Awoo.

Good 2000s cartoons and bad 1990s cartoons

Chaosmaster8753

Fucking Mega Babies. As a little kid, I was sorta fond of some of the Gross Out cartoons that were uncommon during the 90's, but this? This shit made me want to rip my eyes out.

WHAT THE FRICK DID I JUST WATCH

Also, I thought of another crappy one from the 90's that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet: SONIC UNDERGROUND. The songs were just cringeworthy. Oh, and Jaleel White's Sonia voice. The Super Mario World cartoon was pretty bad, too, but I think that might be closer to "so bad it's good."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sfJXI3V6HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUtTBM2FJ8

This doesn't make sense at all. It takes a crappy, overdone premise (CHARACTERS DE-AGED AND THROWN INTO HIGH SCHOOL!) and combines it with characters who were originally a part of overrated, poorly-animated Hannah-Barbera cartoons. Whatsmore, wasn't Yogi Bear originally wild? Why the sudden humanization?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4duTLUq9y8

This crap can easily rival Captain Planet in terms of the Anviliciousness and Broken Aesops. I lol'd at the way Simon says "Marijuana" :lol:

Phineas and Ferb. Just the parodies and clever writing alone make it worthy of watching, but the actually concept of the show is great too. It's just filled with imagination and life. There's a lot of episodes you'd have to watch multiple times to catch everything. Greeeeat show ~

I forgot about this. P&F is probably the best children-oriented show I can think of today.

As for shows that could actually keep my interested. I would say Teen Titans, Kaput and Zosky, Avatar the last airbender (who didn't watch this show and liked it), Sheep in the big city, Totally Spies, Martin Mystery, and Total Drama island to name a few.

I would go into thorough detail of why I like each of these shows, but I would end up repeating myself. So I'll just say these were the shows that attracted me. The only thing I watch on TV now is Young Justice, and I rarely keep up with that. TV itself isn't interesting to me anymore.

-Edit-

I would like to also make mention of What's New, Scooby-Doo?

As for bad 90s shows... That's tough:

Captain Planet:

Hahahaha! This show sucked on so many lvl's that it wasn't even funny.

Edited by Arioch

Fucking Mega Babies. As a little kid, I was sorta fond of some of the Gross Out cartoons that were uncommon during the 90's, but this? This shit made me want to rip my eyes out.

Dear god... That makes Ren and Stimpy look like freaking Little Bear! How in the hell did this show get made?! This is screwed up even by 90s standards!!! O_o;

I forgot about this. P&F is probably the best children-oriented show I can think of today.

WAAAAT YOU FORGOT D:

How could you not remember all the amazing Dr. Doofenshmirtz goodness </3

I think the topic started over people saying "90's cartoons were good but 2000's were terrible" a lot, so a topic was made in order to go against that claim.

That's exactly why I made this thread.

Bad 90's cartoons:

• The New Adventures of He-Man
  • Captain Planet and the Planeteers
  • Peter Pan and the Pirates
  • The Ren and Stimpy Show
  • Back to the Future: The Animated Series
  • James Bond Jr.
  • Street Sharks
  • Richie Rich
  • Sonic Underground
  • Hercules: The Animated Series
  • RoboCop: Alpha Commando
  • Angela Anaconda
  • The Avengers: United They Stand
  • Sabrina, the Animated Series
  • Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

Good 2000th's cartoons:
    • Samurai Jack
    • The Fairly OddParents
    • Wakfu
    • Ben 10
    • The Batman
    • Megas XLR
    • Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    • Ben 10: Alien Force
      and pretty much they are all.
Edited by Wrenchsman

I think "Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue" is the greatest work of unintentional comedy ever created.

Hmmm, let me jog my memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7dHhhY_1A

brb, watching the intros.

Edit: I got up the Pirates of dark water and thought that things weren't going well for the 00's (oh-oh's?). Then the Pro-Stars intro started.

Another edit: So there is a part one.

Edited by Phos

Bad cartoons from the 90s...Well, I don't remember too much...but I remember trying to watch Samurai Pizza Cats, but it never caught my attention in the end. Same happened with Silverhawks (for me...I don't know you). Then I can agree with Captain Planet.

If you ask me for good ones, I used to watch both Sonic cartoons, T-Rex, Dinosaucers, Swat Cats, Extreme Dinosaurs, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa...I don't remember more now.

Now in 2000s case...there are some that some people already mentioned here that I consider good (P&F, Chowder, The Amazing Spiderman, Ben 10 Alien Force) but also, for some reason, Generator Rex is catching my attention...I simply find it interesting. And maybe Spliced

Edited by Vec

Samurai Pizza Cats is an anime, though it's correct, from the 90's. If we were talking about anime they'd be huge lists here. So in other words the attention focus on non-japanese animations shows. As for Silverhawks they belong to the 80's, and it was rather an educative show as most of the astrology I know it's from that show (and it's quite rare for people to know about the galaxy, unless that's their area they focus or work with them which I don't). Also Saint Seiya is another one from the 80's. Captain Tsubasa I believe it is from the 90's. And I believe you gotta mention the bad ones from the 90's, not the good ones.

