Awoo.

Games Masters greatest gift to the Sonic fanbase ever!

Badnik Mechanic

Little off topic (ish) due to gamesmasters insight on some characters who never made it past the concept stage, anyone know any others that never made it?

we all know Honey the cat somewhat exsists (albeit in hack form)and Tiara (and her dad) from X-TREME) and now with the recent BOOMER THE TURTLE & SPEEDY THE PORCUPINE is there any other who were created but never used? Just cool to know what could have been?

What? Can you please post scans about these characters please?

Adamis I will scan the mini articles asap for you, unfortunatly there isnt any pics of BOOMER or SPEEDY in it, but I will scan the articles so that you know it is in the magazine, so wish SEGA would just release the extremely rare concept drawings just to see what could have been. P.s would tomorrow also include Mighty's 20th anniversary along with Vector's?

After a long decision, I decided to buy the GamesMaster Sonic special :) Usually I find magazines to be kinda boring, but I found it was quite an interesting read. Loved the free gifts! Admittedly these were the main reasons why I decided to go ahead and buy it, haha.

Adamis I will scan the mini articles asap for you, unfortunatly there isnt any pics of BOOMER or SPEEDY in it, but I will scan the articles so that you know it is in the magazine, so wish SEGA would just release the extremely rare concept drawings just to see what could have been. P.s would tomorrow also include Mighty's 20th anniversary along with Vector's?

Thanks a lot :)

The magazine arrived in the mail today :) It is indeed the special edition with the glossy gold outer case n' all

The magazine arrived in the mail today :) It is indeed the special edition with the glossy gold outer case n' all

I looked through in Tesco and couldn't find it. :(

Although i did find the new issue of Game Master. :D It has an new interview with Iizuka and some more general info about Generations. It also has a 'History Of A 'Hog' feature. Sonic's on the front, too.

Should i scan? And put in the Generations forum?

Edited by MobileChikane

So i'm guessing this isn't on sale anymore? I looked through in Tesco and couldn't find it. :(

Edited by Ryan91

I've yet to receive mine, but their website says 14 days to deliver and they sent it out 10 days ago. It would be insanely awesome if the issue arrived today!

I looked through in Tesco and couldn't find it. :(

Although i did find the new issue of Game Master. :D It has an new interview with Iizuka and some more general info about Generations. It also has a 'History Of A 'Hog' feature. Sonic's on the front, too.

Should i scan? And put in the Generations forum?

Now I got the Magazine and it's awesome! :)

Many thanks goes to -Mark-

Edited by montrey

I mailed off a copy to a friend in America who read my rave review in my LiveJournal and desperately wanted a copy XD Keep spreading the love, people! ♥

Great news. Did all the freebies come with it too?

Opps, kinda late, but yes, came with all the goodies :) Those badges are tiny

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I made a video about the magazine too. So yeah...

So I just had a look at Gamesmasters normal magazine, they too are doing something Sonic related.

Theres a very large look at Generations as well as a Sonic timeline thing (it might be the same one in the GM Presents magazine). But also, they have multiple covers based on Sonic generations. Cover 1 is of classic sonic. cover 2 is of modern sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I just had a look at Gamesmasters normal magazine, they too are doing something Sonic related.

Theres a very large look at Generations as well as a Sonic timeline thing (it might be the same one in the GM Presents magazine). But also, they have multiple covers based on Sonic generations. Cover 1 is of classic sonic. cover 2 is of modern sonic.

Bugger, gotta go buy that one too. Ta for the heads up!

Oh, cool. Any new info/screens on Generations?

Not that I could tell.

I didn't buy it since theres a ton of free gifts with it which someone had already helped themselves too. I don't think theres too much new info. Theres some DS screens but I think we've seen them before.

• 2 months later...

And so it ends.

Just been into a bunch of WHSmiths, and I've noticed that this magazine is no longer being stocked. It's been on the shelfs for the past 3 months however today it's not longer there. Whilst GamesMaster Presents is still there, they've now moved onto the next issue.

These items are now officially out of print collectors items lol.

Oh if you're interested, the next issue is about the last 25 years of some Pixi looking dude, I think they said his name was Link. Whoever that is. =p

Edited by Hogfather

Yeah, most places have moved on to the Zelda one, but while the Sonic one was on the shelves I couldn;t help that notice stores were selling it at £7.99 and people on eBay were trying to get £15 or more for it!