Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

And finally, as many know, I hang out in the SEGA Forums. And that's terrible.
Edited by Yeow95

Wait......why is it a bad thing that you're a member of the SEGA forums? Before it went offline, I hung out there all the time. Is that really something to be ashamed of?.....

I'm not, but the SEGA Forums is one of those places that gain a (justified I suppose) notorious reputation. So anyone from SEGA Forums is kind of seen automatically as an idiot or something along those lines.

My favorite Sonic characters are the Babylon Rouges as they are pretty much the proper archrival to Team Sonic. (i guess...) Shadow and Silver are more like allies than rivals.

I also think that Rouge is friggin hot and I want her to appear more in the series for that sole reason. (and how she flirts with Knuckles always puts a smile on my face)

Chip, Professor Pickle and the Chaotix are awesome, underrated characters that need to return.

I'm not, but the SEGA Forums is one of those places that gain a (justified I suppose) notorious reputation. So anyone from SEGA Forums is kind of seen automatically as an idiot or something along those lines.

Well that sucks....... :mellow:

Yeah, I listen to soundtracks in Sonic games. My favourites are: SA2 GUN Mobile soundtrack, SA2 Shadow vs Sonic Part 2 soundtrack, Sonic 06 Flame Core and Sonic 06 Boss vs Character soundtrack.

=/

Yeah, I listen to soundtracks in Sonic games. My favourites are: SA2 GUN Mobile soundtrack, SA2 Shadow vs Sonic Part 2 soundtrack, Sonic 06 Flame Core and Sonic 06 Boss vs Character soundtrack.

=/

So do I. I don't see it as a shameful secret...

=/

I play Sonic Music...in the car...when I'm with my friends. They think I'm weird because of it.

TBH, I feel like a bit of a traitor to say this but I will never even mention Sonic around my friends anymore...makes them think I'm some kind of weird Sonic obsessive person. I even hide away my Megadrive when they come over. :(

A lot of my college friends are game nerds so they don't care. but people I drive around with don't care about video games. So when they hear the music they're like wtf? And I just tell them they either enjoy Knuckles rapping about Aquatic Mines and Pumpkin Hills or walk. :angry:

Edited by Dejablue

• 4 weeks later...

I use to have a crush on Silver.

And I made this stupid fan character who......my other fan character.

When I had just discovered the Interwebz, I saw a flash movie of Mario fighting Sonic. So I had a deep hatred for Sonic after that. Well, that was definitely fixed once I played my first Sonic game (which was SA2B).

When I was playing SA2B at my sister's house (read: truck) I didn't want to play the Rouge levels or to look at cutscenes with Rouge because of her look that made me blush. I was young, don't laugh.

Also, I really love Sonic games, but I also really suck at them.

And I used to have a crush on Amy two years ago. Don't laugh, the trolls who were around me did it first.

What else... I think that's all. Excuse me, but I'm going to the bar to get drunk, see you later (if ever).

I play Sonic Music...in the car...when I'm with my friends. They think I'm weird because of it.

I'm guilty of that too man, you aren't alone! I don't do it often anymore, but still. Some of my friends really liked it though, in fact to this day one of my buddies asks for Radical Highway every time we ride in my car. I just can't help myself though, listening to Sonic music makes driving so much fun. Don't even care how high the nerd-factor is... I'm not ashamed.

Edited by Ivo the Egghog

• 3 months later...

BUMP!

But seriously...I once made a Sonic recolor D:

It was basically a Shadow recolor in every sense of the word except he was a cat. when I was probably 11, it was like some mini-comic series/bunch of drawings I did.

Weeeeeeeeeell, I do have one particular shameful Sonic-related thing, but... I mean, even if Sonic was omitted from that "secret," it would still be shameful because it was an abomination to... ANYTHING. But I'll get to that later.

I don't relly consider this to be "shameful" or anything, really but... well... *breaks out into guilty tears* I've actually enjoyed every single Sonic game I've played without exception. Call me a fanboy, and I mean, yes, none of the games are perfect, and yes, I can go on for hours about why Sonic and the Black Knight is by far my least favorite Sonic game in the entire series, but... I still have fond memories of my play-through of every single Sonic game I've ever played... with the exception of Somari. You know, that garbage Sonic 1 hack for the NES? But I digress as should I go into a rant about the mental scars that unlicensed mess of a port has put me through then I may never stop!

So yes, I admit it. I loved the Werehog, at times even better than the day stages of Unleashed. Yes, I wish it were something else, yes the whole concept of Sonic turning into a big, hairy beast is just downright dumb, but I can't say I absolutely despise it. I admit I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog, and for sentimental reasons, it's one of my favorite games of the franchise. I remember how my best friend and I were completely dumbfounded by the announcement of Shadow having his own game with a gameplay where firearms are a prevalent theme, and then when we finally got to playing it, we couldn't stop laughing hysterically at the game's silliness, the hilariously Kindergarten-grade villain, the overuse of the word "damn," the piss poor acting, EVERYTHING. I admit that even though I despise the clunky and unresponsive controls to Black Knight, I enjoyed hating each and every waking minute of it, and to the game's credit, it has perhaps the most beautiful presentation of all the Sonic games. Those cutscenes are simply to die for!

