Awoo.

New interview video: Iizuka

Woun

Ah fair enough. I think a lot of people would agree with you that checker board hills are an improvement over Greece. The negativity in this topic is more directed towards gameplay. o:

I didn't have too much of a problem with Unleahsed gameplay, sure it wasn't perfect but I always thought take this and polish it, make the levels actual Sonic levels and you've got something.

Colours gameplay was pretty fun and getting closer to what I wanted, Generations is just awesome!

The fact they're both stroking my classic loving Sonic side and my modern lovnig Sonic side in one game is making me literally edge of seat excited for this game. I really can't think of a time when I've been more excited for a Sonic game.

I really can't see the complaints in this. In that video I can defintely see a few possible multiple paths and I really don't see anything linear about it at all. I think it's really exciting. The part where Sonic enters the waterfall cave is so unexpected and like a weird rush (well it was the first time, now that I've watched it a zillion times it kinda wore off) but if the game has more stuff like that and with the giant badnik pirahnna then I will be happy. Add a Nack cameo or Triple Trouble level with him in it and I think my Sonic expectations for the next 20 years would have been fullfilled!

Excuse me, there was a glitch by accident into the wrong topic written. -_______-'

Edited by Woun

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, these Green Hill level designs look pretty sick, but I want to see other stages confirmed...

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd post this here, so we don't end up with a lot of topics about interviews.

Iizuka: 'It's hard to please old Sonic fans'

Sonic Generations producer hopes new game will appeal to Mega Drive fans

Posted by Thomas East | Friday 5-Aug-2011 10:14 AM

Sonic Generations producer Takashi Iizuka has told Official Nintendo Magazine that it's tough to please fans of the old Sonic games. Yet he has high hopes that his new game will appeal to fans of the Mega Drive games.

screenshot_38447_thumb_wide402.jpgthumb_overlay_wide402.png

Sonic Generations will mark the 20th anniversary of the hedgehog with its mix of old and new platform action and its this combination that Iizuka feels will be appealing to all Sonic fans.

"Our team are always trying to present new gameplay innovations so it's hard to please fans who like the gameplay from the older games," said Iizuka.

"However, we have included the older gameplay as part of Sonic's 20th Anniversary, so we think the fans of the older games will enjoy it [Generations] as well. We are also looking into continuing the Sonic 4 series which was released on WiiWare, and we'll keep developing titles so more fans will enjoy the games."

Are you looking forward to Sonic Generations? Let us know by commenting below.

Look out for our full interview with Takashi Iizuka soon.

Sonic Generations will be released for 3DS in November.

http://www.officialn...old-sonic-fans/

Iizuka makes pretty meh Interviews, you don't feel the love and passion other game creator express when they talk about their games. Even with Unleashed it was kinda different from that.

Interesting...

"Classic Sonic will run through stages of recent games and Modern Sonic will blast through stages from the older titles."

Interesting...

"Classic Sonic will run through stages of recent games and Modern Sonic will blast through stages from the older titles."

Yeah, the interview basically just reaffirms stuff about the 3DS version we already knew. It's soooo annoying that we've still seen or heard much new about this version of the game since it was announced. ONM may as well have not bothered doing the interview until Sonic Team is ready to reveal more about this version.

Uh... yeah, that's kind of the point of the game.

He mentions both Rush and Colors DS, so we'll definitely be seeing stages from those titles show up (if that wasn't obvious already).

Uh... yeah, that's kind of the point of the game.

He mentions both Rush and Colors DS, so we'll definitely be seeing stages from those titles show up (if that wasn't obvious already).

Just because he mentions Colors as a well-received game doesn't mean a stage will show up in the game. Remember, this version will only have 7 levels, and Colors is already getting Wii representation. Why would a level from Colors show up when it could push a game from the Advance or Rush series off the list, for example?

You could also be right though, we'll just have to see what happens. I just find it unlikely, is all.

Another Iizuka interview

http://www.nowgamer...._interview.html

Thanks, Shadzter.

"Also, we hope to develop Sonic into a character that will be loved by old and young and not just as a video game character, for 40 and 50 years. Sonic has appeared in multiple media like comics and animation series, and we hope he can expand that further."

Iizuka wants the series to go for as long as possible. That's great! biggrin.gif

Possible animations and comics in the future? blink.gif

The only thing i didn't like about it, was the fact that the interviewer deemed Sonic '06 as an official reboot.

Also, "Ah, but does City Escape Zone still feature crappy J-pop?"

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279173

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 4