City? Oh, er... not so awesome at all.

They could have easily fixed it by swapping just Speed Highway for Twinkle Park. Speed Highway is WAY too much like both City Escape and Chemical Plant, while Twinkle Park would be a truly unique stage among the bunch that truly encapsulates the fun and feel of Sonic Adventure.

That right there is a simple fix that I'd settle for.

They could have easily fixed it by swapping just Speed Highway for Twinkle Park. Speed Highway is WAY too much like both City Escape and Chemical Plant, while Twinkle Park would be a truly unique stage among the bunch that truly encapsulates the fun and feel of Sonic Adventure.

That right there is a simple fix that I'd settle for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oo;; Wait, wait, wait. RubyEclipse actually commented on this list... and said that some stuff in it was actually incorrect? Oh dear. I'm hoping he's just referring to things like mission structure or something.

Because you don't seem to grasp the fact that this is my opinion, I'll answer your question with "obviously". tongue.gif
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hey what's going o-

Oh god those levels.

Really, they did absolutely everything wrong that could have possibly gone wrong. City and green trope levels are overrepresented, modern levels severely outweigh the classic levels, and there's no Sonic 3 or CD to be found. Were they really pressed for what levels to use? Variety has usually been a strong point of the series and this shit's the best they could come up with? Hell, I don't even care about Sonic CD but they could very well have thrown in levels from both games to up it to 5:6, and the level themes are just about best points of the game, so they could have made something with them. In fact, CD's exclusion almost makes sense due to its obscurity, but Sonic 3's absence is baffling.

Well that's just fantastic. The levels on their own are nice choices, but as a whole this list is just flat-out disappointing. If this is what the final product is going to be like then my interest in the game will practically be nonexistent, which was already average to begin with, but I was at least curious about the levels to be used and how they could still construct an ordinary Sonic game when put together. Seems like even this isn't going to happen and it turns out to be a generic mesh of levels with more redundancy than awe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you seen the three of them back-to-back? Like, seriously?

Have you seen the three of them back-to-back? Like, seriously?

Edited by EXshad

Oo;; Wait, wait, wait. RubyEclipse actually commented on this list... and said that some stuff in it was actually incorrect? Oh dear. I'm hoping he's just referring to things like mission structure or something.

Yup. And I played them. All 3. Compare the "At Dawn" segment of Speed Highway to City Escape,

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

That would DOUBLE the size of the game. They might as well just release a sequel.

As much as Id LOVE more content, new zones have to be built from the ground up. You need new textures, models, etc for whatever zone you're remaking. I'm still not convinced we'll get any NEW zones. Unleashed added more mini acts to existing zones; Generations will probably do the same.

But please, SEGA, prove me wrong and I'll love you forever.

I'm pretty sure what the other user is referencing the other list that was "leaked" by some user on Retro some time ago. How similar this and that list are I have no idea.

Green Hill Zone

Chemical Plant Zone

Sky Sanctuary

Speed Highway

City Escape

Seaside Hill/ Bingo Highway

Crisis City

Spagonia

Planet Wisp

Edited by Inferno