Edited by Wrenchsman

Samurai Pizza Cats might as well be an American production, because it had little resemblance to its source material. Considering the original version is completely boring and devoid of any of its trademark witty humor, it was a change for the better.

Samurai Pizza Cats is an anime, though it's correct, from the 90's. If we were talking about anime they'd be huge lists here. So in other words the attention focus on non-japanese animations shows. As for Silverhawks they belong to the 80's, and it was rather an educative show as most of the astrology I know it's from that show (and it's quite rare for people to know about the galaxy, unless that's their area they focus or work with them which I don't). Also Saint Seiya is another one from the 80's. Captain Tsubasa I believe it is from the 90's. And I believe you gotta mention the bad ones from the 90's, not the good ones.

Well, I mentioned the ones I used to watch back then, I didn't know that. And I mentioned which ones I considered bad

Here's the story with Samurai Pizza Cats: The localizers got the masters but not a translation of the the script, the they weren't able to translate it themselves, so they just made up stories to go with the animation.

And here's my view overall: The quality of animation had a big dip that started about 05 or 06 and just got worse from there for a while. They both had their high points and their duds, but until the likes of Regular Show and Adventure Time, there was pretty much just a bunch of crap on TV.

Time Squad: A comedy about a trio of time cops who confront historical figures who aren't acting in accordance to the history books. The personalities and interactions of the main characters were hilarious as was the comical interpretations of historical figures gone rogue, and it facilitated a bit of tangential learning on the part of me and others who bothered to watch it.

Time Squad gave me an idea for an educational videogame that would actually be fun.

Okay, I was born in 1996, so my case is the same as Ulver's. XD My memory is VERY hazy. Oh, and by the way, MOVIES COUNT. :D

1990s

Anastasia

FernGully (1!)

Timon and Pumbaa (The Series)

Aladdin (The Series, but not as good as the movie, loved Robin Williams)

Pokémon KANTO

PB&J Otter

2000s

House of Mouse/Mickey Mouse Works

Proud Family

Chalk Zone

Flapjack

Chowder

Regular Show

I like the Timon and Pumbaa series along with Aladdin, each to their own, mind you. :)

Oh FernGully. If you've seen it, and if you did seen Avatar (the non-Aang one) you can pretty much tell it's the same plot.

Though I think this person actually went with the 90's likes, instead of dislikes. Robin Williams was also in FernGully, btw.

Edited by Wrenchsman

Good 2000s cartoons?

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Teen Titans

Samurai Jack

The Fairly OddParents

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Good now I don't have to mention it. Avatar was by far the best cartoon in the last decade. Teen Titans were not to far behind.

My thought about the bad 90's toons? Cow and Chicken. I hated this show. I mean I'm sure it had a lot of fans but I never found any interest in this. And don't forget Sonic Underground. One of the worst Sonic toons to ever premiere. Glad it was finally cancelled.

Uh where would Power Puff Girls, Dexters Lab and Ed EDD & EDDY fall? All 3 made it from the 90's to the 00's and all were fantastic. More so the PPG.

Edited by Wrenchsman

Oh FernGully. If you've seen it, and if you did seen Avatar (the non-Aang one) you can pretty much tell it's the same plot.

Though I think this person actually went with the 90's likes, instead of dislikes. Robin Williams was also in FernGully, btw.

Bad 90's toons?

The Mario cartoons are just so bad they're good.

Good 00's toons?

Kappa Mikey,Powerpuff Girls, Fairy Odd Parents and Sonic X Fosters are my picks.

Edited by Light Gaia

Meh, Avatar is a movie you watch because it looks cool. You don't watch it for the plot.

Actually, Avatar lacks of variety. It looks like an awful copy/paste job.

Bad 90s:

Mega Babies (kill it with fire)

Life with Louie

The Wild Thornberries

Rocket Power (yes with those two I just went there)

Sonic Underground

A Pup Named Scooby Doo

Angela Anaconda

Mike, Lu, and Og

Doug (yep, you heard me again)

Two Stupid Dogs (not as good as I remembered)

Family Guy (repeat what I said about Mega Babies)

Good 2000s:

Samurai Jack (ALL THE WAY BABY)

Spongebob Squarepants

Time Squad

Sheep in the Big City

Whatever Happened to Robot Jones

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Fairly OddParents (..kind of)

Teen Titans

HiHi Puffy AmiYumi (..sue me <_>)

Harvey Birdman: Attourney At Law

Aqua Teen Hunger Force