Awoo.

Games Masters greatest gift to the Sonic fanbase ever!

Badnik Mechanic

Ditto.

I assume the magazine comes with all the goodies, and that it isn't just a newsstand thing. But I sent an email to the site asking about it anyway, just to be safe.

Well, we do have some variation of a newsstand, but it literally is strictly for newspapers. Anything else comes from the Newsagents and/or Supermarkets. :)

Just a heads-up, but my local WHSmith have restocked with a fair plenty of them. It looks like they're trying to make this fairly widely available, given it's the anniversary month.

I bought a copy in my local WHSmith's today and I absolutely love it! As people have said before me, a ton of love has gone into making this magazine.

I'm half-tempted to buy some more for collection purposes, they had about 6 on offer.

I received my copy in the post today and it's absolutely fantastic - as many of you have already said, the dedication that went into the magazine is all to clear, and it is a great piece to add to your collection

Overall, I'm absolutely chuffed with it :)

Edited by Ryan91

I received my copy in the post today and it's absolutely fantastic - as many of you have already said, the dedication that went into the magazine is all to clear, and it is a great piece to add to your collection

Overall, I'm absolutely chuffed with it :)

Just noticed your from scotland too :) albeit a bit further away since Im in glasgow, Just to check did you order yours online from my favorite magazine.co.uk and if you did, did it come with the free goodies?

Just noticed your from scotland too :) albeit a bit further away since Im in glasgow, Just to check did you order yours online from my favorite magazine.co.uk and if you did, did it come with the free goodies?

If you're in Glasgow you should be able to pick it up easy enough in the shops and that way you know the free gifts will definitely be there (although I can't see why they wouldn't come with the online order anyway). Pretty sure most WHSmiths will have a copy in... was actually just in the one in The Forge yesterday and they still had loads of them on the shelf.

If you're in Glasgow you should be able to pick it up easy enough in the shops and that way you know the free gifts will definitely be there (although I can't see why they wouldn't come with the online order anyway). Pretty sure most WHSmiths will have a copy in... was actually just in the one in The Forge yesterday and they still had loads of them on the shelf.

oH wow really, thanks so much for telling me that, the forge is just a uick drive from my house so I'll pop in tomorrow and pick my copy up. Thanks a bunch :)

Sorry I've taken as long to reply !

Let me know if you manage to get a copy tomorrow - if not, the myfavouritemagazine.co.uk did include the goodies - decent sized poster may I add :)

Sorry I've taken as long to reply !

Let me know if you manage to get a copy tomorrow - if not, the myfavouritemagazine.co.uk did include the goodies - decent sized poster may I add :)

yep I managed to find one today (thanks to Lucky for the heads up on where to get it). The badges are smaller than I expected but the poster is way bigger than I imagined it would be. Btw chilli-dog recipe for the win ;)

yep I managed to find one today (thanks to Lucky for the heads up on where to get it). The badges are smaller than I expected but the poster is way bigger than I imagined it would be. Btw chilli-dog recipe for the win ;)

Nice one :D Glad you managed to find one

Yeah, I was expecting the poster to not be too far off A4 size, so imagine my reaction when I unfolded it for the first time haha

I too managed to pick up a copy today! I'm surprised how easy it was to find in WHSmith actually, I was expecting to have to dig through loads of obscure stuff before I found it but, lo and behold, it had its own little display to itself! Very nice.

I haven't read it properly yet but I've flicked through and it looks amazing. Well worth £7.99, at any rate. It's the best Sonic-related magazine I've bought in yonks and would recommend it to anyone wanting to celebrate Sonic's 20th!

Also, DAT POSTER. Hot damn I am having that Generations poster on my wall.

I just got mine today from my local WHSmiths and despite very few factual errors and some uses of fanart without credit (From what I can see. They credited Shopaaa for his/her fanart on the Chili Dog recipe pages but I can't see acknowledgement for the Mephiles, Metal Knux and Mecha Sonic on the villains pages. Enlighten me if I am wrong though ^^;;;) I am extremely impressed.

It's a great magazine that had the lot of love put into it and research. It's teeming with admiration for the series. And the 2-sided poster is amazing! It's on decent paper that's a bit thicker and likely more resilient than typical paper. And the badges are lovely and small, so much so that I think I may wear mine on my bandanna to SOS this year because they're so pleasantly tiny. I also love the stickers, they're printed on transparent plastic, so they won't tear easily. They're also so clear that you can make out the pixels of the sprites with great clarity.

Overall, WELL WORTH 8 QUID for ANY Sonic fan. It's an excellent publication with quality for beyond GamesMaster's typical quality and very very nice inclusions.

Edited by Verte

Brought two today from WHSmith. One for my reading eyes the other for collectors :D. Because im a nerd and all i noticed a mistake. If you look on page 50 it tells you about Chao yet shows a picture of Chaos. But regardless one fine pint and one great magazine.

There's quite a few mistakes in there, mostly minor typos. But it really is a fun read, even if there's not much new in there for the seasoned Sonic connoisseur. I finally got my copy today; very grateful for the sleeve it comes in, as it was raining and the blighter wouldn't fit in my bag >_> Finally got home and spent a good hour just sitting on my bed eating my sandwich from Greggs (mango chicken, mmm) and thumbing through the issue. Poster is definitely going up on my wall. Thrilled a little bit when I saw my name credited on the merch page XD But yeah, it took me this long to finally get hold of the mag, but worth every penny IMO (:

I don't think Sonic would be dumb enough to keep a dormant god of destruction as a pet, though.

Picked up the magazine a few days ago and flicked through it. Apart from minor things that were left out (comics and tv shows, where are you~?), it is a fantastic magazine packed full of Sonic-y goodness. Oh, and I LOVE the free stuff, especially the badges! <3 I'm pinning those onto my bag for Saturday!

But what really suprised me most was the Summer of Sonic article. Me and my boyfriend are on the first photo with the glass cabinet!! XD Well, I'm half on the photo, but my bf is right there next to the cabinet. Pretty cool!

Gazah: Chaos is a Chao.

I think he means Chaos as in the God of Destruction and not the plural for Chao. Unless of course what your saying is that Chaos (the God of Destruction) was a Chao, which would be a fact I wasn't aware of. In any case I have no idea to what picture the both of you are referring to because I don't own the magazine in question.

I was tempted to buy it, but £7.99 is too much for me to pay for a magazine filled with information freely available on the internet. Obviously the magazines main selling point would be the presentation and collectors novelty, but still it's £7.99 I could spend elsewhere.

^ Chaos is really a Chao.

Sonic Channel asserts that Chaos was, in the dim and distant past, a humble Chao himself. However, prolonged exposure to the Master Emerald mutated him into his familiar translucent, watery form. Chaos adopted a role as protector of the Emerald Shrine and his Chao bretheren.

... and... Sonic... wearing a pink apron...

?

apron_sonic_by_shoppaaaa.jpg

Classy, Games Masters. Classy. -w-

I actually kinda want it now just to see that pic in the magazine lol.

*Brings out her trusty colour wheel*

Hmm...theoretically, Jet wears pink the best. Not surprised.

Little off topic (ish) due to gamesmasters insight on some characters who never made it past the concept stage, anyone know any others that never made it?

we all know Honey the cat somewhat exsists (albeit in hack form)and Tiara (and her dad) from X-TREME) and now with the recent BOOMER THE TURTLE & SPEEDY THE PORCUPINE is there any other who were created but never used? Just cool to know what could have been?