I even enjoyed Sonic Heroes and denied for the longest time that it was "retarded" as my brother and my friends would frequently describe it. I mean, yes, today, I can totally see where they're getting at because I mean it is pretty stupid, but I loved each and every minute of it's pitifully-executed teamplay mechanic, it's horrid dialogue, and cheezy plot.

Now bearing in mind, I've not played the infamously-panned Sonic '06, and perhaps once I do get around to playing it, it will be the one and only Sonic game that I can honestly despise, so I guess my opinion isn't nearly as valid as those who have endured its pains. But from the nightmares and catastrophes of game design and marketing I have experienced in Unleashed, Black Knight, and all the horrid games that may have preceded it, each and every game was an experience and they all have a special place in my heart.

So yeah, fanboyism aside, I'm pretty sure no one cares about the above. The real super-secret being... well, I'm -never- going to upload this to the internet. Even as I was writing I was embarrassed by its literary stupidity and downright awful premise. I mean, if there's anything that could give the plot to Sonic '06 a run for its money, it's probably a fan fiction I wrote around the time Sonic and the Secret Rings came out in which I crossed over the Sonic universe with (anime fans, prepare your faces to collide with your palms) Martian Successor Nadesico. You know? That subpar (yet ever-so-wonderful and delightful) parody of Evangelion that introduced the archetypical deadpan moe girl that is Ruri Hoshino? (My fave Anime character by the way <3)

Yeah, I crossed those over, and guess what? I was going through a really emo phase in my life. I mean, -really- emo, and as a result the fan fiction itself came across as equally depressing. Even worse, the way it was written, you'd swear I was attempting to ship Ruri with Sonic, although that was not the intent at all, and you know what? All of those sins against Sonic, Nadesico, and overall literature would be completely forgivable if it weren't for the fact that I made not one, not two, not three, but FOUR of these monstrosities. I look back at them today and wonder what kind of crack I had to have been snorting to come up with such a preposterous idea... let alone how poorly it was executed.

BUMP!

But seriously...I once made a Sonic recolor D:

It was basically a Shadow recolor in every sense of the word except he was a cat. when I was probably 11, it was like some mini-comic series/bunch of drawings I did.

I once did a recolor of Sonic who was orange. Then I started frequenting the internet more and learned how "recolors" were looked down upon in the obviously ever-so-civil fan fiction community, so I later changed his design so that he had... ONE quill facing upward (sort of like Shadow's topmost quill) and when that wasn't enough I made his gloves and shoes navy blue and his eyes red. But what -really- set him apart from Sonic is this totally-original and completely-mine characteristic: He had a green buckle instead of a gold one! Yup, amazing!

I'm not even going to BOTHER to go into detail about how his backstory was essentially the exact same thing as Shadow's, only it didn't take place in space. Seriously. You can see, I was quite the original artiste when I was younger. =/

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was little (as in 4 years old) I used to thought that Tails was a hedgehog since I thought a Hedgehog was the creature in the Sonic games, (yes, my level of stupidity was outstanding) until my brother told me that he isn't & that he was a squirrel. So yeah, it was until Sonic X that I found out that he was a fox. Oh & I first thought that Amy was a sort of Cat when first seeing her in Sonic X also.

When I was 12, I had a slight crush on Amy.... yeah, it's best I should go now... O_o

I once tried to roll up into a ball and roll down the stairs. Needless to say, it didn't work too good.

Shut up, I was 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Sonic 06; favorite game

I like Silver more than any other character

Eggman Nega > Eggman

I hate Sonic CD and S3K

I also hate Sonic Adventure

I like most 3-D games

Sonic 4 is my favorite 2-D game

that's all. And I'm dead serious.

Edited by Haruhi Clause

I have a guilty pleasure for Sonic '06.

I never beat any 2D Sonic game except for Sonic 1 and Sonic Advance.

I cry to Elise's theme.

Other than that, not much else.

Oh, and I never could beat Sonic Adventure fully until I was 14. I only ever beat Tail's story.

I once tried to roll up into a ball and roll down the stairs. Needless to say, it didn't work too good.

Shut up, I was 4.

I did the same at around the same age, except I was rolling around (at the speed of sound) all over the living room floor, & I kept crashing into the bloody TV & everyone else. ^^'

My Guilty Secrets

- I like Elise more than Amy.

- I had one fan character who was Tails' lover and another who was his sister.

- I have yet to beat any of Sonic's classic games.

- I enjoy Sonic Riders

- I like Silver

- I hate Blaze

- I use to be a SonicxShadow fangirl.